996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Brake Sensor Light just came on

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 05:48 PM
ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !
Good post - Thank you

Old 05-05-2011, 06:09 AM
ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !ant_8u Is a GOD !
Update......

After finding a mouse around my parking space at work I decided to lay some traps in my parking space

I didn't put them anywhere else as I believe the mouse has a right to be there - just not in my car

A week has gone by now. I haven't seen the mouse again, and my brake sensor has stopped illuminating

I'm guessing the mouse has sat on a wire or pulled something which eventually worked it's way right again

Fingers crossed it's all resolved now

I'll post again if there's any change

Old 05-05-2011, 11:19 AM
Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ant_8u
Update......

After finding a mouse around my parking space at work I decided to lay some traps in my parking space

I didn't put them anywhere else as I believe the mouse has a right to be there - just not in my car

A week has gone by now. I haven't seen the mouse again, and my brake sensor has stopped illuminating

I'm guessing the mouse has sat on a wire or pulled something which eventually worked it's way right again

Fingers crossed it's all resolved now

I'll post again if there's any change
Nothng a rodent can do in your car is going to fix itself, if it was a rodent's presence that caused the light to come on. There's nothing the creature can sit on, jar loose, etc.

The damage if there is any is from gnawing primarily. The second source of damage is the odor that can develop from the droppings/urine these animals leave.

If there's any possibility that a rodent has been in your car, then my advice is you should the car checked out inspected to see if there are any signs of damage.

I've seen a 911 Turbo Cab (996) with rodent damage so severe the engine had to be removed to get at the hoses and wiring damage the rodents caused. The car ran but not well and there was a check engine light. That is all the owner had to go on. But when he took it in to have the symptoms diagnosed that's when the tech found the rodent damage.

Get the car checked out. If there's no damage at least you know it. If there's damage you know it and can get it fixed.

It won't fix itself.

And always be aware that it doesn't take much time for a pair of mice or rats to set up housekeeping in a car. Just a week or so of inactivity if the time is right, if the female is expecting, and female mice are nearly born expecting.

Sincerely,

Macster.

Old 05-05-2011, 12:42 PM
Thanks for the warning, I'll definitely get it checked out

I was under the impression that the mouse has perhaps disturbed a wire by pulling or sitting on it and putting under tension, and that after a while the tension had pulled the wire back into it's seating

There are no signs that the animal has gotten inside my car, but I did see it climb up into the engine bay as I approached the car a week or two ago

I've given it as good an inspection as I can and couldn't see anything untoward. But I think your advice is going to be the best route to follow

I'll book it in at the garage and see if they find anything