996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Pic with cool background effect

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 10:52 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Pic with cool background effect

I thought I'd share a picture a friend of mine took this morning and enhanced it with a monochrome background effect. Kinda neat I think......

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	RUF pic1.png
Views:	55
Size:	1.50 MB
ID:	169208  

Last edited by pwdrhound; 02-06-2012 at 12:11 AM.
Old 04-10-2011, 05:33 AM
alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !
Beautiful!

Old 04-10-2011, 05:45 AM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
OMG love the color, wheels and background! Great job!!!

Old 04-10-2011, 07:40 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Digital cameras and the effects they can create are cool.

Old 04-10-2011, 07:39 PM
kkilmore89 is a name known to allkkilmore89 is a name known to allkkilmore89 is a name known to allkkilmore89 is a name known to allkkilmore89 is a name known to allkkilmore89 is a name known to all
Looks great my buddy did that for a few of my father's car with some of the pics he took. Have to see if I can find them

Old 04-10-2011, 07:49 PM
Hayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to behold
I like it.

I also like how you painted two little mini-yous on the side of the car, too!

Old 04-10-2011, 10:34 PM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
what program was used to make this effect?

it looks awesome!

Old 04-11-2011, 08:14 AM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Hayabusa
I like it.

I also like how you painted two little mini-yous on the side of the car, too!
Yeah, we're both 3'7" tall.....

Old 04-11-2011, 08:16 AM
Originally Posted by OS Inspector
what program was used to make this effect?

it looks awesome!
I will find out. My friend also did one with a black/white background but to me this one really pops.

Old 04-11-2011, 09:42 AM
ecudooberhead is infamous around these parts
Love the RUF rims- where'd you get them?

Old 04-11-2011, 10:15 AM
Slik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond repute
That reallly is a good shot. It's always a challenge to keep your own reflection off the car.

REALLY nice 911, BTW.

Old 04-11-2011, 10:17 AM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
John your car looks absolutely incrdible...what brake calipers are those? I like the yellow contract with the lovely lapis blue (correct?) ...and the RUF wheels albeit heavy really set this car off well! What suspension are you running?...the car sits perfectly!

Old 04-11-2011, 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by ecudooberhead
Love the RUF rims- where'd you get them?
The car is a full RUF 550 Rturbo conversion performed by RUF. Engine, exhaust, wheels, steering wheel, shifter, mirrors, door sills, floor matts, strut brace, pedals, front bumper, badges, etc. The wheels can be purchased through the RUF US representative / importer in Michigan.

Old 04-11-2011, 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by sunir
John your car looks absolutely incrdible...what brake calipers are those? I like the yellow contract with the lovely lapis blue (correct?) ...and the RUF wheels albeit heavy really set this car off well! What suspension are you running?...the car sits perfectly!
Thanks Sunir,
Those brakes are the larger 6 piston calipers off of a GT2 with slotted rotors on the front. The car originally had the RUF/PSS9 suspension but it was removed and the car currently sits on H&R coilovers and sways set and aligned at GT2 ride height and
specs. Everything else is stock except the Tarrett adjustable toe arms in the rear.

Old 04-11-2011, 12:29 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by johnselli
Thanks Sunir,
Those brakes are the larger 6 piston calipers off of a GT2 with slotted rotors on the front. The car originally had the RUF/PSS9 suspension but it was removed and the car currently sits on H&R coilovers and sways set and aligned at GT2 ride height and
specs. Everything else is stock except the Tarrett adjustable toe arms in the rear.
It's one of the best looking 996TT in my opinion...the wheels are 19"s they look like it...I like the GT2 ride height and alignment specs, it works with the car very well.. I was thinking of the same setup, my car has motorsport toe links and factory camber arms so hope that it works for setup...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pic with cool background effect