996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Kinesis F110 wheels cracked! A must see!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 11:27 AM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck
I'll fix that...anyone else that was neg repped let me know
Silly question, but what is a negative rep and how do you know you have one? Does it show up in your profile??

Old 03-25-2011, 11:29 AM
seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Duff0000
Wheel dynamics is listed as logged on now, hopefully they will reply.
That can't be ...

Originally Posted by Wheel Dynamics
I know some of you might think that all vendors are logged-on to 6-spd all day long, that’s not the case, fortunately we have been busy lately which is usually the reason for not being here as often.

Unless of course they're destroying evidence from previous posts.

Old 03-25-2011, 11:46 AM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
I'll fix that...anyone else that was neg repped let me know
Hi Chuck,
I just checked my user CP and I believe I was neg repped also. I just have a comment on the bottom with a red dot that states "your a idiot". I believe this phrase was used previously several times by one of the parties in this wheel fiasco. It's easy to link the two together since the proper way to write it in English is "you're an idiot". What class..... Can you please take care of this for me? Thank you...

Old 03-25-2011, 11:53 AM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
done...and admin rep for having to endure such behavior

Old 03-25-2011, 11:59 AM
The disturbing thing in all this is the question of how many other wheels (that were "expertly" repaired and sold by WD) are out there now on owners cars without their knowledge. How many people have time bombs on their cars waiting to go off? I would say quite a few if WD may have been putting wheels like this into unsuspecting hands for over 10 years. The problem is the fact that there are probably more companies out there with less than stellar ethics and put the mighty dollar above all else. If I had any doubt about the history of my wheels or where they came from I would definitely get a REPUTABLE company do a thorough inspection before a wheel comes apart and you end up not as lucky as Don...

Last edited by pwdrhound; 03-25-2011 at 12:02 PM.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:00 PM
done...and admin rep for having to endure such behavior
Thank you Chuck for taking the time to do this. Much appreciated and keep up the good work...

Old 03-25-2011, 12:01 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by johnselli
Hi Chuck,
I just checked my user CP and I believe I was neg repped also. I just have a comment on the bottom with a red dot that states "your a idiot". I believe this phrase was used previously several times by one of the parties in this wheel fiasco. It's easy to link the two together since the proper way to write it in English is "you're an idiot". What class..... Can you please take care of this for me? Thank you...
Here's a bunch of green from me, John....

Old 03-25-2011, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Here's a bunch of green from me, John....
Thanks!! It really made me chuckle when I read the "anonymous" neg rep because the incorrect spelling might as well have been their signature. Keep up the good work!

Old 03-25-2011, 12:52 PM
Klimo is infamous around these parts
Been following ever since this showed up on rennlist

well it's now on Jalopnik....GOOD LUCK WD! LOL!

Old 03-25-2011, 12:56 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
I had been hopeful that this issue would have been resolved by now. Please be patient as the admins work behind the scenes to resolve this matter and perhaps get Don the result he is looking for. We are very aware that some members have the mindset that the staff of 6speedonline and IB will protect sponsors in situations like this rather than stand by our members. Nothing could be farther from the truth and I will stake my reputation on that. Our policy is to not take sides and to help find a resolution in any way we can. We can't assume that a sponsor or a member is in the wrong because of an accusation. We have to take the time to investigate and examine all the evidence. I can only speak for the moderating/admin staff and I can assure you that we are all members of this forum too and volunteer our time so we are not beholding to IB or the sponsors of this forum.

Old 03-25-2011, 01:30 PM
mpegripper is a jewel in the roughmpegripper is a jewel in the roughmpegripper is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Klimo
Been following ever since this showed up on rennlist

well it's now on Jalopnik....GOOD LUCK WD! LOL!
http://jalopnik.com/#!5785821/porsch...el+spoke-break

Old 03-25-2011, 02:56 PM
RichardB is a jewel in the roughRichardB is a jewel in the roughRichardB is a jewel in the roughRichardB is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by johnselli
The disturbing thing in all this is the question of how many other wheels (that were "expertly" repaired and sold by WD) are out there now on owners cars without their knowledge. How many people have time bombs on their cars waiting to go off? I would say quite a few if WD may have been putting wheels like this into unsuspecting hands for over 10 years. The problem is the fact that there are probably more companies out there with less than stellar ethics and put the mighty dollar above all else. If I had any doubt about the history of my wheels or where they came from I would definitely get a REPUTABLE company do a thorough inspection before a wheel comes apart and you end up not as lucky as Don...
Scary thought!

