996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

My tiptronic rebuild by IPT, high speed internet required!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 11:21 PM
machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by f1crazydriver
If anyone is looking to rebuilt their tip, PM me. A good friend of mine has rebuilt several for e55s/s55 amgs, and I believe a handful of 996t tips. They are essentially the same tranny. My friend use to be a mbtech, he now works at a shop but does side work. He is a good friend and knows his amgs inside out (shared transmission)
Does he just do a regular rebuild or is he upgrading them to handle more power?

Old 04-29-2013, 11:28 PM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by machinegunt
Does he just do a regular rebuild or is he upgrading them to handle more power?
He had a e55 and I know he upgraded some internal clutches to let's say mb highes hp car and most expensive in the last decade ...I rather not give away his "secrets"

Old 04-30-2013, 07:31 AM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
Hey Enrique, you told me that awhile back but I had been keeping that in my mind... just in case I need a tranny rebuilt.

He had a e55 and I know he upgraded some internal clutches to let's say mb highes hp car and most expensive in the last decade ...I rather not give away his "secrets"

Old 04-30-2013, 09:00 AM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MY996TT
Hey Enrique, you told me that awhile back but I had been keeping that in my mind... just in case I need a tranny rebuilt.
Ha you remember Eugene. He had the transmission taken off, rebuilt, and back on the car in two days. Granted he worked at a mb dealer at that time so he had access to the parts and worked on it after hours. With those clutch packages he installed it was a much firmer shift. I think parts alone *i think*! It was less than 1000 but back them be got them at cost.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:17 AM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
And I'm sure I'll get a "Friend's" price, right? The car is running fine and I'm not quite ready yet; I'll contact you when it is time.

Ha you remember Eugene. He had the transmission taken off, rebuilt, and back on the car in two days. Granted he worked at a mb dealer at that time so he had access to the parts and worked on it after hours. With those clutch packages he installed it was a much firmer shift. I think parts alone *i think*! It was less than 1000 but back them be got them at cost.

Old 04-30-2013, 11:39 AM
Originally Posted by MY996TT
And I'm sure I'll get a "Friend's" price, right? The car is running fine and I'm not quite ready yet; I'll contact you when it is time.

I wish I knew how I could take screen shots of his text and put it here ... in short he said this

"make sure u get a w240 maybach tq converter, they come on most 55's but often get exchanged to regular ones ( appear the same) ... all factory clutches / tq from maybach as it handles a lot more abuse, but still comfortable compared to a high stall ones... the slr uses more clutches... if you need your tranny rebuilt Peter Schmidt can rebuilt you one to your needs and it comes with warranty, and they can provide more info on the slr parts... i believe the clutch basket can be changed to that of the slr which has more clutch packets to handle the extra hp /tq. "

Old 04-30-2013, 11:46 AM
Please email me with the whole thing when you get home. Sometimes I really wish my tranny would go out so I have an excuse to upgrade, but then I will be thinking about bigger turbos and more hp if I do that.

I wish I knew how I could take screen shots of his text and put it here ... in short he said this

"make sure u get a w240 maybach tq converter, they come on most 55's but often get exchanged to regular ones ( appear the same) ... all factory clutches / tq from maybach as it handles a lot more abuse, but still comfortable compared to a high stall ones... the slr uses more clutches... if you need your tranny rebuilt Peter Schmidt can rebuilt you one to your needs and it comes with warranty, and they can provide more info on the slr parts... i believe the clutch basket can be changed to that of the slr which has more clutch packets to handle the extra hp /tq. "

Old 04-30-2013, 05:29 PM
machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !

If you have an iPhone you can take screen shots by pressing the top button and the home button at the same time vey quickly! 😀

Old 05-01-2013, 06:11 PM
pat
pat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond repute
I bought the rebuild kit . I will put that in this summer

http://www.importperformancetrans.co...ts-2685-1.html

Old 05-01-2013, 06:30 PM
911turborookie is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by pat

Rebuild handle more hp? Or same as stock?

Old 05-01-2013, 06:38 PM
911turborookie is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by pat

Rebuild handle more hp?

Old 05-01-2013, 08:39 PM
pat
pat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond repute
More likely a little better. Typically 12 years latter now , the friction materials are improved from the original.

Old 05-02-2013, 07:42 AM
pumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond repute
Are you gonna do the rebuild yourself? I am contemplating it. BUT....iv been thinking about using the 2WD tiptronic out of C2. It's the same internals for sure in the forward part (rear wheels) of the tranny. You lose some of the bulk of the 4WD tiptronic and if you scrap the 4WD tranny and the driveline you lose over 100lbs. I don't know how well it lines up but from photo comparison it looks to be the same. Not sure of computer compatibility tho. Just brainstorming at this point.

Originally Posted by pat

Old 05-02-2013, 08:19 AM
Fasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant futureFasoole has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by pat

Some body need to tell us about this kit, that's reasonable price

Old 05-02-2013, 09:54 AM
pumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond repute
It's not a secret. It's been there over a year to my knowledge. Just not many people willing to take on the rebuild as DIY.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My tiptronic rebuild by IPT, high speed internet required!