996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Kit for adding extra fuel pump???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 08:43 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tim941NYC
Do some more googleing.. no fuel = no btu's = no power..
Damn, you are a better man than me arguing against total ignorance... This line of reasoning of race fuel as a susbstitute for injector is painful.... does the turbonator allow more boost....

Old 04-28-2011, 08:50 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AlphaDog28
This guy is running 18g's with 72lbs injectors and wants more boost. His injectors are max'd and he is talking about another fuel pump when his tuner says you are running out of fuel. To me that screams either race gas or methanol. I could see if he had a built motor and GT35's getting into a discussion about a 1000hp pump. But for goodness sakes....it's a stock motor and 18g's. How many people are even running secondary online fuel pumps on 18g's??? This is not the answer to the problem.
Plenty of people run the twin pump setup, hell Chris Green runs a Surge Tank setup like I use to. I was running twin pumps at 666rwhp with RC 650cc injectors with a 5bar. The car was starving for fuel up top (would lean out big time up top). Tony and I both talked about it and decided the second pump was needed.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:55 PM
AlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Powell
Plenty of people run the twin pump setup, hell Chris Green runs a Surge Tank setup like I use to. I was running twin pumps at 666rwhp with RC 650cc injectors with a 5bar. The car was starving for fuel up top (would lean out big time up top). Tony and I both talked about it and decided the second pump was needed.
I get that...but they are 18g's

Old 04-28-2011, 08:57 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
I get that...but they are 18g's
Chris Green has made 730rwhp on 18G's... You act like those turbos don't make that much power. I know Paulie's car makes well into the mid-high 600rwhp area with 18G's... They aren't as "crappy" as some make it out to be.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:57 PM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG
Damn, you are a better man than me arguing against total ignorance... This line of reasoning of race fuel as a susbstitute for injector is painful.... does the turbonator allow more boost....
I know.. congrats with your car. That thing is fast. I wish I had better access to E85.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:59 PM
AlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to beholdAlphaDog28 is a splendid one to behold
Chris Green has made 730rwhp on 18G's... You act like those turbos don't make that much power. I know Paulie's car makes well into the mid-high 600rwhp area with 18G's... They aren't as "crappy" as some make it out to be.
Hey bro I don't think they are crap at all. I just don't think they warrant a custom monster fuel pump.

Old 04-28-2011, 09:00 PM
I know.. congrats with your car. That thing is fast. I wish I had better access to E85.
I have 3 stations from me and according to the website they are both "7 miles" from me... But since I do know exactly where they are at it's a 7 mile drive that takes 30 minutes... LOL! One of my 3 settings will be for E85 since 93 to Q16 is not as simple as a timing change. Plus I had 2 tanks of bad 93 in 6 months (at name brand gas stations...). So when I did use "pump" hopefully it will be E85.

Old 04-28-2011, 09:03 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Tim, thanks for the compliment on the car. As far as the E85 goes, my buddy Tom is getting it done and he lives in Lynwood I think and works in Brooklyn. He says E85 pumps are not that rare. I have an E85 app for my Droid, just tap the screen and it gives all the E85 pumps within a couple hundred miles. He said it looks good for E85 on the Island... OK, carry on. I dont want to interupt the intellectual gymnastics on the current subject

Old 04-28-2011, 09:05 PM
Hey bro I don't think they are crap at all. I just don't think they warrant a custom monster fuel pump.
I don't see how it is monster. We installed my pump in all of 2 hours if that. Tony supplied that parts and my brother and I put it in at the house. It fits right where the stock fuel filter is and we just ran a small inline filter before it hits the rails. They make parts to hook up the stock lines to it. I don't see how that makes it monster.

This is a "little monster" system that I used until now (stock intank, 2x 044's, surge tank, 1000cc's, -6an to each rail):

This is the PUMP for my new setup that I can understand will be called a Monster setup (Weldon 2345, 1600ccs, etc...):

Had to put a picture of my hand to show the actual size.

Last edited by Powell; 04-28-2011 at 09:14 PM.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:07 PM
I don't see how it is monster. We installed my pump in all of 2 hours if that. Tony supplied that parts and my brother and I put it in at the house. It fits right where the stock fuel filter is and we just ran a small inline filter before it hits the rails. They make parts to hook up the stock lines to it. I don't see how that makes it monster.

