996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Kit for adding extra fuel pump???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 02:15 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
Yes they called me I sent them the connector lol now they just have to place the pump somewhere... without it they cant direct fit ... I cnc machined that part.
good luck
mark
HI,Thank You......

Old 05-19-2011, 08:48 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Went to Kelly Moss to do the dyno tuning as scheduled and then bring the car home with this extra fuel pump installed,as Tony from EPL told me to get because he said I needed it and he could tune my car to get more out of it,,,Well had it on the dyno for base line pulls and did not get any tuning on it,again.NO fault of Kelly Moss......Had to drive back home again,160 miles, in the rent a car now that I have had for 5 days do to no tuning......More to come......

Old 05-19-2011, 09:15 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Be patient brother. In my experience these things take some fiddling, waste-gate adjustments, etc... I'm sure it's no fun when it's 160 miles away.

Old 05-19-2011, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by ari
Be patient brother. In my experience these things take some fiddling, waste-gate adjustments, etc... I'm sure it's no fun when it's 160 miles away.
HI,Thanks,,,,But thats my point,,everything was done and running and was told ,again, it was going to be tuned for his set-up today ,,,we were waiting for the feed back/updates to come after all that time sitting on the dyno waiting......

Old 05-23-2011, 08:54 AM
Hi guys,,If all you added was another fuel pump{044} inline AND you did not change the injectors and FPR >>>Do you think you would have to remap for it to run in its normal range or range that did not need the extra fuel??.........I am not talking about remapping to take full advantage of it where it was starving the injectors[UpperWOT},everything but that area.......I would guess not,,,Due to thats why we have FPR??......Just some thoughts needed.....

Old 05-24-2011, 05:24 AM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
Do you hear crickets when you open this thread........

Old 05-24-2011, 06:43 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
If you did not change the FPR and Injectors you should not have to change the tune. I did the samething on my previous setup and it just allowed the car to pull all the way to redline instead of going lean.

Old 05-29-2011, 03:22 PM
HI Guys,,Just got car back my car from Kelly Moss, with their add on in line Bosch 044 fuel pump kit install...Is it normal to hear that pump working/running at all times ,as I do now??..You can hear clearly while you are at a stand still at idle,,,the sound does not change at increased RPMS... But when you are moving/driving and RPM speed is above 2500 RPM,,,the pump is drowned out by the 'OTHER' noises.....They did a nice install/placement and it is under the car and the stock fuel filter has not been moved.....Tony/EPL did manage to get some more power and keep me in the safe injector duty cycle range now...My boost is now 1.4 with some peaks at 1.5 with 93 oct. pump gas with the outside temps of around low 60s/clear out,as was the dyno room when retuned.....Thank You and have a great weekend......

Old 05-29-2011, 05:17 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by johnspeed
HI Guys,,Just got car back my car from Kelly Moss, with their add on in line Bosch 044 fuel pump kit install...Is it normal to hear that pump working/running at all times ,as I do now??..You can hear clearly while you are at a stand still at idle,,,the sound does not change at increased RPMS... But when you are moving/driving and RPM speed is above 2500 RPM,,,the pump is drowned out by the 'OTHER' noises.....They did a nice install/placement and it is under the car and the stock fuel filter has not been moved.....Tony/EPL did manage to get some more power and keep me in the safe injector duty cycle range now...My boost is now 1.4 with some peaks at 1.5 with 93 oct. pump gas with the outside temps of around low 60s/clear out,as was the dyno room when retuned.....Thank You and have a great weekend......
If you were on a stand alone, then you could use one of the outputs to trigger the pump to come on at a set boost level, but with stock ecu; it's probably impossible. But it's normal to hear it since it's consistently on....

Got any pixs of the install? So how much pwr are you makign now at 1.4-1.5 on pump gas? What is your duty cycle now, and what injectors are you running?

Old 05-29-2011, 08:43 PM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
I used a 2 3/4 or a 3" id x 3-4'' long piece of silicone tubing to slip the pump in. I then put two slots in the silicone along the pump then slipped in a hose clamp to clamp the tubing to the pump (half the clamp on the silicone half on the pump) that will leave some meat. I then passed a piece of 3/4x1/8 flat stock through the opening along the pump. I then put the pump and all in to a piece of 4" aluminum pipe about 4-5'' long and riveted the flat stock to the inside of the pipe. Now the pump can swing in the 4'' pipe and the silicone will absorb the vibration you here, mount the 4'' pipe to anything now. Hope I described this clear enough..

Old 06-06-2011, 04:22 PM
emadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond repute
Hey, I found this kit from FVD which relocates the fuel filter inside the fenderwell. This would make space for an extra fuel pump.

http://www.fvd.de/de/en/Porsche-0/99...ation-Kit.html

Old 06-06-2011, 05:08 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by emadelta86
Hey, I found this kit from FVD which relocates the fuel filter inside the fenderwell. This would make space for an extra fuel pump.

http://www.fvd.de/de/en/Porsche-0/99...ation-Kit.html
Yes but its an expensive project that way.... I have been working on a kit to place the second pump in that location(leaving the filter in OEM location).. problem is you have to take the huge coolant tank out and thats a job in itself...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 06-08-2011, 03:56 PM
996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute996ttalot has a reputation beyond repute
Yes but its an expensive project that way.... I have been working on a kit to place the second pump in that location(leaving the filter in OEM location).. problem is you have to take the huge coolant tank out and thats a job in itself...
Markski,

I forget to mention to you the other day. We have been looking at this as well
- 2 possibilities

1) Remove the filter completely - in fact we are checking on this because there is a micro - filter already in the tank. If you look inside the filter you are trying to relocate, even on a car with 80k mileage - it is clean
2) If you relocate to the other side, yes it can be done, but not really with a y-pipe solution - the issue is clearance (not impossible) but it is another thing in that area together with the intake filter and what you might gain in terms of reduced fuel temps, you might lose in increased IAT

Ken

BTW, I have no noise at all. Did have initially but replaced the pump in the tank with identical Bosch 044, put in a new 3.8fpr and no noise.

Last edited by 996ttalot; 06-08-2011 at 03:59 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:20 PM
Fastfrank is infamous around these parts
Got any pixs of the install? So how much pwr are you making now at 1.4-1.5 on pump gas? What is your duty cycle now, and what injectors are you running?

Old 06-08-2011, 07:22 PM
Fastfrank is infamous around these parts
Yes the coolant tank caused US some issues

Still plan on getting w/ you next week

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Kit for adding extra fuel pump???