996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Spoke to Salesman Today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 02:26 PM
ritchieswimwear is infamous around these parts
Spoke to Salesman Today

Dropped car at service today and spoke to a salesman I know there (Champion) for years. We were talking about turbo values dropping and he said they seem to run a cycle of selling high, then dropping near the end of the production run, then picking up in value when a new turbo is released. By the why he said they have no offical data on the new turbo and only teases on the Cayman.The receptionist said Lenny Kravitz and the drummer from Aerosmith were in recently, not sure if they purchased or not. I love this dealership, I have not had good time with my dealings with the Collection except for buying my pre -owned Turbo there a few years ago. After enjoying my car for a few weeks I brought it back for them to do the recall work to Certify my car. After working on it, they left off one of the turbo hoses. When I went back the same day complaining of loss of power, the mechanic rode with me and said the car was fine. For the next month I was driving around thinking these turbos are overated, until Champion reconnected me.