996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Kit for adding extra fuel pump???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 09:49 AM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
Sorry for getting off topic, but I have to point out that the Porsche intake track was designed for "dry" compressed air and not as a wet air/fuel distribution system. This means that some cylinders will get more or less of the atomized unmetered ''fuel'' mixture. In the passed many people have tried to boost N/A cars and added extra injectors behind the TB and controlled them with a fuel only ecu and have blown these motors up do to uneven fuel distribution which caused lean outs.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:26 AM
AlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Tim941NYC
Sorry for getting off topic, but I have to point out that the Porsche intake track was designed for "dry" compressed air and not as a wet air/fuel distribution system. This means that some cylinders will get more or less of the atomized unmetered ''fuel'' mixture. In the passed many people have tried to boost N/A cars and added extra injectors behind the TB and controlled them with a fuel only ecu and have blown these motors up do to uneven fuel distribution which caused lean outs.
I guess it's a good thing this is the future, and that motronic isn't a fuel only ECU. There are alway pioneers along the way that mess things up that they don't fully understand, and it's a good thing EPL has a PROFOUND understanding of how to tune this car. I tell you what...I will stop defending this technology if you call Tony and he does not endorse this as a viable alternative to the issue stated at the start of this thread.

Till then...

Old 04-28-2011, 01:17 PM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
you have one hiccup with your REAL FUEL SYSTEM and its curtains.. I have something else running through my head right now.... It goes something like never argue with a.............

Old 04-28-2011, 02:19 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Now Tony may correct me if I am wrong, but I've always been told by basically every tuner that using Meth. as extra fuel is always a big time no no. I know on my brothers 997TT and my car (well we never finished it up) was to use it to give us a little more octane for safety on pump gas. Now using it as a replacement for lets say, upgrading injectors, then you are going to run into issues.

FWIW I used the stock fuel filter location for my pump back 2 setups again (pre-surge tank) and put an aftermarket fuel filter inline.

My new setup though is much like Tim's. One Single Weldon 2345, never can go wrong with to much fuel pump!

Old 04-28-2011, 06:34 PM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AlphaDog28
I guess it's a good thing this is the future, and that motronic isn't a fuel only ECU. There are alway pioneers along the way that mess things up that they don't fully understand, and it's a good thing EPL has a PROFOUND understanding of how to tune this car. I tell you what...I will stop defending this technology if you call Tony and he does not endorse this as a viable alternative to the issue stated at the start of this thread.

Till then...
so you ran out of fuel to compensate for the airflow in your car and added methonal injection to make up the lack of fuel flow and and fuel pumps abilities to supply your engine with the proper a/f ratio.

Sir i think you dont fully understand what Tony Did, Meth injection is not a Primary Fuel source(straight pumped Methonal is but your not doing that). It will up your octane from the primary fuel source so you can run more timing and possibly a little more boost. But Boost is a measurement of Restriction anyways not airflow. If you need to run methonal to supply enough fuel to your car to have the proper AFR, all i have to say is INTERESTING

because in that case reverting to stock boost pressure without the Methonal the car would still not have enough fuel to have proper AFR's and you would not have an effective safe guard.

Old 04-28-2011, 07:34 PM
AlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by OS Inspector
so you ran out of fuel to compensate for the airflow in your car and added methonal injection to make up the lack of fuel flow and and fuel pumps abilities to supply your engine with the proper a/f ratio.

Sir i think you dont fully understand what Tony Did, Meth injection is not a Primary Fuel source(straight pumped Methonal is but your not doing that). It will up your octane from the primary fuel source so you can run more timing and possibly a little more boost. But Boost is a measurement of Restriction anyways not airflow. If you need to run methonal to supply enough fuel to your car to have the proper AFR, all i have to say is INTERESTING

