996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

TX2K11 Recap - From the Organizer

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 03-22-2011, 03:02 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
TX2K11 Recap - From the Organizer

I wanted to take a few minutes to write a post and address discuss TX2K11 with you all. Bear with me as I have many thoughts that I would like to put down and convey to all of you.

First and foremost......my family puts up with a lot of "time away from Dad/Husband" during the organization/planning/meeting phase of the TX2K event (this starts in December of the year previous the event). As the event draws closer, the time dedicated to making the event go off without a hitch increases exponentially. Without the support of my wife Brenda this event would NOT be possible. Please take a moment to thank her when you see her at TX2K12! Next, I want to thank my volunteers as I canNOT run this thing by myself, the volunteers are HUGE in making sure this event goes off without a hitch. Thanks to Anna, Paul, Darrin, Brian, Tim, Melissa and whomever else I'm forgetting!

Last but NOT least, I want to recognize each and every sponsor that supported our event this year:

Primary Sponsor - MVP Motorsports

Corporate Sponsors

MVP GTR, Racing Solutions, Supraforums.com, Maxboost Apparel, Truestreetcars.com, Titan Motorsports, BoostLogic, Champion Toyota, Big Daddy Performance Center FL, Switzer Performance Innovation, Hennessey Performance Engineering, Powerhouse Racing, Frank-N-Steins, AEM, Elite Motorsports, On the Wood Racing, Underground Racing, HRE Wheels, Greddy, AMS, Forged Performance, Jotech Motorsports, Lonestar Motorsports Park, Advanced Racing Dynamics, SIP Racing, Elmhurst Toyota, Majestic Motorsports, Jay Racing, Don McGill Scion/Toyota, COBB Tuning, T1 Race Development, Dynosaur, SSP Performance, Boulder Nissan, Driver Source, Houstonperformancedriving.com, Boost Lab, Induction Performance, Golden Billing & Benefits, Visual Velocity Studios, M&S Performance, Stacy Barnett, Jonathan Dawes, Wallace Spearmon, Jr, Bob Helms and Thomas Bradley.

From an organizers standpoint, my priorities are clear. Make sure the official TX2K events go smoothly. To that end, here are my thoughts on each day...

1. The Drivers Education event went smoothly, even though we had a very unfortunate accident at the end of the day, no one was hurt and everyone was able to return to their family safely and that's the most important thing in the world. The event itself was smooth and run well.

2. I was very pleased with the dyno day. We dyno'ed 66 cars (one was left off the list accidentally) and worked very hard that day to make sure we did a safe and well organized job of dyno'ing each and every car. Without the help of Tim, Anna and Paul, I would have been lost on Friday. They were instrumental in making sure we did things safely and efficiently. At the end of the day, to dyno 66 cars is no small feat and I'm proud to say we did it. We had 300 MORE people at the dyno day this year than we had last year. Just shy of 1,200.......

3. The Night Meet was overwhelming. I don't think anyone would have guessed how busy it was going to be and I was shocked when I pulled into the parking lot. All in all, GREAT talent in the bikini contest and another smooth event.

4. The Saturday test-n-tune event was smooth. We had close to 1,300 people come through the gates and I couldn't have been more pleased with how that day went down. Thanks to Tim, Brian, Darrin and the Lonestar crew, it was a near flawless day at the track. Not to mention MUCH MORE busy than last year (last year we only had about 1,000 people come through the gates on the drag day - but keep in mind the Saturday event was rained out).

5. The Sunday eliminations event didn't go as well as I had hoped. This is 100% my fault as I pushed the schedule back 3 hours to accomodate the racers. I was NOT expecting so many people to show up so late. Had we stuck to the schedule, we would have had classes with 1/2 the cars that we had in each class. I need to find a solution for next years Sunday event as I don't want to delay all the attendee's as much as I did this year. I'm sorry for that... I'm also sorry that the day ended with a wreck but again, I'm glad that both VJ and Gary were ok. Lastly, about 750 people came through the gates on Sunday, this number was on par with 2010.

Old 03-22-2011, 03:03 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
OK, now onto the "not so fun" stuff.

