996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

||| Pictures of Sunir's 996 Turbo around Baltimore, MD |||

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 01:30 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Thanks for the nice comments guys...

Val I didn't drive her to work today so dunno exactly but she's in the mid 40K right around there...The original owner took very careful and meticulous "spare no expense" type care of this car so she drives tight and feels like a 10K mile car, I am surprised this car was built in '02 each time I drive her

You know what I find interesting most people have no idea on what is a new or the latest 911...they just see them all as porsche 911, they don't know 996 or 997, turbo, C2, C4S, GT3. GT2 or whatever...simply 911 shape is all they seem to pick up on...I've had people com up to me and comment "nice new Porsche" or "that's really cool look at those new style headlights..." lol I'm like this car is not the new body style folks haha!

Old 04-08-2011, 02:15 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Nice shots!

Old 04-08-2011, 04:56 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Nice Sunir. You weren't kidding man that is a nice car! Enjoy Bro

Old 04-08-2011, 05:14 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Thanks Sam appreciate it...and I appreciate all the info and help you gave me when I was looking for a car - you put my needs before your own and even when I passed on your car you didn't treat me any different and still answered questions I had...that was really great of you man!

So your car is off to a new home, where did she end up going afterall?

Old 04-08-2011, 06:04 PM
Porsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nice
Great pictures! Thanks for sharing.

Old 04-08-2011, 08:43 PM
Hat_Trick_Hokie is infamous around these parts
Awesome pics! And I'm drinking Natty Boh right now!!

Old 04-10-2011, 01:13 AM
ttt! car is running awesome..so much fun!

Old 04-11-2011, 10:14 AM
Some latest develpoments:

There is a GT2 that I am interested in...I might sell my turbo X50 first to buy it depending on what kind of deal I can make on that one...

please email me if anyone is interested...I am thinking of putting a feeler thread on the classifieds in the meantime to gauge interest...

if the GT2 deal doesn't pan out I will be keeping my turbo X50...

Old 04-11-2011, 10:54 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
She went to an engineer in WA. Really cool guy and he loves it.

GT-2...Awesome. Good luck

Old 04-14-2011, 04:09 PM
Update: I have put an ad in the classifieds...I am looking for a GT2 and although there is one in particular I have my eyes on I am open to others...

looking to sell my car outright or do a trade situation on a GT2 (I am open to some other makes/models but mostly considered GT2) ... if that doesn't happen I will keep my Turbo X50, she's very rare, fully docuemented, and runs/drives great! Maybe throw a set of coilovers, re-do the calipers in yellow, maybe paint the wheel lips body color... etc ...and enjoy!

Old 04-19-2011, 09:29 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
More pictures: (for full resolution CLICK HERE)

Old 04-19-2011, 09:36 PM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
That thing is MINT

Old 04-20-2011, 07:39 AM
shtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud of
Canton is my old neighborhood. It's great to see those photos from there, not to mention your ride! I had to move away for work a little less than 4 years ago. I still go back and visit every chance I get.

Old 04-20-2011, 01:29 PM
thanks guys for the kind words...

yeah Canton is a cool spot, brewer's hill is undergoing some nice changes also and the area has a good deal of bars, restaurants and the like...plus your so close to Fells, the Marina and Boston St., shtfrbrains what spots do you like to goto in Canton? Man roll thru in that sweet GT2 sometime I'm planning on doing some rooftop bbq'in in the summer bro...in fact I am gonna try to organize a car show/meet and crab feast over at Dockside in Canton maybe this summer...I'll have to talk to them next time I go there for crabs!

bad points - still have city roads but they are better in some places due to the contruction and repaving.

Old 04-20-2011, 05:42 PM
Hayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by sunir
Dunno if you notice but that red brick Natty Boh building is one of the oldest in Baltimore it's a historical landmark and one of the oldest Breweries in the county

That was the FIRST thing that I noticed, Sunir, was the amazingly similar colour contrasts on the brick and the pavement matched against your car! Beautiful contrast. Thanks for the story. It makes the car more cohesive. I really like it when car and a person are connected over just being bought and titled together.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ||| Pictures of Sunir's 996 Turbo around Baltimore, MD |||