996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

My tiptronic rebuild by IPT, high speed internet required!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 10:41 AM
pumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond repute
Just talked to the guy at souther hot rod. They come up on nearly any search you do for 722.6
NAG1 transmission rebuilds. They do a **** ton of them for Chrysler, Dodge, jeep, etc and in a lot of high power drag applications. He said although they havnt done specifically a porsche its not a problem at all. They located just outside New Orleans and this build cost $3995 for their 1000hp "Viking build". Removal and installation would be extra. They machine the clutch drums and add more clutches in addition to adding stronger ones. Valve body work is included as well. We did not talk about TC tho. Said would take 3-4 days. So in addition to Freddie's transmissions in Dallas here is another lower cost option.

http://southernhotrod.com/products.html

Old 05-02-2013, 10:58 AM
pat
pat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond repute
That's not a bad price.... I had the valve body rebuilt and added the blue tot pressure valves. Then the main seal blue. I am going to start taking it out soon. If you has a c2 trans the computer will not like it because of the different ratios.

Old 05-02-2013, 11:18 AM
machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pumptech
Just talked to the guy at souther hot rod. They come up on nearly any search you do for 722.6
NAG1 transmission rebuilds. They do a **** ton of them for Chrysler, Dodge, jeep, etc and in a lot of high power drag applications. He said although they havnt done specifically a porsche its not a problem at all. They located just outside New Orleans and this build cost $3995 for their 1000hp "Viking build". Removal and installation would be extra. They machine the clutch drums and add more clutches in addition to adding stronger ones. Valve body work is included as well. We did not talk about TC tho. Said would take 3-4 days. So in addition to Freddie's transmissions in Dallas here is another lower cost option.

http://southernhotrod.com/products.html
I might have to give this a try!! That seems very reasonable! What do they do differently then IPT?

Last edited by machinegunt; 05-02-2013 at 01:44 PM.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:20 PM
pumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond reputepumptech has a reputation beyond repute
It sounds pretty similar to IPT as the do machine the clutch drums for more clutches, VB work, new seals, ultrasonic cleaning, etc. he said he would have to see it to see what all could be done in addition to typical upgrades.

Freddie's in Dallas did valley996tt car about a year ago and he's running 18g with no problems. They however did not add extra clutches but did replace with stronger ones. It's fully documented with photos somewhere on here.his build cost just under $6000 after new TC, removal/install, and the build. I expect this what SHR would come to after all is said and done. I'm actually going to New Orleans in June for a week so the wheels are turning!

Old 05-02-2013, 01:51 PM
machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !
I think that when I have my coolant pipes welded I will give them a shot on my tranny! I'm also in NO a few times a year! I'm gonna check it out next time I'm there! I don't need 1000 HP but 7 or 8 hundred would keep me happy for a bit!