996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Kinesis F110 wheels cracked! A must see!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 06:39 AM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
[quote=Gotnem108;3163988]
Originally Posted by Aerodude
Wow -- a lot of people know about this whole situation. I was having lunch with a co-worker and the subject turned to cars. I started to mention this thread and he jumped right in and told me he read about it on Jalopnik. I checked and found the link:

http://jalopnik.com/#!5785821/porsche-911-gt2-suffers-near+catastrophic-wheel+spoke-break[/QUO

Oh boy, he's toasted!
Damn, the internet is serious business.

Old 03-30-2011, 07:08 AM
dragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond repute
wow, 23k views and this thread is still going after the decision was made and handed out. TBH we should probably close this thread after a summary made about the events that occurred and the resolution.

Old 03-30-2011, 07:21 AM
dragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond repute
Here's my attempt at a summary for everyone new to the thread:

- Dgreen78 (Don) bought wheels from a fellow 6speed member MrDeezy (Joe) and while driving, 2 spokes sheared. No one was injured thank god.

- Don tries to talk to Joe privately to settle the matter, but Joe basically tells him to talk to Wheel Dynamics (Hereto referred to as WD)

- Don notices that the wheels were "repaired" before and multiple spokes were sheared and then re-welded

- Both WD and Joe fail to disclose the fact the wheels were re-welded and only say they were "painted" or "strengthened"

- WD refuses to give Don a full credit, or a replacement set of rims. Their basis is that they cannot control what happens to the rims after they leave their inventory and they themselves did not sell the rims to Don. However, they did not disclose to Joe that the wheels were re-welded after spokes had sheared. At the time of purchase from Joe, Don was transferred an "extended warranty" from WD

- From investigation, other members found that WD had bought the cracked rims from another 6speed member and "repaired" them and in turn sold them to Joe

- Thread is posted on Jalopnik, as well as other forums. Flamewar ensues

- Mods get involved and Eli from WD tries to give Don a 2/3 credit to which Don rightfully declines.

- Joe comes out and admits he didn't fully disclose the information, tells us he tried to contact WD originally as well but was given the run around and WD offered him an "extended warranty" which was transferred to Don. BTW, he admits he is culpable for having not disclosed the wheels were damaged and trying to recoup money from his loss by selling to Don

- Joe refuses to give Don his money back because he doesn't have the funds

- More flamewar

- Decision is made to ban WD as well as Joe, but Don is still left without refund and a broken set of rims

- *Wheel Dynamics* aka *Fast Forward* is likely to change their name so everyone be aware of the following address and telephone number. (thx to boochook)
Phone:
(626) 248-8881 or
(323) 262-7365
Address:
2580 Corporate Place Building F-108, Monterey Park, CA 91754

Last edited by dragonman4; 03-30-2011 at 06:49 PM.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:29 AM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^ nice summary. ...

all I'm saying is once it hit jalopnik it's serious, and soon to be viral...that's like going from the minors to the world series for a controversial issue such as this. Post Jalopnik events will have their significiant impact on businesses and people involved, as has been the case with other viral issues of a civil and serious mattter.

Old 04-14-2011, 03:11 PM
Tarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond repute
MrDeezy (the one who sold the damaged wheels to the OP) has no ethics or morals..he can apologize as much as he wants but he is 100% wrong & his behavior reflects his unethical personality. HE IS THE ONE THAT SHOULD BE DEALING WITH THIS ISSUE WITH WHEEL DYNAMICS not pass his problems onto someone else.

Wheel Dynamics:Should have never ever sold such wheels to begin with to anyone if they are a reputable company. i for one will definitely not be buying wheels from them after this thread.

Old 04-14-2011, 04:04 PM
feroz928 is infamous around these parts
I am absolutely shocked when I stumbled on to this thread. I have done business with Eli at WD and FFW for many years and never hesitated to recommend to anyone that needed tires or wheels. I can not believe that Eli would cheat anyone when on numerous occasions I've personally seen him make refunds on questionable deals in which he was not in any way responsible. It breaks my heart to see so many persons making remarks that I know are BS about a very reputable man and company. I wouldn't purchase wheels or tires from anyone else. Most of Eli's business is through word or mouth and some advertising on website like this one. Something is fishy and I'm sorry that I didn't stumble on to this thread sooner. This thread is more like a lynch mob then an honest and fair exchange of information.

I don't think that Eli / WD / FFW will change their name since those of us that know him and the persons that work for him have done nothing wrong and have nothing to be ashamed of.

