996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Evolution Motorsports 3.96 60-130 Record Breaking... VIDEO

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 08:20 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by houstonT
KPG, CONGRATS on the great time!
Peter
Thanks Peter, its all good!

Old 04-17-2011, 08:24 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Talking

Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Thread cleaned up. Sorry, Kev. Peter and I got a little carried away.
6Speed...people getting carried away...say it isn't so! No problem at all, actually learned a bit about these Lambos today...at least my 3.96 didn't get erased. See you at OH2K11

Old 04-17-2011, 08:43 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Thread cleaned up. Sorry, Kev. Peter and I got a little carried away.

Darn it, what did I miss

Old 04-17-2011, 10:22 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG
Scott, so no injector capable of allowing these TTGs to run the full 1500WHP on ethanol or just no one has tried yet. What numbers are Eric, Tim and Peter putting down in the 1/4 mile or 60-130 with these builds. I could never see myself in a Lambo... GTR on the other hand
UGR has a bigger fuel system with bigger injectors. It was on the mile car that crashed. It had plenty of room to go and it was over 1900whp.

After much discussion with Kevin and John Reed we decided to setup my E85 tune on the 'R' fuel system. Since this was the very first car they tuned on E85 we decided to play it safe and make sure that we kept the idle and startup very driveable since I have been known to actually drive my cars.

We maxed out the injectors at 1282whp and then backed it down a little bit on the final setting. The car made as much peak power at the same boost level on E85 that it did on C16.

I am hoping to switch the car from C16 to E85 soon so I can compare my C16 1300ish setting to the E85 1250 setting.

Old 04-18-2011, 10:20 AM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cjv
What we learned about C16 vs E85 is the C16 is one big explosion that pushes the piston down the liner. The biggest push is just after TDC and declines from there. E85 burns almost all the way down the liner providing push throughout the stroke. In other words max push starting after TDC and pushing all the way down to just prior to BDC. This is where the response in gained.
This is an interesting theory but does this actually happen in reality? My understanding of combustion processes is that they are mainly turbulent, not as laminar as you describe, even with ethanol. If you have any literature regarding this could you please post a reference? I would be curious to read it. The flame speed of ethanol is faster so what you're seeing is a more complete burn, especially at higher rpms. There is also the simple fact that you can make more thermal energy from ethanol at a given air flow which no one has discussed yet. Given all else being equal, that alone would result in increased response and tq as people are describing.

Last edited by TTdude; 04-18-2011 at 10:23 AM.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:40 AM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG
6Speed...people getting carried away...say it isn't so! No problem at all, actually learned a bit about these Lambos today...at least my 3.96 didn't get erased. See you at OH2K11

Is SlossMD going??

Old 04-18-2011, 12:10 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by topgun
Is SlossMD going??
I think SlossMD and RobMD are traveling together.

Old 04-18-2011, 12:28 PM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AtomicZ

Old 04-18-2011, 12:49 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AtomicZ
Funniest post i've read on 6 speed in a while.

Old 04-18-2011, 08:06 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TTdude
This is an interesting theory but does this actually happen in reality? My understanding of combustion processes is that they are mainly turbulent, not as laminar as you describe, even with ethanol. If you have any literature regarding this could you please post a reference? I would be curious to read it. The flame speed of ethanol is faster so what you're seeing is a more complete burn, especially at higher rpms. There is also the simple fact that you can make more thermal energy from ethanol at a given air flow which no one has discussed yet. Given all else being equal, that alone would result in increased response and tq as people are describing.
TTdude,

Not sure who's theory it is. Neil Harvey of Performance Developments explained it to me. Our engine dyno tests have backed up what he has said.

Neil has a history with Porsche MS and one F1 Team who won two Championships after which he started his own company. Working with him now for over three years I can tell you many of the tricks he has come up with for this motor are off the charts.

I had a conversation with Todd Z a few weeks ago (because I am looking at using a new currently in progress intercooler he is building) and reviewed with him our motor in minute details. After listening he commented, "what you have done to this motor is everything I have ever wanted to do to one of these motor."

Back to your direct question ........ I will present it to Neil and ask him to give me a more in detail explanation to share with the forum.

Last edited by cjv; 04-18-2011 at 08:08 PM.