996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

need help with my 996 turbo ,flood,

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 02:32 PM
coolice232 is infamous around these parts
need help with my 996 turbo ,flood,

hello everyone

this is my first post , ive been of owning my own 911 for a long time , last week i found a 996 turbo which was flooded with fresh water and bought it from the owner for a good deal , went back to my garage drained all the oils removed all the piping and cleaned it , rotated the engine with no plugs and there is no water and it has compression, changed all filters and spark plugs , charged the battery

what is working :
all the gauges
headlights and tail lights
psm screen (its asking for code!)
air conditioning is working and blowing air
all the wipers

whats not working :
the engine wont start ,i tried to jump it directly from the starter and it cranked but from the switch its not working ,i checked the fuse box and the relays under the steering wheel but they seem to be ok.

windows are not working
center lock is not working
the reading light up the roof is not working also the sun roof

i need help making the car start ,is the ECU responsible for the starter , and is there any relays i should check

please advice ,,,i really need help

regards
mohannad , saudi arabia

Old 04-10-2011, 02:58 PM
pinoy911tt is a splendid one to beholdpinoy911tt is a splendid one to beholdpinoy911tt is a splendid one to beholdpinoy911tt is a splendid one to beholdpinoy911tt is a splendid one to beholdpinoy911tt is a splendid one to behold
check the alarm control module. it's probably soaked

Old 04-10-2011, 03:25 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
if you have water in any circuit and you send power through it, you could short it and fry it. You should make sure all the electronics are completely dry.

Old 04-10-2011, 03:28 PM
i took it out , its the unit under the seat right ? i am using the small key(gray), ok how can i check the alarm unit ? and if i buy another one online do i have to reprogram ? please advice coz i really think its the alarm unit , interior lights are off ,windows , hood ,trunk they are all not working

Old 04-10-2011, 03:53 PM
guys please help me with that ,,,

do i need new keys if i buy new Alarm control unit ?

advice

Old 04-10-2011, 05:32 PM
jayster is infamous around these parts
Remove all under seat components, open up and inspect for green fuzzies, especially at terminals. Clean gently and dry out thoroughly. Apply a dielectric of some sort on the terminals, vaseline will do. And reinstall. Jumping the starter with the key on will do nothing. As the immobilizer will kill the fuel and ignition. You need to see if you are getting ground potential from the Dme to the fuel pump relay terminal 86. If not chec the wiring from the dme to the fuel pump relay. and 12VDC power to the DME, as well as good grounds under the seat and on the engine to chassis. Check the fuses to all the components that are in op, you should see 12V dc across all the fuses with key on.
Lastly the is a RF signal convertor on the ignition lock to amplify the signal from the pick up that gets the RF signal from the pill in your key.
Jayster.

Old 04-10-2011, 05:40 PM
i will do it tomorow ,,, if lets say i have to change the alarm control unit , what else do i need to change ? do i need to change the keys for example ? and do i need to reprogram something ?

Old 04-10-2011, 07:04 PM
pat
pat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond repute
Any time you disconect the battery you have to put the code in so the radio works.

Old 04-10-2011, 10:35 PM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
does the car arm/disarm properly by the remote one of the alarm functions may not be operational. also the ignition switchs are known to be bad alot

Old 04-10-2011, 10:42 PM
tonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud of
Honestly I think your in way over your head on this..I would not just start throwing parts at it. Once you install electrical parts they will not take them back..
find a good auto electric shop have them take a look at it.

Old 04-10-2011, 10:44 PM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
or find a good friend that will let u swap parts to/from his car

Old 04-11-2011, 02:21 PM
wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tonka858
Honestly I think your in way over your head on this..I would not just start throwing parts at it. Once you install electrical parts they will not take them back..
find a good auto electric shop have them take a look at it.
QFT, you've got big issues and more coming.

Old 04-11-2011, 03:26 PM
Tj Hunter is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by wpgfordguy
QFT, you've got big issues and more coming.
+1, I try to stay as FAR away from flood cars as I can, unless I have ALL of the components that are electrical related, then it is STILL a big maybe I would buy it. As others have said, if water is still in the system and you try to make it work, you potentially not only have a fuse or relay that could burn out, you have the actual wire, the component that the wire is connected to, etc etc etc...

Old 04-12-2011, 12:22 PM
guys i dont need to hear that !! i am here for help ,,,i cleaned the engine and cranked the engine from the starter and it rotated fine , changed the battery after cleaning fuses and cables , the cluster is working fine with all the gauges , the psm(screen)is working and asking for the radio code , the air conditiong is working , head lights tail lights signals all working so far

my only problem is windows ,sunroof , interior light,gas door, center lock ,trunk button ,hood button and the key is not starting the engine

i learned from reading here that all these elements are related to Alarm control unit , i did my order today it costs around 400$ plus two keys and we will see what happen after programing it in the dealer

p.s i got the car for 6k $ so i still think its a good deal