996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

||| Pictures of Sunir's 996 Turbo around Baltimore, MD |||

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 05:11 PM
ray2327 is infamous around these partsray2327 is infamous around these parts
I NEED those brakes... stock ones just aren't doing it for me anymore

Old 04-21-2011, 05:20 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ray2327
Wheels are the HRE 547r's and the car is sitting on H&R suspension. Interior is black as well. The lip and rear spoiler change the entire look of the car!! Im actually trying to get some new wheels rite now. Change up the look of the car just alittle. Im dying for a wheel with a step lip so lets see what happens with this sale....
sounds good stepped lip is killer, and with that the centers can actually be smaller so with a step rim an 18"wheel can have a 17" center and run a reverse mounting for the tires. This gives a very aggressive Euro look.

Which H&R...the coilovers or just springs? If I keep my car and don't replace it with a GT2 I will more than likely end up putting on H&R coilovers...heard and read a lot of good things about them and for a predominantly street setup seems like a good way to go...

Old 04-21-2011, 05:28 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ray2327
I NEED those brakes... stock ones just aren't doing it for me anymore
The brakes are an interesting story...when my friend bought this car new he felt that the brakes did not fill the wheel enough so he got a set of GT3 brakes and had them done in Silver to accent the car...then he had a custom set of oversized 2 peice rotors made specifically for a setup he designed to use a much larger rotor slotted upfront and standard in the rear for optimal performance, wear, and looks. They measure 13.750 inches and are 1.350 inches thck

Old 04-22-2011, 01:36 PM
^^ the rotors can be made by Brembo or coleman or whomever makes rotors from custom specs.

Old 04-22-2011, 06:46 PM
Hayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Tonk

That kind of looks like Peanuts! j/k Chris

You were right, Sunir,, (don't know your name yet) I Google`d, it's everywhere. Is it originally a brewery? Natty Bohemian beer? haha,, I will dig further!

Old 04-22-2011, 08:15 PM
vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !
So.... is there going to be a PE900 GT2 rolling around Baltimore instead of this beast soon?
I see you in the other threads...

Old 04-22-2011, 09:51 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by sunir
^^ nice close up chris but I think he meant the Natty Boh logo atop the building..

Busa I don't have a pic of that bro...you may like to just google it and see what comes up...
Originally Posted by Hayabusa
That kind of looks like Peanuts! j/k Chris

You were right, Sunir,, (don't know your name yet) I Google`d, it's everywhere. Is it originally a brewery? Natty Bohemian beer? haha,, I will dig further!
DOH! Yeah, I was wondering what you meant when you said Lucy from Charles Schulz characters. I'm too young to pick up on your references lol.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:42 AM
Aerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant future
Beautiful car and pictures! How do you like the Hankook V12 tires? Just street or track also?

Old 04-23-2011, 07:52 PM
Hayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Tonk
DOH! Yeah, I was wondering what you meant when you said Lucy from Charles Schulz characters. I'm too young to pick up on your references lol.
That's okay,, just hang out with old dudes,, it'll all rub off on ya!

Here is Lucy of Charlie Brown fame. There is a slight resemblence, maybe. No?

Anyway,, sry for the hijack,,, back to the Sunir's beauty!

Old 04-25-2011, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by vr4henry
So.... is there going to be a PE900 GT2 rolling around Baltimore instead of this beast soon?
I see you in the other threads...
Nah Raudel's car, awesome as it is, didn't work for me timing and all, I am selling my car in conjuction to the GT2 purchase...but I will say that it will be a beast to replace the current beast

Aerodude....Hankook Ventus are great, I could not be happier with a street tire (I do not intent to take this tire on track, the sidewalls seem a bit more compliant then what I would like). This is a grippy, great value, nice street performance, and road compliant tire...

Hyabusa bro that pic you found is right on Odennel Street heading into Canton from 895 haha I've been there many times, one of my fav spots Blue Hill Tavern is right on the corner of that intersection haha

Old 04-25-2011, 12:30 PM
911stripper has a spectacular aura about911stripper has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by sunir
Buckey how do you know Bmore...I thought your in Cali??

All you have to do is take the Odonell St. exit off 895 or if you go thru 95 take the very first exit right after the toll...it'll bring you back around past Dela Rosa's and Dockside and cross over Boston after the tracks...Canton Square is on your left, Brewer's Hill on your right at Conklin St. You don't need to go thru downtown too much traffic

Yeah me too Where are you at? I think the Natty Boh logo can be seen from all the rooftop decks in Canton ... he winks at night first time I saw that it freaked me out
i live on boston st. across from the gin mill

Old 04-25-2011, 01:13 PM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
We all know how Sunir hates those sunroof things...

Let's talk again about setting up a road race car Sunir, I think I have something that might work out for you.

Old 04-25-2011, 01:44 PM
shtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 911stripper
i live on boston st. across from the gin mill
I had some good times at the Gin Mill in my not-so-distant younger days.

Old 04-25-2011, 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by Neil Switzer
We all know how Sunir hates those sunroof things...

Let's talk again about setting up a road race car Sunir, I think I have something that might work out for you.
lol Neil you crack me up bro!

Old 04-25-2011, 01:49 PM
Good ole Gin Mill....have been there before maybe once or twice...still getting to know the area...I like Harbor East, Canton, and Brewer's Hill so far, Fed hill is cool too...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ||| Pictures of Sunir's 996 Turbo around Baltimore, MD |||