996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

||| Pictures of Sunir's 996 Turbo around Baltimore, MD |||

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 07:23 PM
shtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by sunir
thanks guys for the kind words...

yeah Canton is a cool spot, brewer's hill is undergoing some nice changes also and the area has a good deal of bars, restaurants and the like...plus your so close to Fells, the Marina and Boston St., shtfrbrains what spots do you like to goto in Canton? Man roll thru in that sweet GT2 sometime I'm planning on doing some rooftop bbq'in in the summer bro...in fact I am gonna try to organize a car show/meet and crab feast over at Dockside in Canton maybe this summer...I'll have to talk to them next time I go there for crabs!

bad points - still have city roads but they are better in some places due to the contruction and repaving.
I lived at Lighthouse Point for several years, by Bo Brooks, and then I moved into one of the houses next door when they were built. My favorite hangouts in Canton were Cosmo's (I heard they closed) Claddagh's, Coburns, and most of the clubs on the square. I used to like Rick's Cafe, which later became Granite's. I don't know what it's called now. Natcho Mamma's was always one of my favorite places to eat, and they deliver!

I will be bringing my car up to the DC area in the next couple weeks to get the sequential shifter installed, but I doubt I will make it all the way up to Baltimore this time. I am hoping to drive up early in the morning, and home that night. You mentioned the city streets in Baltimore, and I am not sure about it. The railroad tracks and pot holes, are rough. That GT2 is an inch lower than the Turbo, like 2.5 inches off the ground. I have to turn around at speed bumps. I'll have to give it further consideration.

Old 04-20-2011, 07:50 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by shtfrbrains
Nacho Mamma's was always one of my favorite places to eat, and they deliver!
One word... HUBCAP.

Last edited by Tonk; 04-21-2011 at 11:56 AM.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:56 PM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
A very clean and unique car. Amazing color combo. Well done.

Old 04-20-2011, 08:27 PM
shtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Tonk
One word... HUB CAP.
HAHAHA!! Margarita in a hubcap!

Old 04-20-2011, 08:47 PM
DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !
i rarely say this about 996's, but yours looks good.
im curious about the calipers though... why are they silver ?

Old 04-21-2011, 08:40 AM
911stripper has a spectacular aura about911stripper has a spectacular aura about
i can see those Natty Boh buildings from my house

Old 04-21-2011, 08:46 AM
B.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud ofB.Lasek has much to be proud of
I know that place well enough to know where all the pot holes are or should I say aren't. Very nice looking car!

Old 04-21-2011, 09:05 AM
Originally Posted by B.Lasek
I know that place well enough to know where all the pot holes are or should I say aren't. Very nice looking car!
I suppose if I came in from 395 through downtown, and not across the railroad tracks off of 95 on Boston Street, I might be OK.

Old 04-21-2011, 02:21 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by B.Lasek
Buckey how do you know Bmore...I thought your in Cali??

I suppose if I came in from 395 through downtown, and not across the railroad tracks off of 95 on Boston Street, I might be OK.
All you have to do is take the Odonell St. exit off 895 or if you go thru 95 take the very first exit right after the toll...it'll bring you back around past Dela Rosa's and Dockside and cross over Boston after the tracks...Canton Square is on your left, Brewer's Hill on your right at Conklin St. You don't need to go thru downtown too much traffic

i can see those Natty Boh buildings from my house
Yeah me too Where are you at? I think the Natty Boh logo can be seen from all the rooftop decks in Canton ... he winks at night first time I saw that it freaked me out

Old 04-21-2011, 04:08 PM
Hayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to behold
Do you have a close up of that logo? When I first saw that I thought it was Lucy from Charles Schulz characters.

Old 04-21-2011, 04:35 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Hayabusa
Do you have a close up of that logo? When I first saw that I thought it was Lucy from Charles Schulz characters.

Old 04-21-2011, 04:56 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^ nice close up chris but I think he meant the Natty Boh logo atop the building..

Busa I don't have a pic of that bro...you may like to just google it and see what comes up...

Old 04-21-2011, 04:56 PM
ray2327 is infamous around these partsray2327 is infamous around these parts
Man this car is clean!!! I wish you were in South Florida so we could get together for a photo shoot. Our cars look very similar but with a different color setup...

Old 04-21-2011, 04:59 PM
^^ thanks Ray...awesome looking car you have there...I like your style

what wheels are those? You also have a nice lowered stance what suspension are you running? I think split 5's work well with the 996 body...the aerolip and the gt2 blade work well together at very high speed and look nice accenting the car's shape...

what color is your interior?

Last edited by sunir; 04-21-2011 at 05:02 PM.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:09 PM
ray2327 is infamous around these partsray2327 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sunir
^^ thanks Ray...awesome looking car you have there...I like your style

what wheels are those? You also have a nice lowered stance what suspension are you running? I think split 5's work well with the 996 body...the aerolip and the gt2 blade work well together at very high speed and look nice accenting the car's shape...

what color is your interior?
Wheels are the HRE 547r's and the car is sitting on H&R suspension. Interior is black as well. The lip and rear spoiler change the entire look of the car!! Im actually trying to get some new wheels rite now. Change up the look of the car just alittle. Im dying for a wheel with a step lip so lets see what happens with this sale....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ||| Pictures of Sunir's 996 Turbo around Baltimore, MD |||