Old 03-25-2011, 03:06 PM
RichardB is a jewel in the roughRichardB is a jewel in the roughRichardB is a jewel in the roughRichardB is a jewel in the rough
I just saw this also. No mention of WD---yet, but already over 9,000 views in just 3 hours.

Old 03-25-2011, 03:23 PM
jorligan has much to be proud ofjorligan has much to be proud ofjorligan has much to be proud ofjorligan has much to be proud ofjorligan has much to be proud ofjorligan has much to be proud ofjorligan has much to be proud ofjorligan has much to be proud ofjorligan has much to be proud of
Repaired Wheels

Glad that I ended buying new wheels from Tirerack. I had queried about the repaired wheels which are listed on EBAY since their "6 speed special price" was higher than their Buy It Now price. I had made them an offer which they chose to disregard and then discussed other wheels that they sell but kept getting the hard sell which always makes me nervous. Will be posting pictures of my new (to me) 05 911 Turbo S Cab as soon as I get the new wheels installed.

Old 03-25-2011, 03:48 PM
kirkf is a jewel in the roughkirkf is a jewel in the roughkirkf is a jewel in the rough
Buyer beware isn't really applicable in this case.

-The seller of the rims admits to purposely misrepresenting them for sale.
-The wheel shop may have improperly repaired them.

Thats why the easiest way to untangle the mess is to start with (Joe -mrdeezy) supplying the refund to dgreen78.

Then (Joe -mrdeezy) can apply to WD to get a refund on the service they rendered and any additional costs for mounting / unmounting the tire on that wheel.

And I'm sorry to say that YES, that does leave (Joe -mrdeezy), with at least one rim that is suitable for only the garbage dump.

This doesn't mean I agree with WD repairing this wheel. If they were contracted to repair the wheel, and in doing so provided an unsafe product to their customer (Joe - mrdeezy), then they should certainly provide a full refund (for work on that wheel) including reasonable shipping and mounting costs, and review their own procedures to ensure this type of error doesn't occur in the future. (Additional training for the wheel technicians?)

Then as I said before, each of us can decide whether we want to do business with them for either new rims, or rework of damaged rims.

A definition of Caveat Emptor below:

caveat emptor

Also found in: Dictionary/thesaurus, Financial, Idioms, Wikipedia, Hutchinson0.01 sec.DIV.Ov {width:550px}[Latin, Let the buyer beware.] A warning that notifies a buyer that the goods he or she is buying are "as is," or subject to all defects.
When a sale is subject to this warning the purchaser assumes the risk that the product might be either defective or unsuitable to his or her needs.
This rule is not designed to shield sellers who engage in Fraud or bad faith dealing by making false or misleading representations about the quality or condition of a particular product. It merely summarizes the concept that a purchaser must examine, judge, and test a product considered for purchase himself or herself.
The modern trend in laws protecting consumers, however, has minimized the importance of this rule. Although the buyer is still required to make a reasonable inspection of goods upon purchase, increased responsibilities have been placed upon the seller, and the doctrine of caveat venditor (Latin for "let the seller beware") has become more prevalent. Generally, there is a legal presumption that a seller makes certain warranties unless the buyer and the seller agree otherwise. One such Warranty is the Implied Warranty of merchantability. If a person buys soap, for example, there is an implied warranty that it will clean; if a person buys skis, there is an implied warranty that they will be safe to use on the slopes.
A seller who is in the business of regularly selling a particular type of goods has still greater responsibilities in dealing with an average customer. A person purchasing antiques from an antique dealer, or jewelry from a jeweler, is justified in his or her reliance on the expertise of the seller.
If both the buyer and the seller are negotiating from equal bargaining positions, however, the doctrine of caveat emptor would apply.

Regards,

Kirk

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Kinesis F110 wheels cracked! A must see!