996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Kit for adding extra fuel pump???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 07:25 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Kit for adding extra fuel pump???

Hi Guys,Since I am running out of fuel on my set up now with new exhaust,went from 1.3 bars to1.45 bars,,dont want to turn boost down...lol......72 injectors maxed out and stock 3.8 FPR, with my K24/18gs now......I was told from Tony at EPL that I need another fuel pump.....So,are their any kind of kits that come complete or is it all custom??....Thanks for any help.......Never thought I was going to do this......lol....

Last edited by johnspeed; 04-22-2011 at 07:52 PM.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:01 PM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
Extra fuel pump? Mine is on the shelf. haha. I run one pump large enough to handle the power I plan on making with the motor its feeding. One pump fails the motor stops running, two pumps with one dieing the motor will run and you will not know until you your holding full boost.

Old 04-22-2011, 11:13 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
HI,That makes sense..What pump are you talking about,the Bosch 044??Thanks

Old 04-23-2011, 12:16 AM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
I believe the markski/911 tuning may be the best source for this. They have a protomotive type setup which I believe goes in the place of the fuel filter near the back of the car and does with a lower profile filter.

From there any custom tune should work.

Old 04-23-2011, 12:51 AM
jalmood has a spectacular aura aboutjalmood has a spectacular aura aboutjalmood has a spectacular aura about
could anyone paste a link on where to buy a second fuel pump and where does it usually install in the engine compartment or the front boot?

Old 04-23-2011, 04:44 AM
Banned
Boostholic is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by johnspeed
Hi Guys,Since I am running out of fuel on my set up now with new exhaust,went from 1.3 bars to1.45 bars,,dont want to turn boost down...lol......72 injectors maxed out and stock 3.8 FPR, with my K24/18gs now......I was told from Tony at EPL that I need another fuel pump.....So,are their any kind of kits that come complete or is it all custom??....Thanks for any help.......Never thought I was going to do this......lol....
5bar reg or 80lbs injectors will not be enough??

Old 04-23-2011, 09:57 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
our second pump set up only works with the blow thru system due to the space limitation...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 04-23-2011, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by MARKSKI@911tuning
our second pump set up only works with the blow thru system due to the space limitation...

HI Mark,Thanks but I do not have a blow threw set up.Did you or can you put one on a factory style set up??

Old 04-23-2011, 10:32 AM
Originally Posted by Boostholic
5bar reg or 80lbs injectors will not be enough??
HI,According to Tony at EPL,a 5 bar would not help???Maybe he could step in and explain it to you better..... I do not know what the pressure is suppose to be yet.........But when we put a guage on it while doing a dyno pull,it went to a max of about 70 then went down to 65.......

Old 04-23-2011, 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by jalmood
could anyone paste a link on where to buy a second fuel pump and where does it usually install in the engine compartment or the front boot?
HI,I think John D. from SpeedTech runs 2 pumps with a stock intake set-up??Maybe he can step in....Thanks

Old 04-23-2011, 10:40 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
injectors alone are not enough ....
I know you dont have a blow thru....
Yes its doable but its a a pain in the butt making it fit.... thats why not too many tuners have this option available.. if any...
As far as one blowing vs the other.... then running on one only.... we hook ours up to the stock relay....

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 04-23-2011, 11:12 AM
jalmood has a spectacular aura aboutjalmood has a spectacular aura aboutjalmood has a spectacular aura about
Is a retune required to fit in a second fuel pump?

Old 04-23-2011, 12:24 PM
earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by johnspeed
HI,According to Tony at EPL,a 5 bar would not help???Maybe he could step in and explain it to you better..... I do not know what the pressure is suppose to be yet.........But when we put a guage on it while doing a dyno pull,it went to a max of about 70 then went down to 65.......
You're out of fuel pump - as you showed with the pressure gauge, the stock pump cannot supply 3.8 bar of differential pressure to your injectors at their given duty cycle, thus a 5 bar would only make things worse. The injectors themselves are plenty for your setup if you can keep fuel pressure at 3.8 bar, hence the recommendation for a more capable fuel pump.

Old 04-23-2011, 12:55 PM
HI ,Yes that makes perfect sense..Thanks for explanation...So class we learned that K24/18gs can and do max out the factory fuel pump if you want the most out of them,even on pump gas ,,,,now to help fix this problem....lol.....

Old 04-23-2011, 02:38 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
This is exactly what GIAC told me.

Originally Posted by earl3
You're out of fuel pump - as you showed with the pressure gauge, the stock pump cannot supply 3.8 bar of differential pressure to your injectors at their given duty cycle, thus a 5 bar would only make things worse. The injectors themselves are plenty for your setup if you can keep fuel pressure at 3.8 bar, hence the recommendation for a more capable fuel pump.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Kit for adding extra fuel pump???