Last edited by feroz928; 04-14-2011 at 04:07 PM.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:30 PM
Tech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond repute
Obviously WD has some happy customers or they wouldn't have a business.
Your loyalty is admirable.
The complexity of this case caused some bad decisions to be made and a real firestorm of negative publicity. Truly unfortunate for all concerned.
As a manufacturer, my concerns are basic. Were the repairs in question appropriate, properly accomplished, and properly disclosed? I think "no" in each case.
As an expert in forged wheels, I know that welding a forged, heat-treated wheel spoke is absolutely unthinkable. However well-intentioned the repair may have been, it is IMPOSSIBLE to accomplish. WD may have been unaware of this. It is not for me to say.
However, the fact that the improper repair was never disclosed leads one to believe that the deception may have been intended. Compound this with a refusal to make good on the repair and you have a recipe for a PR disaster.

Originally Posted by feroz928
I am absolutely shocked when I stumbled on to this thread. I have done business with Eli at WD and FFW for many years and never hesitated to recommend to anyone that needed tires or wheels. I can not believe that Eli would cheat anyone when on numerous occasions I've personally seen him make refunds on questionable deals in which he was not in any way responsible. It breaks my heart to see so many persons making remarks that I know are BS about a very reputable man and company. I wouldn't purchase wheels or tires from anyone else. Most of Eli's business is through word or mouth and some advertising on website like this one. Something is fishy and I'm sorry that I didn't stumble on to this thread sooner. This thread is more like a lynch mob then an honest and fair exchange of information.

I don't think that Eli / WD / FFW will change their name since those of us that know him and the persons that work for him have done nothing wrong and have nothing to be ashamed of.

Old 04-14-2011, 04:35 PM
thebananaman is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Tarek307
MrDeezy (the one who sold the damaged wheels to the OP) has no ethics or morals..he can apologize as much as he wants but he is 100% wrong & his behavior reflects his unethical personality. HE IS THE ONE THAT SHOULD BE DEALING WITH THIS ISSUE WITH WHEEL DYNAMICS not pass his problems onto someone else.

Wheel Dynamics:Should have never ever sold such wheels to begin with to anyone if they are a reputable company. i for one will definitely not be buying wheels from them after this thread.
I know it has been said already in this thread, but it is disappointing that someone would knowingly sell potentially dangerous wheels to someone for a high performance vehicle. This goes well beyond the economics but is a contemptible act. Then to say that you "cannot afford" to pay the money back and that the victim should now have to try and get the money from the person that ripped you off is ridiculous.

A 996 TT is, in my mind, the best bang for the buck that you can find in a sportscar. But do not buy one thinking that the cost of ownership or modifications are similar to that of a Mustang. If that were the case there would be 20 Porsches in the parking lot of my daughter's high school.

MrDeezy, If you cannot currently afford to pay to your debts then; 1. Be a man, 2. Sell your 996, 3. Pay your debts, 4. Buy a Mustang with the change, 5. Hold your head up high.

Sorry for the rant ( and nothing against Mustangs or Mustang owners)

Old 04-14-2011, 05:54 PM
Tarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by thebananaman
MrDeezy, If you cannot currently afford to pay to your debts then; 1. Be a man, 2. Sell your 996, 3. Pay your debts, 4. Buy a Mustang with the change, 5. Hold your head up high.

Sorry for the rant ( and nothing against Mustangs or Mustang owners)
Perfect words! the OP should actually tell everyone MrDeezys Real Name & info and expose this immoral unethical lowlife no matter what...How do ppl like that sleep at night? IF he has kids or a family how does he look in their face? i never understood unethical people like that

Old 04-14-2011, 06:24 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
the comments regarding MrDeezy are correct but please keep in mind that a previously reputable business repaired those centers and sold those wheels to MrDeezy to begin with and then wouldn't stand behind the repair when it soon failed and instead repaired them a second time so MrDeezy could dump them on someone else...there is plenty of blame to go around...anyone that publishes another member's private information is going to deal with me and likely that members attorney

Old 04-16-2011, 02:10 AM
Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck
the comments regarding MrDeezy are correct but please keep in mind that a previously reputable business repaired those centers and sold those wheels to MrDeezy to begin with and then wouldn't stand behind the repair when it soon failed and instead repaired them a second time so MrDeezy could dump them on someone else...there is plenty of blame to go around...anyone that publishes another member's private information is going to deal with me and likely that members attorney
Doesn't matter how MrDeezNuts or MrDeezy whatever his name is got the wheels or who scammed him or whatever..what matters is HIS own behavior & what he did... ETHICS = ZIP ZERO!

