996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Kinesis F110 wheels cracked! A must see!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 03:58 PM
Administrator
IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !
Can you give me the link to this...thanks
Originally Posted by Prche951
does this count as being relevant to this thread:

just a quick little search.....

Old 03-23-2011, 04:01 PM
mpegripper is a jewel in the roughmpegripper is a jewel in the roughmpegripper is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by IB Tim
I have been here for awhile and witnessed more weird stuff happen with wheels then any where else in my life...and I am damn near 60.
wheel companies seem to come and go by the day

Old 03-23-2011, 04:05 PM
eglivincent is infamous around these parts
u got pm, don.

Old 03-23-2011, 04:07 PM
Administrator
IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !
That is what amazes me, I wonder how really difficult it is to become a wheel dealer, I wonder if the good wheel manufactures protect their dealers,
I am sure they say yes...but....

...and how do I know as a consumer if the guy is a legit dealer with a great reputation, but deiced times are a bit tight and he starts buying knockoffs....and the good manufacture knows nothing ...tough for anyone to know !
Originally Posted by mpegripper
wheel companies seem to come and go by the day

Old 03-23-2011, 04:25 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by porka
You might ask why should IB be responsible, well I feel that they should have a responsibility to vette potential vendors before allowing them to operate on the board.
Mike

Mike, please do a search before you post an irresponsible statement like that...if you search Wheel Dynamics you will find the first 10 pages (500 posts) are all positive...even Joe the seller to Don made a positive post in November of 2010 about Eli and WD when he bought the wheels, which he has since edited all of his comments from

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-dynamics.html

Old 03-23-2011, 04:47 PM
Basic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant future
I am interested if anyone know how the wheels got cracked in the first place? I own the same wheels and will use them at the race track very hard.

Old 03-23-2011, 04:48 PM
mpegripper is a jewel in the roughmpegripper is a jewel in the roughmpegripper is a jewel in the rough
in my experience race tracks have been much much kinder to wheels than public roads

Old 03-23-2011, 04:56 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
the original owner Kato made this post in March of last year:

"I have both rear wheels as well that can go with the fronts. However, one has two sheared spokes (torque I'm told) and the other "looks" perfect but we think it has a hairline fracture in one of the spokes. Somebody can have them all for a very fair price. One rear should NOT be repaired. I don't know about other but I'm selling as-is. Talk to me if you want them and we can work something fair out. I have new wheels already and just want to move these for a fair price."

Old 03-23-2011, 05:02 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
if a man or woman can't vet a cheating spouse after more than 10 years of marriage, what makes anyone think that vetting is foolproof. This happens all the time. The vetting process never ends. you can no more blame IB for this than blame every consumer on here. How many have had a bad experience and never commented on it? are they to blame for the next person that gets screwed?

Everyone has been screwed over at one time or another. What makes this more deplorable is that it can endanger occupants and bystanders alike. Remember when firestone was sued for it's truck tires dismantling causing accidents? More recently, Toyota and it's carpet/throttle issue. This is a much smaller scale but no less important.

to add to this, most consumers are not professionals in wheel construction or metallurgy, so they will not understand that welding aluminum will completely ruin the HT protocol that it originally had. Not to mention that a crack in any metal, and especially aluminum is a stress riser and no amount of weld bead will change that.

Old 03-23-2011, 05:13 PM
Banned
mrdeezy is just really nicemrdeezy is just really nicemrdeezy is just really nicemrdeezy is just really nicemrdeezy is just really nice
Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck
Originally Posted by porka
You might ask why should IB be responsible, well I feel that they should have a responsibility to vette potential vendors before allowing them to operate on the board.
Mike

Mike, please do a search before you post an irresponsible statement like that...if you search Wheel Dynamics you will find the first 10 pages (500 posts) are all positive...even Joe the seller to Don made a positive post in November of 2010 about Eli and WD when he bought the wheels, which he has since edited all of his comments from