1. I have heard some comments that the cars were not being strapped in a safe manner on Friday at the dyno. Let me go on record by saying that not once did I feel like we were compromising safety on the dyno. Not once did anyone tell me that they felt like we needed to do things differently/better/safer. I have picked up an "Official TX2K12 Strapper" who will be in charge of strapping 60+ cars in 2012 at the event that feels like he can do it better/quicker/safer than we did it this year.

2. I need to go on record and say that the unofficial events (parking lot, streets, etc...) are just that....unofficial and NOT part of the TX2K event. I cannot and will not be responsible for anything that happens at an unofficial event. Heck, i'm not even responsible for someone acting foolish at an official event!!!!!

3. Sunday schedule was my fault...I pushed back the event 3 hours and delayed the eliminations. I take 100% blame for that as it was a judgement call. Had we kept the schedule as is, we would have had 17 cars in the classes racing as opposed to 78 cars. I apologize for delaying those of you who stayed to the end but I felt it was a decision I had to make.

4. Omni hotel........let's just say that this is going to be an ongoing issue for me that will continue long after you all forget about TX2K11 and start thinking about TX2K12. From the draining of the pool (b/c of broken glass and other things) to the parking lot tire marks, let's just say they are not happy. There will be changes next year that will include parking lot access to hotel guests only, HPD officers on site, and a few other changes that will help keep the drama down. This is all assuming they take us back.

5. I have seen the police report from HPD and those that were arrested on Sat night and those that were documented as causing trouble were NOT hotel guests. The Omni knows this and I wanted to pass it on to all of you as well.Let me leave this post by saying that I appreciate that each of your takes time from family and spends money to come to our event. I hope you all come back for TX2K12. I will continue to put my heart and soul into this event for as long as I can and hope you support me by coming and participating in the events. Thanks to you all and see you next year...

Peter

Old 03-22-2011, 03:14 PM
randomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to behold
I've never made it to a TX2K but I have every intention of starting next year! Judging from the endless photos and youtube vids I can see this event would be a blast! Keep up the good work and I'll see you next year!

Old 03-22-2011, 05:16 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Peter, great event as usual bro. And Brenda, you are one of a kind to support your hubby like you do.

Thanks to both of you. I hope to participate again next year.

Old 03-22-2011, 05:54 PM
TweakitTT is a splendid one to beholdTweakitTT is a splendid one to beholdTweakitTT is a splendid one to beholdTweakitTT is a splendid one to beholdTweakitTT is a splendid one to beholdTweakitTT is a splendid one to beholdTweakitTT is a splendid one to behold
Great event. Thank you for all your hard work. This was my first time to a TX2k and had a great time.

Old 03-22-2011, 09:23 PM
greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !
thanks for a great event. had a blast for the 3rd year in a row. see ya 2k12

Old 03-22-2011, 09:35 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Thanks for having another awesome event! Sorry I used some of the little ones sun screen! I blame Tim because he said it was in the room and it was the spray on kind! LOL!

I can't wait for next years!

Old 03-23-2011, 10:06 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Where can I find all the results?

Old 03-23-2011, 03:31 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Peter as always another awesome event. Personal commitments limited my attendance this year but it was fun watching the after hours action on Thursday. Always amazes me how you manage to keep the lid on during what always seems to be a testing few days. Looking forward to next year and everything in between.

Old 03-23-2011, 03:48 PM
seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !
Old 03-23-2011, 04:01 PM
Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !
Reminds me of mall parking lots in NJ during Christmas shopping, wow people have issues.

Old 03-26-2011, 11:43 AM
greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !
haha was this at the omni? how the hell did i miss this

Old 03-26-2011, 02:30 PM
Saint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud of
So the dude that swung at the guy in the car works for "T" Motorsports?

Old 03-26-2011, 03:49 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Peter,

I am sorry I could not make it (although glad I avoided the above fracas).

I still enjoy my cars but my latest obsession has been Home Theater and between doing taxes and finishing my HT I was too busy to make it.

I will try to make it next year as I have still not dynoed above 599

Old 03-26-2011, 06:38 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Peter -

I really want to thank both you and Brenda for treating me like family and I truly appreciate it. I feel bad that I had to leave early this year due to a last minute conflict.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I have traveled to this event for the last four years - roughly 1200 miles each way. It is the ONLY event I am willing to make that kind of a commitment from both a time and financial standpoint.

Eric

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: TX2K11 Recap - From the Organizer