996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

The MaxJax has landed!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 03:10 PM
adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !
I absolutely love it. I use it quite often too. I did upgrade to a better garage thou

Attached Images  
Old 09-23-2012, 06:35 PM
casper is just really nicecasper is just really nicecasper is just really nicecasper is just really nicecasper is just really nice
Originally Posted by jpflip
Agree about the safety! It does have two positions. One full up that gives you 45 inches under the car to work on. And the other position is about 30 inches from the ground. In that position you got the wheels in front of you to do the brake job per example.
I always leave a bit of hydraulic pressure when I rest the car on the pins.

Talking about safety, the proper installation of the posts is something you have to be careful with. You need a good cement floor about 4 inches thick with 4500 psi strength of concrete. Of course I over done it with two pits, where the post will be installed, over 16 inches deep and reinforce with metal bars and the cement used was 5000 psi in strength.

It took me over a month before I was comfortable to work under the car!
Wow, talk about reinforcing that pad area. Now that I saw your rebar set up, I maybe showing that to my contractor Can you tell me what the width between your posts were?

Old 09-23-2012, 06:55 PM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by casper
Wow, talk about reinforcing that pad area. Now that I saw your rebar set up, I maybe showing that to my contractor Can you tell me what the width between your posts were?
I just went in the garage and took the measurement. It is exactly 9 feet! (between both faces) That was not an easy task to found out the proper positionning of the posts. Because my garage is small I wanted to be able to circulate in front and on the back of the car when it is in the air without having to crawl under the car every time...So I needed enough space between the wall and the posts. I had to drive my BMW, my wife Toyota and the Porsche inside out until I was able to found the proper positioning of the posts. 9 feet is really the best for me but I cannot gain too much weight because there is only 15 inches between the wall and the posts.

Adam got a better set-up than me!!! Lot more space!

Last edited by jpflip; 09-23-2012 at 07:01 PM.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:42 AM
casper is just really nicecasper is just really nicecasper is just really nicecasper is just really nicecasper is just really nice
awesome. thanks for going out and measuring. atleast i have a baseline to go off of. now i'm just getting ready for my contractor to start demo

Old 09-24-2012, 11:47 AM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by casper
awesome. thanks for going out and measuring. atleast i have a baseline to go off of. now i'm just getting ready for my contractor to start demo

Good luck Casper and please, when completed, show us the result !!!