996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Kit for adding extra fuel pump???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 10:14 AM
tvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Tim941NYC
tvurt, Change the fitting that connects to the fuel rail. That 90 fitting is super restrictive!
Now that is a great point. Thanks, I have to move it anyways to fit the larger inlet pipes into place.

Tom

Old 04-26-2011, 10:19 AM
atisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant future
Hey Tom,

Any chance you can snap a closer pic of where your pump sits now? John D. posted up a big pic, but the pump isn't real visible... Thanks!

John D, if you have a 2nd pic laying around - that too would be great!

Old 04-26-2011, 10:35 AM
tvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud of
Hey Tom,

Any chance you can snap a closer pic of where your pump sits now? John D. posted up a big pic, but the pump isn't real visible... Thanks!
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...fuel-pump.html

There you go, don't be jealous of my amazing paintshop skills.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:54 AM
atisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant future
Haha! that's awesome... looks like a 6 year old trying to write with the 'wrong hand'!

Old 04-26-2011, 11:23 AM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
HEY Guys,This is really turning into a great thread with info and help.....THANKS.....You would think with this as being a real restriction for some worth while gains with bigger turbos and injectors,as most have,,,,that there isnt a kit out OR tuners do not inform you of the possibilites of what their Street/pump gas maps can do once this issue is addressed which would help their bragging rights for sales plus make them extra money with kits OR a single Bigger pump kit that works and easy install.At this level that we are into it,to need it ,whats a few more bucks...lol...From what I have been told so far, that a 044 pump really isnt go to do anything over replacing the factory one with it??.......

Old 04-26-2011, 12:06 PM
You're talking about *only* replacing the factory pump with an 044? If that's what you're asking, I've heard that it isn't a plug-n-play swap anyways. But that the 044 is more of an in-line pump and still needs something out front 'pushing' to feed it...

I started a fuel pump thread a little while back - as usual, it started out good and strong, and then died off before anymore data could be extracted from our user base.

And I wish that dgreen78 would chime in here... He has two 044 pumps (custom) mounted in his tank with bigger braided lines headed to the rails.

Some companies will sell you upgraded lines to work with the stock pump, some will sell you an in-line to work in conjunction with the stock pump while keeping your stock lines... some users (Tim in NY) will swear by a single big pump, others will turn their trunk into a sacrificial fuel delivery pod and fill it with all kinds of equipment!

SO. MANY. OPTIONS...

Old 04-26-2011, 03:16 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by atisvt99
You're talking about *only* replacing the factory pump with an 044? If that's what you're asking, I've heard that it isn't a plug-n-play swap anyways. But that the 044 is more of an in-line pump and still needs something out front 'pushing' to feed it...

I started a fuel pump thread a little while back - as usual, it started out good and strong, and then died off before anymore data could be extracted from our user base.

And I wish that dgreen78 would chime in here... He has two 044 pumps (custom) mounted in his tank with bigger braided lines headed to the rails.

Some companies will sell you upgraded lines to work with the stock pump, some will sell you an in-line to work in conjunction with the stock pump while keeping your stock lines... some users (Tim in NY) will swear by a single big pump, others will turn their trunk into a sacrificial fuel delivery pod and fill it with all kinds of equipment!

SO. MANY. OPTIONS...
HI,Thanks for your info.I was looking to get more fuel,as Tony from EPL said I needed now.I was told just about duals,thus this thread.But others mentioned an upgrade to a 044 single will do it which I do not think it will do it. Tim has been very helpful and informative,good guy....So,if I may ask,Please tell me some of these companies that sell these extra in line pump things that you mentioned....Thank You......

Old 04-26-2011, 07:56 PM
AlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by johnspeed
HI,Thanks for your info.I was looking to get more fuel,as Tony from EPL said I needed now.I was told just about duals,thus this thread.But others mentioned an upgrade to a 044 single will do it which I do not think it will do it. Tim has been very helpful and informative,good guy....So,if I may ask,Please tell me some of these companies that sell these extra in line pump things that you mentioned....Thank You......
Any reason you aren't going with a secondary fuel system(aka. Methanol)?

Old 04-27-2011, 03:58 PM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
Secondary fuel system? Meth injection is a cooling agent, not added fuel. That there is risky business.

Old 04-27-2011, 04:18 PM
Originally Posted by AlphaDog28
Any reason you aren't going with a secondary fuel system(aka. Methanol)?
You are talking about something totally different,,,As Tim explained,,,,But thanks for your input

Old 04-27-2011, 06:43 PM
AlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to behold
You are talking about something totally different,,,As Tim explained,,,,But thanks for your input
No. Tim is wrong. Meth is a secondary fuel system(methanol is a fuel). Maybe not in a traditional sense(carb,efi), but it is injecting methanol(126 octane)into your normal fuel path just ahead of the TB to be blended with gasoline in the manifold prior to burning it all together. It is a progressive system that is tuned from applied boost. It does cool the intake temps, but Methanol effectively raises the octane of your fuel, which means your car won't pull timing as soon, which means you get more boost, which means you get more power. When i ran out of fuel to tune with this was the option i chose and gained over 70hp. Just like adding an extra fuel pump, only you spend 1000 bucks installed. You are already working with EPL so just call Tony, he sold me mine, and ask him about the aquamist system. It has the best failsafe around by reverting to factory boost upon empty tank syndrome.

This is a very safe system and I fill up the methanol container every 3-4 gas fill-ups.

Last edited by AlphaDog28; 04-27-2011 at 08:46 PM.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:47 PM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
Good luck with that!

Old 04-28-2011, 04:52 AM
Originally Posted by Tim941NYC
Good luck with that!
I don't need luck Tim. Tony at EPL recommended and tuned it. The car is extremely safe and I have a ton of dyno runs and Durometric logs to make that statement. I know this isn't exactly what the threadstarter asked for, but it is a viable and safe alternative the achieve the same goal. All I am saying is it warrants a call to Tony at EPL, the guy that is already tuning his car.

Last edited by AlphaDog28; 04-28-2011 at 04:54 AM.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:08 AM
Originally Posted by AlphaDog28
I don't need luck Tim. Tony at EPL recommended and tuned it. The car is extremely safe and I have a ton of dyno runs and Durometric logs to make that statement. I know this isn't exactly what the threadstarter asked for, but it is a viable and safe alternative the achieve the same goal. All I am saying is it warrants a call to Tony at EPL, the guy that is already tuning his car.
Hi,,,Tony was in contact with the dyno shop,Kelly Moss,when my car was on their dyno....Tony said I was running out of fuel and that I need another pump.....Nothing about meth. injection was said,,Plus in my opinion that is not a true fix but a band aid IF their is a problem with lack of fuel......Sharing is all good....

Old 04-28-2011, 09:20 AM
Hi,,,Tony was in contact with the dyno shop,Kelly Moss,when my car was on their dyno....Tony said I was running out of fuel and that I need another pump.....Nothing about meth. injection was said,,Plus in my opinion that is not a true fix but a band aid IF their is a problem with lack of fuel......Sharing is all good....
Godspeed in your endeavors. I just thought to point out a concept that Tony believes in as referenced in case studies on his website. Everyone is entitled to their own methods of thinking and i wish you the best in resolving your issue with a unique one of a kind method that may help feed the mainstream through the investment of your time and money.

Please keep us all informed.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Kit for adding extra fuel pump???