996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

NJ / NY / PA / DE / MD Dyno-Day at AWE Tuning – Saturday, April 16

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 02:30 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice

BACKGROUND
I was speaking with Mike at AWE Tuning and they have decided to host another Dyno Day at their Pennsylvania facility. We have attended several previous dyno-days at their facility and they have always proven to be fun and exciting! AWE Tuning is a top-shelf facility located in Willow Grove, PA.

For those that aren’t aware, Dyno-Day is simply a gathering of Porschephiles for the purpose of running our cars on AWE Tuning’s state-of-the-art four wheel drive Mustang Dynamometer. The dynamometer will determine how much horsepower and torque your car is outputting at the wheels. It differs from other dynamometers in that it collects data delivered through all four tires to the rollers. It mechanically couples the front and rear rollers so that the “apparent road speed” is uniform for the front and rear wheels.

AWE’s staff will be on hand to properly strap down your car on the machine and administer the dyno runs. For those naysayers out there, these runs are done all the time and do not add any more stress to your car than normal street driving.

Here is a picture of the dynamometer……

The last few Dyno Days they hosted were raging successes and this one should prove to be as well!! It is early in the season and everyone is itching to take their cars out of hibernation and let them stretch their legs a bit, so now is the time!

It is a great way to either establish baseline horsepower & torque graphs used for reference when adding power enhancements or determining what power gains were realized by recent modifications. Either way, it will be a fun and enjoyable day since you will meet other Porschephiles and 6Speeders!

DATE
Saturday, April 16, 2005

TIME
Arrive at AWE’s facility at 9:30am.

COST
The cost for three dyno “pulls” will be $100.00 for four wheel drive cars and $80.00 for two wheel drive cars. You will receive three separate hp/tq graphs (one or each “pull”).

2385-C Maryland Road
Willow Grove, PA 19090

Directions can be found here Directions If you are interested in driving there with our NJ group, you are more than welcome. Just let us know!

QUESTIONS??
Mike will be monitoring this thread, and I as well. If you have specific questions concerning the facility, the dyno, or anything more in-depth, please contact AWE Tuning at 888.565.2257.

We hope to see all of you there!!!!

Last edited by KPV; 03-26-2005 at 05:01 PM.
Old 03-25-2005, 03:42 PM
vipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the rough
You know I'm in

Old 03-25-2005, 04:04 PM
Officer Cartman is infamous around these parts
I couldn't make it last year, but I don't see anything preventing me from making it this time around!

Old 03-25-2005, 06:06 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Let's not forget Delaware and Maryland....

KPV summed it up. If you have any questions, feel free to call or email.

888-565-2257

or

mike@awe-tuning.com

If you are unfamiliar with dynos or dyno days, click the link below.

Dyno videos

Old 03-25-2005, 08:13 PM
Happy Now?
Rave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the rough
Can a dyno damage your car in anyway?

Old 03-25-2005, 08:31 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Ron,
The dyno works by your car accelerating against rollers that have inertial and mechanical resistance. It is the collection of the data associated with the acceleration of the rollers that provides the horepower and torque data. A dyno run consists of the car accelerating from a stabilizing, modest, rpm (around 3K) up to near redline and then an instant removal of the tester's foot from the gas pedal (all done by AWE's trained technician). The car must have the proper airflow directed through both the radiators as well as the intercoolers. That said, it is no more stressful than doing a pedal to the metal acceleration on the street.

In general, with our turbos, they set up huge fans to blow air through the radiators in front and backwards through the intercooler outlets in the rear. The intercoolers don't care which way the air flows, just that it does.

It is quite exciting to watch and participate. YOU MUST COME!

Old 03-25-2005, 08:34 PM
KPV
Actually, to add a few more comments to that......
It is my humble opinion, given my knowledge of dynamometers, that the mechanically coupled Mustang 4wd dyno is the safest for a car. Since the front and rear rollers are mechanically coupled, the front and rear tires/wheels see exactly the same "road speed" as they would in normal driving conditions. This means there isn't any risk to the viscous coupling. I have dynoed my car 3 times with three pulls each (9 total pulls).

Old 03-25-2005, 11:51 PM
Happy Now?
Rave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the rough
^ Thanks for the info, I'll try to make it, I would love to see what my IA stage 4 is really putting out.

Old 03-26-2005, 01:09 AM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
The one I attended was a BLAST!! This is a great bunch of guys and AWE is top notch!! I urge anyone to attend if you can!!
Evan

Old 03-26-2005, 08:20 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
i am in like flint!!!

Old 03-26-2005, 08:27 AM
KPV
Chris,
I so cannot wait to here your car rip with the Europipe!!!

Old 03-26-2005, 08:35 AM
ritchieswimwear is infamous around these parts
Watch Your Rear(decklid)

You guys are a bunch of Dyno Queens.

Old 03-26-2005, 08:39 AM
Moderatorette
Porsche Babe is infamous around these parts
Sure Ken, I move out of state and now you decide to put another Dyno day together

Old 03-26-2005, 08:46 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by KPV
Chris,
I so cannot wait to here your car rip with the Europipe!!!
me too. I never get to hear my car from the outside. Always sounds the best that way.

Old 03-26-2005, 08:59 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Porsche Babe
Sure Ken, I move out of state and now you decide to put another Dyno day together
Pack a bag
Hop a plane
See some friends

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: NJ / NY / PA / DE / MD Dyno-Day at AWE Tuning – Saturday, April 16