Old 04-16-2011, 02:22 AM
Originally Posted by mrdeezy
It is not that a feel as I am not culpable. I was told by a professional that the wheel was fixable. I made sure it had a warranty. The question would be really how much I actually believed of this. Don knew that wheels were coming directly from WD. There are a few grey areas in these facts, of who knew what.
The thing is if i had profited of the sale to Don,or even broke even it would make things different.I had to sell at over a 30% loss.As a consumer i cannot afford to lose anymore.
I also feel as a licensed shop and forum sponsor.The actual shop has to be held to higher standard than regular people like me.I have no expertise in wheels.With my begging and pleading in emails and over the phone didn't get me anywhere with WD.I even offer to accept 2000 just so he will take them back(due to his negligence) It was just an impossible situation to be in. A definite learning experience.
I was told i had a working warranted set of wheels.
My only other option would to throw them in a dumpster.
Which I should have done.
"EXCUSES ARE THE BUILDING BLOCKS TO THE MONUMENTS OF NOTHINGNESS, THOSE WHO SPECIALIZE IN THEM SELDOM AMOUNT TO ANYTHING"

You need to be a MAN & have some kind of MORALS OR ETHICS and just SUCK IT UP- Enough about your Story with WD, thats NOT the OP's Problem, THATS YOUR PROBLEM that you KNOWINGLY passes onto someone else! ppl like you make me SICK.....Everytime u get in that Porsche of yours remember one thing, YOU HAVE NO ETHICS or INTEGRITY!

Old 04-16-2011, 11:35 AM
BRealistic is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Tarek307
"EXCUSES ARE THE BUILDING BLOCKS TO THE MONUMENTS OF NOTHINGNESS, THOSE WHO SPECIALIZE IN THEM SELDOM AMOUNT TO ANYTHING"

You need to be a MAN & have some kind of MORALS OR ETHICS and just SUCK IT UP- Enough about your Story with WD, thats NOT the OP's Problem, THATS YOUR PROBLEM that you KNOWINGLY passes onto someone else! ppl like you make me SICK.....Everytime u get in that Porsche of yours remember one thing, YOU HAVE NO ETHICS or INTEGRITY!
You guys do realize that mrdeezy was banned and can't reply?

I wonder how many people here have knowingly traded in vehicles with hidden issues to a dealer, knowing full well that dealer will just turn around and sell it as is to another private individual without discovering said issue.
It's easy to claim moral high ground and point at others, but in reality this topic is full of gray areas, and right and wrong seem to be more a matter of perspective than fact.

If mrdeezy was intentionally trying to deceive, as has been suggested, then he could have created a new account with bogus info to try and sell said wheel off so if the buyer cried fowl he could just disappear.
But he did not do that.
He was reselling wheels that a respected forum vendor was backing for structural defects.
And unless somebody has knowledge on the subject of forged wheel repair, why would they question a business that specializes in the subject?
Hindsight truly is 20/20.

Last edited by BRealistic; 04-16-2011 at 11:40 AM.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:28 PM
Aerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by BRealistic
You guys do realize that mrdeezy was banned and can't reply?

I wonder how many people here have knowingly traded in vehicles with hidden issues to a dealer, knowing full well that dealer will just turn around and sell it as is to another private individual without discovering said issue.
It's easy to claim moral high ground and point at others, but in reality this topic is full of gray areas, and right and wrong seem to be more a matter of perspective than fact.

If mrdeezy was intentionally trying to deceive, as has been suggested, then he could have created a new account with bogus info to try and sell said wheel off so if the buyer cried fowl he could just disappear.
But he did not do that. He was reselling wheels that a respected forum vendor was backing for structural defects. And unless somebody has knowledge on the subject of forged wheel repair, why would they question a business that specializes in the subject?
Hindsight truly is 20/20.
If I recall the whole story -- the line was crossed when the seller and/or vendor was specifically asked whether the wheels had been repaired or previously damaged. Not disclosing every possible defect, or every detail of the history, is different than giving a false answer to a direct question.

Last edited by Aerodude; 04-16-2011 at 08:15 PM.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:46 PM
BRealistic is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Aerodude
If I recall the whole story -- the line was crossed when the seller and/or vendor was specifically asked whether the wheels had been repaired or previously damaged. Not disclosing every possible defect, or every detail of the history, is different than giving a false answer to a direct question.
IIRC- the buyer asked Eli (Wheel Dynamics) if the wheels had been welded when he realized two wheels were being shipped from Wheel Dynamics.
Eli said no.
The seller did not disclose the fact that the wheels had been welded, but I don't remember the seller being asked if they were welded before the sale.
Not volunteering all the facts is not the same as lying.
And I am not defending mr deezy's actions, I just think hindsight is 20/20.
I am sure we are all guilty of not disclosing everything on everything we sell/trade.
If mr deezy welded the wheels himself, or paid to have them welded up, or even bought them cheap them knowing they were welded to resell and make money... that would be different imo.

But whatever. This thread topic is over since two of the three people involved are now banned.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Kinesis F110 wheels cracked! A must see!