This is a "little monster" system that I used until now (stock intank, 2x 044's, surge tank, 1000cc's, -6an to each rail):

This is the PUMP for my new setup that I can understand will be called a Monster setup (Weldon 2345, 1600ccs, etc...):
Yes...that is a monster...

Old 04-28-2011, 09:14 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
This guy is running 18g's with 72lbs injectors and wants more boost. His injectors are max'd and he is talking about another fuel pump when his tuner says you are running out of fuel. To me that screams either race gas or methanol. I could see if he had a built motor and GT35's getting into a discussion about a 1000hp pump. But for goodness sakes....it's a stock motor and 18g's. How many people are even running secondary online fuel pumps on 18g's??? This is not the answer to the problem.
HI,I am not wanting more boost,it just happened,,,When I changed my exhaust it went up almost.2 bar.....From 1.3 to 1.5 bar,felt stronger and funner...lol.........The dyno shop was in contact with Tony...He originally tuned my car,and Tony said add another fuel pump because my injectors are maxed out and then he could work with that to make even more power...I rather max out with pump gas and have options down the road......Also,John D. from Speedtech runs dual with 18gs,as does the Titan Camo car and a few Proto cars on this site.....I do not understand why you are implying that just because I have 18gs and I am maxed out in injector duty that I do not need duals......

Last edited by johnspeed; 04-28-2011 at 09:41 PM.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by johnspeed
HI,I am not wanting more boost,it just happened,,,When I changed my exhaust it went up almost.2 bar.....From 1.3 to 1.5 bar,felt stronger and funnier...lol.........The dyno shop was in contact with Tony...He originally tuned my car,and Tony said add another fuel pump because my injectors are maxed out and then he could work with that to make even more power...I rather max out with pump gas and have options down the road......Also,John D. from Speedtech runs dual with 18gs,as does the Titan Camo car and a few Proto cars on this site.....I do not understand why you are implying that just because I have 18gs and I am maxed out in injector duty that I do not need duals......
I am not saying your car can't use more fuel. I am saying you would probably get more power with the aquamist. Bang for the buck that is one of the best upgrades out there. I would be interested to know how much more ceiling there is in your car with a larger pump vs aquamist/meth inj.? My original intent was to enlighten you that there may be other alternatives out there to meet your same goal, not to insult your idea.

Old 04-28-2011, 09:23 PM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by johnspeed
HI,I am not wanting more boost,it just happened,,,When I changed my exhaust it went up almost.2 bar.....From 1.3 to 1.5 bar,felt stronger and funnier...lol.........The dyno shop was in contact with Tony...He originally tuned my car,and Tony said add another fuel pump because my injectors are maxed out and then he could work with that to make even more power...I rather max out with pump gas and have options down the road......Also,John D. from Speedtech runs dual with 18gs,as does the Titan Camo car and a few Proto cars on this site.....I do not understand why you are implying that just because I have 18gs and I am maxed out in injector duty that I do not need duals......
john i can name probably 10 cars running a 044 bosch pump inline with the stock setup. this is the cheapest/easiest route to go.

if you dont run a blow through MAF you can run it without the stock fuel filter in stock fuel filter location. if not you can put it in the tunnel where the front drive train is if you are RWD converted if not. then you guys will be exploring options outside the tried and true locations.

Old 04-28-2011, 09:37 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
HEY Guys,,Thanks for all your help and info..It is giving me ideas and options...I never thought I would be making more power on pump gas with an extra pump,I do not want to loose that free power now....OR maybe I should have Tony remap it back to 1.3...lol....I know not everyone thinks alike ,,,,But that is what makes it more educational for guys like me.....After all this site is about helping and sharing.......

Old 04-28-2011, 10:15 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Sorry for getting off topic, but I have to point out that the Porsche intake track was designed for "dry" compressed air and not as a wet air/fuel distribution system. This means that some cylinders will get more or less of the atomized unmetered ''fuel'' mixture. In the passed many people have tried to boost N/A cars and added extra injectors behind the TB and controlled them with a fuel only ecu and have blown these motors up do to uneven fuel distribution which caused lean outs.
you have mail

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Kit for adding extra fuel pump???