because in that case reverting to stock boost pressure without the Methonal the car would still not have enough fuel to have proper AFR's and you would not have an effective safe guard.
Did you even read my first post? All that I asked was why wasn't a secondary fuel system considered. Generally speaking when you run out of fuel to tune with then you either need to add fuel, use fuel additive(secondary fuel) or race gas to continue tuning safely. The secondary fuel system(aka...H20/meth) is a very safe and economic way of achieving the same results when done correctly.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:01 PM
Did you even read my first post? All that I asked was why wasn't a secondary fuel system considered. Generally speaking when you run out of fuel to tune with then you either need to add fuel, use fuel additive(secondary fuel) or race gas to continue tuning safely. The secondary fuel system(aka...H20/meth) is a very safe and economic way of achieving the same results when done correctly.
Just stop it... Race fuel? if you are out of injector you are out of injector... race fuel or pump.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:02 PM
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Powell
Now Tony may correct me if I am wrong, but I've always been told by basically every tuner that using Meth. as extra fuel is always a big time no no. I know on my brothers 997TT and my car (well we never finished it up) was to use it to give us a little more octane for safety on pump gas. Now using it as a replacement for lets say, upgrading injectors, then you are going to run into issues.

FWIW I used the stock fuel filter location for my pump back 2 setups again (pre-surge tank) and put an aftermarket fuel filter inline.

My new setup though is much like Tim's. One Single Weldon 2345, never can go wrong with to much fuel pump!
This guy is running 18g's with 72lbs injectors and wants more boost. His injectors are max'd and he is talking about another fuel pump when his tuner says you are running out of fuel. To me that screams either race gas or methanol. I could see if he had a built motor and GT35's getting into a discussion about a 1000hp pump. But for goodness sakes....it's a stock motor and 18g's. How many people are even running secondary online fuel pumps on 18g's??? This is not the answer to the problem.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:05 PM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
Just stop it... Race fuel? if you are out of injector you are out of injector... race fuel or pump.
awww cmon he could plumb in some 160# injectors pushing methonal to compensate, Aquamist for President!

Old 04-28-2011, 08:10 PM
This guy is running 18g's with 72lbs injectors and wants more boost. His injectors are max'd and he is talking about another fuel pump when his tuner says you are running out of fuel. To me that screams either race gas or methanol. I could see if he had a built motor and GT35's getting into a discussion about a 1000hp pump. But for goodness sakes....it's a stock motor and 18g's. How many people are even running secondary online fuel pumps on 18g's??? This is not the answer to the problem.
AquaMist is a octane booster/IAT dropping type system its not AQUAFLOW

he can get more fuel to his engine with an inline 044 pusher pump as it can supply a higher fuel pressure to his enlarged injectors that the stock pump is failing to do so.

stock pump cant handle the large injectors at high psi wasn't designed to do so thats why all the cars with bigger power mods have to do soemthing about it.

Either A:
Bigger then 72's

B: another fuel pump to jack of the fuel rail pressure to cramp more fuel through it.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:13 PM
Yes. We can establish that. It's the octane that changes things.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:17 PM
I get the concept. All I am saying is why try to reinvent the wheel when there is a safe a viable alternative to accomplish the same goal....more power and boost.

AquaMist is a octane booster/IAT dropping type system its not AQUAFLOW

he can get more fuel to his engine with an inline 044 pusher pump as it can supply a higher fuel pressure to his enlarged injectors that the stock pump is failing to do so.

stock pump cant handle the large injectors at high psi wasn't designed to do so thats why all the cars with bigger power mods have to do soemthing about it.

Either A:
Bigger then 72's

B: another fuel pump to jack of the fuel rail pressure to cramp more fuel through it.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:22 PM
Yes. We can establish that. It's the octane that changes things.
just cause it has more octane does not mean you can Use less fuel to accomplish the goal, is what were trying to say.

octane does not overrule amount of fuel needed to properly accomplish internal combustion.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:30 PM
just cause it has more octane does not mean you can Use less fuel to accomplish the goal, is what were trying to say.
octane does not overrule amount of fuel needed to properly accomplish internal combustion.
i get that...however it does influence the ability to tune timing and avoid detonation which should consequently yield the same desired effect....more boost...as he stated in the #1 Post.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:35 PM
i get that...however it does influence the ability to tune timing and avoid detonation which should consequently yield the same desired effect....more boost...as he stated in the #1 Post.
Do some more googleing.. no fuel = no btu's = no power..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Kit for adding extra fuel pump???