996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Would you like to be a part of shaping 6speed?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 01:36 PM
The racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond reputeThe racerx has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bbywu
The only occasions where I found an edit or deletion to be problematic has been in the marketplace, after a sale has been completed, and there has been a dispute. I have found edits or deletions tend not to be a significant issue in the general forums.
We lost a whole thread in American Muscle a week or so ago that most involved were enjoying.

Just a thought -- Mods can not mod threads they post in and any time you argue in a thread do so w/o the mod hat. And mods should not be a clique, surest way to kill a forum. Too many mods spoil the broth.

Try that in real life sitting around a table at a restaurant after a nice group drive, "I don't like what you are saying, Fred I am the group-drive mod and I am going to reverse time to when I was happy" Yeah that would go over well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32C0eKRQVt8

Old 03-27-2011, 01:58 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
I'd like to see what this car looked like... https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...nsion-etc.html

Not because the OP did anything wrong, but because selling products sets a "bar" or "waterline" as to what products are worth....

Old 03-27-2011, 06:38 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by The racerx
We lost a whole thread in American Muscle a week or so ago that most involved were enjoying.

Just a thought -- Mods can not mod threads they post in and any time you argue in a thread do so w/o the mod hat. And mods should not be a clique, surest way to kill a forum. Too many mods spoil the broth.

Try that in real life sitting around a table at a restaurant after a nice group drive, "I don't like what you are saying, Fred I am the group-drive mod and I am going to reverse time to when I was happy" Yeah that would go over well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32C0eKRQVt8

racerx,

I actually like your idea. Anyone else?

Last edited by cjv; 03-27-2011 at 06:42 PM.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:16 AM
flatcrank is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by cjv
Over the years 6speed has grown and with this growth we have experienced growing pains. Sometimes we have made good decisions and sometimes the decisions have not been as good as we had hoped for.

Recently, we have experienced an issue where a member went back to a post after several months and changed and/or deleted the posts information.

We are now looking at changing the rules or proceedures where after a certain amount of time the poster will no longer have the ability to change their posts.

We recognize that posters, especially in the early stages of a post, need to have the ability to make changes and/or corrections.

We would like our members input as to how long of a time period we should allow before changes to posts can no longer be made.

In addition, if members have suggestions regarding changes or modifications to existing rules we would like to hear these suggestions.

Thanks for you help.
Isn't that how 6speedonline started? Someone lost their temper at another Porsche forum site and deleted all their (thousands of) posts?

Old 04-04-2011, 05:00 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !

Agree 100%

Originally Posted by cjv

racerx,

I actually like your idea. Anyone else?
Count me in.

Old 04-04-2011, 09:41 PM
McSworley is infamous around these parts
You should allow a regular 6SpeedOnline user to scroll thru NEW POST for ONLY his model car.

I would like to see ONLY the new post by 996 TT owners, but to see the newest most recent posts, I have to scroll through all Porsche makes and models; ie., 997 TT, 997, 996TT, 996, 911, 944, etc)

Old 04-04-2011, 10:49 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by McSworley
You should allow a regular 6SpeedOnline user to scroll thru NEW POST for ONLY his model car.

I would like to see ONLY the new post by 996 TT owners, but to see the newest most recent posts, I have to scroll through all Porsche makes and models; ie., 997 TT, 997, 996TT, 996, 911, 944, etc)
not necessary, all you have to do...from the main page go to the 996tt section and open it....the most recent posts will be at the top just under the stickies

Old 04-05-2011, 10:16 AM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
While this idea might sound good on paper, I don't see how this will be of any benefit when it is reduced to practice. When's the last time you've seen Mods duke it out on a thread? Of course they are a clique otherwise things would get out of control. They are all supportive of a common cause.

Old 04-05-2011, 11:28 AM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TTdude
They are all supportive of a common cause.
that is correct...we are all united in making this the best car forum around...however, we have some very divergent opinions on how to get there, which I think is healthy...we haven't chosen our mods to form a clique...we have chosen them for their knowledge and the respect they have for and the respect they receive from their fellow members...the idea that a mod should not moderate a thread they have posted in does not make sense to me. While I would agree that a mod shouldn't jump in where not needed or to try and shape opinions I don't believe we have any mods that do that....if there is a problem in a thread (being taken off topic or getting personal) they are here to moderate, whether they have participated in the thread or not....We have just had a discussion about how little we all post since becoming mods compared to before...if you see an instance where you think this is an issue please report it and we will address it...keep the suggestions coming...this is good stuff