996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Highest HP Modified K24 Based Engine

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 05:24 PM
Red 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond repute
Highest HP Modified K24 Based Engine

Thought I would save Luis stock K24 thread !!!
What is the highest substantiated HP on modified K24's ? What turbo spec and what supporting mods were used to achieve ?
Quite a few have trodden the step by step upgrades using K24's over the years and the numbers we are now seeing are higher than ever.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:29 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
HEY,,those members tryed to pull the wool over your eyes,,those were K24/18gs at the good HP numbers not K24s.......lol......

Old 04-14-2011, 12:23 AM
Red 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by johnspeed
HEY,,those members tryed to pull the wool over your eyes,,those were K24/18gs at the good HP numbers not K24s.......lol......
To be clear -- I referring to anything but stock turbos. There has been quite a series of developments of available upgrades for K24's over the years and I am interested to see updated results for them.

Old 04-14-2011, 12:28 AM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Here is my car on pump GIAC file. No doubt it would make more on the race file in the race fuel setting since that is essentially more timing (not more boost since the at 1.2 bar the turbos are already at max output). Third party dyno, so no shenanigans My guess is 2-30 more HP on race fuel with race setting

I can't recommend the wastegate upgrade enough! Really woke up the throttle response, mid range and consistent power delivery!

No longer running K24s, but these were good numbers on exhaust, wastegates and flash! That said Dynojets really overstate. I'm a big fan of a properly set-up and calibrated Mustang dyno like GIAC's and EPL's. Like Tony @ EPL said once, how can you trust some of these dyno results when a stock 996T makes 420 AWHP? Cough Cough

OOPS after reading this again I think the OP was asking for power results with modified K24s. These results were with factory stock parts...

Last edited by Turbo Fanatic; 04-14-2011 at 10:31 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:43 AM
No takers? !! I would have thought that there was still a lot of interest in bolt on turbo upgrades.

Old 04-18-2011, 04:10 AM
emadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond repute
6speeder TTBoost was making 600whp with 18g's, injectors and meth, everything else stock. His car now has inlets, IC's and Ypipe and is being retuned.

Bmoores has a 20g car and he did a 5.73 60-130 a couple days ago.

I know there are some K24/garret and billet k24 hybrids out there but I don't know power figures or 60-130 times.

Last edited by emadelta86; 04-18-2011 at 04:12 AM.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:52 PM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
you could make 680whp with 20g' turbos on the very limit of the bottom end with
Ford MAF
intercoolers
3" intercooler piping and y pipe kit
large throttle body
3" exhaust no cats minimal mufflers
big injectors and pusher fuelpumps
adjsutable FPR
your going to need to run 1.8bar have removed your front drivetrain and run race gas or E85 to achieve it though.

Old 04-18-2011, 03:29 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OS Inspector
you could make 680whp with 20g' turbos on the very limit of the bottom end with
Ford MAF
intercoolers
3" intercooler piping and y pipe kit
large throttle body
3" exhaust no cats minimal mufflers
big injectors and pusher fuelpumps
adjsutable FPR
your going to need to run 1.8bar have removed your front drivetrain and run race gas or E85 to achieve it though.
I'm going to strap my car to the dyno one of these days but at 1.6bar on the 20g's my guess is that the car makes damn close to that number. I need to adjust my wastegates but i'm confident this car will go 5.5 or better 60-130 with 1 shift. If we are going to (bench race for the sake of discussion ) compare those numbers with cars that have made similar power on the 60-130 charts the the car below me made 755 and the car above me made 724. I don't think my car is making 755 or anywhere near it but it should be in the 680 range.

I think Chris Green made 717whp on 24/18g's and E85. Thats the highest number I've ever heard on a K24 based turbo. There is the white 24/20g car up in MN that used to belong to Bobby. That was running 1.8 bar on C23. That car trapped 143mph if my memory serves me correctly and ran a 9.99 from what Todd Knighton told me. I would guess that car was making roughly 750whp.

Old 04-18-2011, 03:39 PM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bmoores
I'm going to strap my car to the dyno one of these days but at 1.6bar on the 20g's my guess is that the car makes damn close to that number. I need to adjust my wastegates but i'm confident this car will go 5.5 or better 60-130 with 1 shift. If we are going to (bench race for the sake of discussion ) compare those numbers with cars that have made similar power on the 60-130 charts the the car below me made 755 and the car above me made 724. I don't think my car is making 755 or anywhere near it but it should be in the 680 range.

I think Chris Green made 717whp on 24/18g's and E85. Thats the highest number I've ever heard on a K24 based turbo. There is the white 24/20g car up in MN that used to belong to Bobby. That was running 1.8 bar on C23. That car trapped 143mph if my memory serves me correctly and ran a 9.99 from what Todd Knighton told me. I would guess that car was making roughly 750whp.
i would agree with ya ben the actual dyno makes a difference too but lets leave that variable out for now.

sometimes more power doesn't always mean a faster time

Old 04-18-2011, 03:42 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OS Inspector
i would agree with ya ben the actual dyno makes a difference too but lets leave that variable out for now.

sometimes more power doesn't always mean a faster time

Absolutely, the intangibles will always play a roll. It's just nailing down exactly how big that roll is.

As for the dyno number ..... I don't care what it is as long as the car keeps performing as it has for the last 18+ months.

Old 04-18-2011, 03:45 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
OK,,,You K24/20g guys.....Question,Your opinion,,,Do you think at 1.3 bars on pump gas only and the supporting mods I have in my signature.......which is what most K24/18g members have.....Do you think at this level it would be a good up grade worth it to go to K24/20s and a new map???Just like to hear your thoughts from Members that have been there done that......Thank You.......Also,sorry to ask this on this thread,,,but they still are K24s.....lol........

Old 04-18-2011, 03:50 PM
Originally Posted by johnspeed
OK,,,You K24/20g guys.....Question,Your opinion,,,Do you think at 1.3 bars on pump gas only and the supporting mods I have in my signature.......which is what most K24/18g members have.....Do you think at this level it would be a good up grade worth it to go to K24/20s and a new map???Just like to hear your thoughts from Members that have been there done that......Thank You.......Also,sorry to ask this on this thread,,,but they still are K24s.....lol........
For me when I switched from 18g's to 20g's the 20g's on pump felt like the 18g's on race gas. If you get Tony to right you a pump only file that will run at 1.3 on the 20g's you will REALLY enjoy the performance. I think the 20g's maybe one of the best all around setups on these cars for someone not looking to go too crazy.

Old 04-18-2011, 03:54 PM
and the new turbos Tony uses are Billet versions 18gxt 20gxt so there is a updated wheel design for guys looking to make changes. (same cost as before)

the 20g will choke without a Blow Through MAF, and last i heard Tony does not like to use Blow through MAF's so would be something to discuss with Tony.

Old 04-18-2011, 03:57 PM
If I don't sell my car I need to look into the new wheel design.

Old 04-18-2011, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by bmoores
If I don't sell my car I need to look into the new wheel design.
Sell? **** i haven't even got to enjoy mine yet.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Highest HP Modified K24 Based Engine