996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

||| Pictures of Sunir's 996 Turbo around Baltimore, MD |||

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 11:18 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
||| Pictures of Sunir's 996 Turbo around Baltimore, MD |||

I had the pleasure to take some photos of Sunir's 996 around some industrial areas of Baltimore, MD last weekend. If anyone knows the area, we were right near the Natty Boh buildings.

For the full set in high resolution on flickr, CLICK HERE

3 - LOOK MA, NO SUNROOF!

7 - Brewers Hill - The Land of Pleasant Living

Old 04-07-2011, 12:08 AM
legendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud of
looks good

Old 04-07-2011, 12:52 AM
ETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant future
Nice pictures! That color combo is sick! And no sunroof. wow

Old 04-07-2011, 07:16 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
like the front seats, what are they? did you add them?

Old 04-07-2011, 07:22 AM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
Nice pics!

Old 04-07-2011, 07:26 AM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
I recognize that car Are you using a TS or photoshop in some of those?

Old 04-07-2011, 07:58 AM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
Ahhh the car looks awesome. What seats are those?

Tonk got photo skillz !!

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 04-07-2011, 08:07 AM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Very nice car and very good Pics!!

Old 04-07-2011, 08:53 AM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Thanks for the compliments everyone.

Originally Posted by Casey@TPCRacing
I recognize that car Are you using a TS or photoshop in some of those?
Yeah he mentioned TPC a couple times while we were chatting.

I don't have a tilt-shift lens so I cheated on #5 and #6, and for #10 I'll admit that it was a completely gray sky that day But besides those three, all the rest have very basic editing. Just the usual color correction, contrast, shadows/highlights, stuff like that.

Old 04-07-2011, 11:07 AM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Thanks for the compliments ...I appreciate the enthusiast community chyming in with your thoughts...

Big thanks to Chris who really has an eye for car placement and framing a shot to not only make the car the star but to also capture natural settings to suit the car, an example of this is the earthy red brick wall matching the interior color of the car. We are going to do some interior pics soon as well.

Now for some more info about this very unique car. I purchased the car from the original owner who is a friend of mine and fellow PCA instructor and former Audi club cheif instructor, I had my eye on this car since '09. In 2001 he and another friend of ours both had orders on the brand new GT2 coming out in '02, well then in '02 Porsche announced the X50 package on the turbo which was 50 grand less and offered what my friend called "basically an all wheel drive version of the GT2, slightly heavier with PSM and offered the same engine" - that said he changed his order to the car above and our other friend went on to get a RUF, non turbo car.

This car was custom ordered in several ways...in fact my friend waited 1 year to take delivery. One of the striking things is the color combo I love the seal gray color and with the custom order premium leather interior in Boxter Red for starters it really set the car apart and made it unique. Porsche was making the 911 turbo standard with sunroofs and my friend was adamently against a sunroof and the notion of a hole in a structural area and adding weight to the hightest point of the chassis really bothered him (I don't like sunroofs either for the same reason which is another thing that specifically appealed to me and made this car very rare). He custom ordered the car with a sunroof delete/GT2 body from the factory which ensured that the car would be a fixed closed roof. This made the delivery time right about 1 year from point of order according to him. All of this is reflected in the Certification of Authenticity I have gotten from him with the car. My friend drove the car since new for a few years upon which it became his wife's car (she is a Porsche enthusiast as well) for a few years prior to my purchasing it from them. The car has been fully documented with service history, records, and invoices with all original paint and body, no accidents or chassis damage.

This X50 packaged car has been meticulously maintained at TPC and made well over 500 hp on their chassis dyno, I can get the exact figures but I think it was around 525 or so, I don't know what kind of dyno they have though, be it mustang, dynojet or what have you. Some mods include custom engine tuning, TPC modified sport tuned exhaust, factory sport seats were modified to accept shoulder harnesses, brakes have been upgraded with larger diameter custom 2 peice rotors (slotted steel w/ alum hats) and GT3 calipers, Aerokit with GT2 rear wing blade, GT2 brake ducts front/GT3 brake ducts rear, motorsport control arms and adj toe links with factory style ball joints, GT2 ant-roll bar, cup car shifter, clutch, and flywheel, TPC wheel studs and alignment, custom body color painted front lip, sideskirts, and lower reap apron, smoked side marker lights....and the wheels are SSR GT3 wheels with factory centercaps which I think look really good on this car.

just thought I would share some information on the car...it's a really fun car to drive

Last edited by sunir; 04-08-2011 at 02:54 PM.
Old 04-07-2011, 05:10 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Dunno if you notice but that red brick Natty Boh building is one of the oldest in Baltimore it's a historical landmark and one of the oldest Breweries in the county I've been told...we shot pretty close to the marina on the city's north side near Canton.

Old 04-07-2011, 08:26 PM
Turbroe is a jewel in the roughTurbroe is a jewel in the roughTurbroe is a jewel in the rough
Very nice Sunir!

Old 04-07-2011, 10:26 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Looking good, i'm not a fan of the interior color or the add-on wing; but hey....it's not my car and as long as you like it thats all that matters.

How many miles on her, Sunir?

Old 04-07-2011, 11:17 PM
ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !
I dig the wing! Nice car sunir!

Old 04-08-2011, 08:14 AM
Slik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond repute
Great photo composition. Fantastic car, Sunir.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ||| Pictures of Sunir's 996 Turbo around Baltimore, MD |||