996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Kit for adding extra fuel pump???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 04:48 PM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Anyone know what the difference is between the stock pump and the Bosch 044?

Old 04-23-2011, 05:00 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
HI,AMS did a thread on this last yr...According to their comparison ,not much,a 'tiny' bit more,,,only alot cheaper then the Porsche OEM....lol...

Old 04-23-2011, 07:33 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
HI,I think John D. from SpeedTech runs 2 pumps with a stock intake set-up??Maybe he can step in....Thanks
Yes, I do. I put the pump in place of the filter and eliminated the fuel filter altogether. The plan was to use a small in-line filter, but we never got around to it. My tech told me the fuel pump up front is screened with a micron filter and chances are I would not have a problem. So far he's right. It's been fine for 4 years and about 40,000 miles.

You can see it here...

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials facebook SpeedTech Exhaust Videos

Last edited by John@SpeedTech; 04-24-2011 at 07:05 AM.
Old 04-24-2011, 01:18 AM
jalmood has a spectacular aura aboutjalmood has a spectacular aura aboutjalmood has a spectacular aura about
i got the injectors, where can i buy the second pump and accompaniying hoses from?

Old 04-24-2011, 11:04 AM
jorligan has much to be proud ofjorligan has much to be proud ofjorligan has much to be proud ofjorligan has much to be proud ofjorligan has much to be proud ofjorligan has much to be proud ofjorligan has much to be proud ofjorligan has much to be proud ofjorligan has much to be proud of
If you are running out of fuel and you want to increase the the pump output, you could use the "electronic" pump boosters made by Kenne Bell or Mallory. These units increase the voltage to your stock pump thereby increasing the output of the pump itself. It can also increase the voltage in a boost dependent manner, normal voltage at no bost and then increase the voltage with boost. This prevents your fuel constantly running high fuel rates with high return back to the tank via the fuel return line. In addition, if your fuel return line is too small and you are supplying too much fuel at all times, it can actually increase the fuel pressure at idle and make tuning a little problematic. These Boost-a-pumps have been used along time and I would think that it would be an easy solution. The claim is that it can increase pump output by 50% by increasing the supplied voltage and before you think that this is "ghetto", the Koenisegg uses the Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump

Last edited by jorligan; 04-24-2011 at 11:09 AM. Reason: More inforation
Old 04-24-2011, 01:05 PM
Speedfreak has much to be proud ofSpeedfreak has much to be proud ofSpeedfreak has much to be proud ofSpeedfreak has much to be proud ofSpeedfreak has much to be proud ofSpeedfreak has much to be proud ofSpeedfreak has much to be proud ofSpeedfreak has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jorligan
If you are running out of fuel and you want to increase the the pump output, you could use the "electronic" pump boosters made by Kenne Bell or Mallory. These units increase the voltage to your stock pump thereby increasing the output of the pump itself. It can also increase the voltage in a boost dependent manner, normal voltage at no bost and then increase the voltage with boost. This prevents your fuel constantly running high fuel rates with high return back to the tank via the fuel return line. In addition, if your fuel return line is too small and you are supplying too much fuel at all times, it can actually increase the fuel pressure at idle and make tuning a little problematic. These Boost-a-pumps have been used along time and I would think that it would be an easy solution. The claim is that it can increase pump output by 50% by increasing the supplied voltage and before you think that this is "ghetto", the Koenisegg uses the Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump
I used the Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump on my 3,8l with 630cc injectors and 1,4bar of boost and it worked great! But thats pushing it to it´s limits.

Old 04-24-2011, 01:13 PM
Speedfreak has much to be proud ofSpeedfreak has much to be proud ofSpeedfreak has much to be proud ofSpeedfreak has much to be proud ofSpeedfreak has much to be proud ofSpeedfreak has much to be proud ofSpeedfreak has much to be proud ofSpeedfreak has much to be proud of
This year I´m going to use this duel in tank installation with duel fuel lines and 1000cc injectors on E85

Attached Images  
Old 04-25-2011, 07:26 AM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
injectors alone are not enough ....
I know you dont have a blow thru....
Yes its doable but its a a pain in the butt making it fit.... thats why not too many tuners have this option available.. if any...
As far as one blowing vs the other.... then running on one only.... we hook ours up to the stock relay....
Mark,
can you please explain how "As far as one blowing vs the other.... then running on one only.... we hook ours up to the stock relay...." stops one pump from failing mechanically?

Old 04-25-2011, 07:32 AM
hrs1 is infamous around these parts
or you can roll with this set-up if you dont mind using the trunk

Attached Images  
Old 04-26-2011, 05:43 AM
atisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant future
Paging dgreen78... he's got a dual 044 pump setup on his car that I believe has left him with LOTS of headroom.

Old 04-26-2011, 07:45 AM
tvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud of
I have a 044 inline. Here is a shot ( engine out ) of the hookup. It mounts into the stock fuel filter location, and uses the factory pump relay for power.

Attached Images  
Old 04-26-2011, 07:59 AM
vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by hrs1
or you can roll with this set-up if you dont mind using the trunk

Old 04-26-2011, 09:02 AM
atisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by tvurt
I have a 044 inline. Here is a shot ( engine out ) of the hookup. It mounts into the stock fuel filter location, and uses the factory pump relay for power.
So you're not using the stock fuel filter either? Are you simply relying on the screen filters in the pumps like John @ Speedtech is?

I see you're running 58# injectors... what is the theoretical (hp) limit of your current fuel system?

Thanks!

Old 04-26-2011, 09:41 AM
tvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by atisvt99
So you're not using the stock fuel filter either? Are you simply relying on the screen filters in the pumps like John @ Speedtech is?

I see you're running 58# injectors... what is the theoretical (hp) limit of your current fuel system?

Thanks!
No fuel filter. I am around 90% DC on the injectors right now @1.3 bar and right at ~600awhp on race.

The 58# injectors were done in 2008, and need to be replaced with 72# if I want to make big numbers. I am actually more concerned with moving my spool down a bit, and hitting full boost earlier. New inlet pipes from markski are incoming!

Tom

Old 04-26-2011, 10:07 AM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
tvurt, Change the fitting that connects to the fuel rail. That 90 fitting is super restrictive!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Kit for adding extra fuel pump???