996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

My 2003 X50 Arrives in less than a Half Hour!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 03:39 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Are you up in Northern VA? That parking lot looks familiar...Tysons Galleria?

Old 04-14-2011, 03:41 PM
RxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud ofRxPorsche has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

Great color, welcome to the club .

Old 04-14-2011, 03:44 PM
SaMaS is just really niceSaMaS is just really niceSaMaS is just really niceSaMaS is just really niceSaMaS is just really nice
Car looks great ! grats !

Old 04-14-2011, 03:45 PM
NineElevenLover is just really niceNineElevenLover is just really niceNineElevenLover is just really niceNineElevenLover is just really niceNineElevenLover is just really nice
Thanks for the compliments, guys. Much appreciated.

Originally Posted by sunir
Are you up in Northern VA? That parking lot looks familiar...Tysons Galleria?
I am up in NoVA, but this wasn't taken in Tysons. It was at the top of my parking garage where I work, in Herndon.

Old 04-14-2011, 03:54 PM
DMAN11 is infamous around these parts
Nice are, nice color...I like the rims. Have the brakes been upgraded?

Old 04-14-2011, 03:57 PM
Another question, how do you like those pedals?

Old 04-14-2011, 03:57 PM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
Nice! looks like someone will be sleeping in the garage tonight.

Old 04-14-2011, 04:07 PM
DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !
very nice man !
all the best
anyone wanna guess when the first round of mods begins ?
i say less than 5 full days.

Old 04-14-2011, 04:13 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NineElevenLover
Thanks for the compliments, guys. Much appreciated.

I am up in NoVA, but this wasn't taken in Tysons. It was at the top of my parking garage where I work, in Herndon.
haha I used to work there back in '02 - '04 - looks like it's by the clock tower shopping center...wow all these NoVA garages look the same lol

we gotta have some meets over in Tysons sometime...I'm a ways out over in Bmore MD now...

Old 04-14-2011, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by DMAN11
Another question, how do you like those pedals?
didn't know the OP has upgraded pedals?

As for your q's on the wheels and brakes - wheels are Fikse FM10 - forged centre 2 spun rim halves - 3 peice structure, very nice light and strong wheels, popular for cars used on track significantly. FM10 and FM5 were 2 of the original Fikse designs, they were mesh and 5 spoke centers respectively.

The brakes are Gen 1 Porshe Carbon Ceramic Brakes (PCCB) - good setup, and a nice technological advancement when first introduced, the carbon rotors are made to unify and dissapate heat distributions and offer more repeatable heat cycles, this said they do wear, make no mistake. However, as an alternative many prefer the steel rotorsetup due to cost of replacement - PCCB rotors run $8K or more for a pair (that's not a typo ) ... the PCCB calipers can be run with carbon or steel rotors, with pads changed accordingly.

Old 04-14-2011, 04:43 PM
NineElevenLover is just really niceNineElevenLover is just really niceNineElevenLover is just really niceNineElevenLover is just really niceNineElevenLover is just really nice
lol @ sunir... you seem to think you know more about my car than I do.

didn't know the OP has upgraded pedals?
Yes, yes I do. You can see if you click on the link to my gallery and check out the interior pics. They are Carnewal pedals. I don't mind them... quite easy to heel-toe downshift with them, and that's about all I need to be happy.

As for your q's on the wheels and brakes - wheels are Fikse FM10 - forged centre 2 spun rim halves - 3 peice structure, very nice light and strong wheels, popular for cars used on track significantly. FM10 and FM5 were 2 of the original Fikse designs, they were mesh and 5 spoke centers respectively.
Close, but no cigar. The wheels are Fikse Profil 10... not FM10.

The brakes are Gen 1 Porshe Carbon Ceramic Brakes (PCCB) - good setup, and a nice technological advancement when first introduced, the carbon rotors are made to unify and dissapate heat distributions and offer more repeatable heat cycles, this said they do wear, make no mistake. However, as an alternative many prefer the steel rotorsetup due to cost of replacement - PCCB rotors run $8K or more for a pair (that's not a typo ) ... the PCCB calipers can be run with carbon or steel rotors, with pads changed accordingly.
Yeah, I may change out the rotors if and when I ever need to replace them.

Anyways, just busting your ***** sunir...

haha I used to work there back in '02 - '04 - looks like it's by the clock tower shopping center...wow all these NoVA garages look the same lol

we gotta have some meets over in Tysons sometime...I'm a ways out over in Bmore MD now...
Yep, I'm right near the clocktower. Maybe we can meet up sometime at Katie's coffee and cars.

Originally Posted by STEVE KOJASEVIC
very nice man !
all the best
anyone wanna guess when the first round of mods begins ?
i say less than 5 full days.
Thanks bud. I'm going to try VERY hard to resist the urge to modify this sucker. I want to drive it down to Boost Logic in Texas RIGHT NOW, but I've locked myself to my refrigerator for the night. I'm guessing I'll last about six months, MAX.

Last edited by NineElevenLover; 04-14-2011 at 04:46 PM.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:55 PM
lol it's all good bro...you have some nice items on the car for sure.

Profil 10's a sweet, they are based on the the FM10 - a time honored wheel.

I think all Fikse wheels are great, I expecially like the 10 spoke varient and the FM5 - the mesh are a pain to keep clean - are yours techni-polished finished?

Old 04-14-2011, 04:56 PM
8K to replace a pair of rotors! ACK!

Old 04-14-2011, 04:59 PM
AspenWhite05Sti is infamous around these parts
Congrats... Car is so beautiful.

Old 04-14-2011, 05:17 PM
are yours techni-polished finished?
It's not on the receipt, so I'm assuming not. The only thing that could be related that I see is this:

"Fikse Profil 10 - Race Satin Anodizing, center section only"

Is that what you're talking about? I'm not all about the bling... I'm strictly function over form, so that's not my thing, really.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My 2003 X50 Arrives in less than a Half Hour!