996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

NEED Frame Specs asap

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 07:28 PM
hasauto is infamous around these parts
NEED Frame Specs asap

I am building a salvage 911 TT that was smacked at the track in the front and back right!
My guy at the body shop is not able to find any of the specs on this chassis. And porsche wont release any info!
Does anyone know all the specs with the X dimensions under the car?

thanks a million!
Tyler

Old 03-22-2011, 02:50 AM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
Is it what you are looking for ? Page 195 of the repair manual. And for the manual simply look at $manager post here: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...p-manuals.html

Last edited by jpflip; 03-22-2011 at 02:54 AM.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:10 PM
Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by hasauto
I am building a salvage 911 TT that was smacked at the track in the front and back right!
My guy at the body shop is not able to find any of the specs on this chassis. And porsche wont release any info!
Does anyone know all the specs with the X dimensions under the car?

thanks a million!
Tyler
I believe you'll find the info you need at the Celette Bench company web site.

Celette is the alignment bench used at the factory to align/assemble these cars to ensure the body/chassis/tub diminensions are within factory tolerances (which are quite tight).

When a car is repaired and the body/chassis/tub is suspect of being 'bent' the car is stripped of its running gear and put on the Celette bench. The necessary jigs/fixtures are rented from Celette. This is to everyone's advantage cause it is Celette that alone is responsible for ensuring all the jigs/fixtures are kept in good repair.

All the body/chassis/tub hardpoints are checked for proper location and if any are found out the bench or the floor where the bench is mounted is used to anchor pullers that are used to pull the various body/chassis/tub hardpoints into proper location.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Sincerely,

Macster.

Old 03-22-2011, 07:11 PM
hasauto is infamous around these parts
Thanks a lot JPflip,,, frame work went great and everything is straight!!!!

Now time to put back mechanics, then paint.... just in time for spring!!

Old 03-22-2011, 08:49 PM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
Pics!

Old 03-23-2011, 02:22 AM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
Where are you in Montreal?

Old 12-04-2020, 11:14 PM
Moe Marmash is infamous around these parts
Smile

Hey Guys
I have a similar issue, my 2002 996 Turbo got in a little accident while my brother borrowed it for an afternoon ride, front passenger side hit. It seemed like the fender got hit in abit as well as the rim and control arm. All changed to new, now the car sits a little higher on the right. should I be suspecting chassis damage? is there a way I can check myself before taking it to a shop?