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-dynamics.html
I made this post immediately after my purchase. I was very happy with the car after I put the wheels on.I didnt need spacers and everything was great.I had my car lowered at the same time wheels were installed.I waited a week to have the car aligned and the alignment tech wrote a comment"damaged rear wheel"on the invoice.
I thought they were just trying to cover themselves,because the wheels look expensive(maybe i scratched them).When i actually saw the spokes broken I called Eli right away. After about 4 weeks I was so frustrated I deleted the post because.I was disgusted with the rude phone calls(when they were actually answered) and the procrastination on the shops part.I could not leave anything positive like that up after that nightmare i was going through.Having my Porsche on blocks for 6 weeks was just pathetic.

I know my posts are probably making me look very bad but I want to tell my part of the story even if it makes me look bad,so that Don can get a full credit for the price i paid for the wheels.To cover his towing fees etc.
I know some people think i should pay part of a resolution.That is not possible for me at this time. I would be getting ripped of by Wheel Dynamics again.I cannot have that happen.I would have lost 2k on this and WD would have still made profit from this whole thing.besides their 600% markup on the damaged set in the beginning.

Hope it all works out before reputations are damaged further.

Old 03-23-2011, 05:23 PM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Kinesis was an independent wheel manufacturer in Carlsbad CA. They used to make very good wheels. I had a set on my 993 and they were bullet proof after 40K of spirited use. As many small wheel manufacturers do they subcontracted out the centers and purchased the inners and outers from other suppliers, then did the assembly in house. They changed suppliers for the centers and got a bad batch which basically put them out of business and sold the name/designs etc to another company. Depending on when your wheels were manufactured, they could have come from this defective batch. (Even companies that do all R&D and manufacturing in house have run into problems when pushing the envelope of minimum weight or exotic alloys.) While you can weld or straighten wheels, the results are questionable as you can see from this thread. Three piece wheels look great but they are not a strong as a forged one piece wheel.

Old 03-23-2011, 05:38 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Wheel Dynamics really needs to answer some questions. Starting with my question about editing their post to remove what appears to be damaging material. If there is a reasonable explanation than we are ready to listen.

If Wheel Dynamics made a mistake, the best thing they can do is make it right. If Wheel Dynamics believe they are unjustly being accused, please provide information backing up their position. I have seen things like this almost bring down or bring down other companies. A bad reputation just doesn't make for a continuing and profitable company.

Last edited by cjv; 03-23-2011 at 06:14 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 05:57 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Makes no sense? While it's no secret that companies are out to make money and need to, to sustain and survive, but to risk a bad reputation or worse yet, failure, for a couple thousand dollars...?

Old 03-23-2011, 06:17 PM
Mike J is infamous around these parts
I wonder what this list discussion would have been if the car was on the highway, the wheel failed, the car rolled and killed both the drive and his daughter? That is how serious this is..its not really about the money, or making the transaction right...it's that the safety of the wheel was compromised, and luckily, just luckily, it did not fail where someone got hurt.

So, whomever was aware of the repairs and sold the wheels was taking a calculated risk with someone else's life. Some safety checks appear to be skipped or non existent. And that is what everyone should be mad about, because if it was me, i would be furious.

Cheers,

Mike

Old 03-23-2011, 06:23 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mike J
I wonder what this list discussion would have been if the car was on the highway, the wheel failed, the car rolled and killed both the drive and his daughter? That is how serious this is..its not really about the money, or making the transaction right...it's that the safety of the wheel was compromised, and luckily, just luckily, it did not fail where someone got hurt.

So, whomever was aware of the repairs and sold the wheels was taking a calculated risk with someone else's life. Some safety checks appear to be skipped or non existent. And that is what everyone should be mad about, because if it was me, i would be furious.

Cheers,

Mike
What you said above (that has been highlighted) is very important.

Last edited by cjv; 03-23-2011 at 06:26 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Kinesis F110 wheels cracked! A must see!