996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

It Fits, everything's good

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 10:56 AM
doscazadores is infamous around these parts
It Fits, everything's good

I hesitated to pull the trigger on the 2002 GT2 because of the limits of my "parkable" garage space. I drastically cut down on my workspace and squeezed the new car in with the '97TT. I estimated I had about 5" to spare and turned out I had a little more. We're good now.

Attached Images   
Old 04-23-2011, 11:12 AM
shtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud of
Well done, and congratulations! I am sure you are glad now you went through with it.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:49 AM
Hayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to behold
Hey,, where did you find that? Did I miss the thread!? Congrats, Bro. Knock a wall out!

That car looks familiar, too.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:52 AM
Hayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to behold
You need these! Today!

Greg Smith Equipment Floor Dollies

Old 04-23-2011, 02:39 PM
[quote=Hayabusa;3185870]Hey,, where did you find that? Did I miss the thread!? Congrats, Bro. Knock a wall out!

Nah, you didn't miss anything. I was just keeping quiet in case the deal didn't get done. Looks like it cost me a girlfriend though. Really high price motorcar in that sense.
The dollies look like a good suggestion. Might take a whack at those. Thanks for the point, Chris.
The handling difference between the new one and the 993TT was a revelation. I thought it would be better but there is really little in the way of comparison once you get past the steering wheel, though it was brought to my attention the tires on the GT2 right now, Hoosiers, have a lot to do with it. Whatever, I'm enjoying the ride so far.

Old 04-23-2011, 04:40 PM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
The Porsches will be more loyal than any girlfriend.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:20 PM
[quote=doscazadores;3185963]
Originally Posted by Hayabusa
Hey,, where did you find that? Did I miss the thread!? Congrats, Bro. Knock a wall out!

Nah, you didn't miss anything. I was just keeping quiet in case the deal didn't get done. Looks like it cost me a girlfriend though. Really high price motorcar in that sense.
The dollies look like a good suggestion. Might take a whack at those. Thanks for the point, Chris.
The handling difference between the new one and the 993TT was a revelation. I thought it would be better but there is really little in the way of comparison once you get past the steering wheel, though it was brought to my attention the tires on the GT2 right now, Hoosiers, have a lot to do with it. Whatever, I'm enjoying the ride so far.
I'm glad you brought up that point. Would it be worth the effort to acquire the 1995-98 911 GT (993 GT2) like this one that is for sale, if money were no issue, and you compared the two GT2's side by side,,,

Would you only be purchasing exclusivity (1of50) over a better more technologically advanced 996 GT2 for a third of the asking price not to mention shipping and additional taxes associated with whatever country you buy it from.

Obvious stats are;

993 GT2
lighter - 2520 lbs +/-
Shorter wheel base
Air/oil cooled. Limiting ultimate horsepower #'s

996 GT2
500lbs. heavier
Longer wheel base
Water/oil cooled. Yielding +1000 whp

So, clearly a revelation like the one you gave , because you own both (well sort of) must surely be good advise to listen to when considering one over the other. All cash aside of course.

It would be cool to hear a 993 911 GT owner jump in on this for that perspective.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:52 PM
Originally Posted by Hayabusa

. . .

So, clearly a revelation like the one you gave , because you own both (well sort of) must surely be good advise to listen to when considering one over the other. All cash aside of course.

It would be cool to hear a 993 911 GT owner jump in on this for that perspective.
Chris, I don't have the technical or driving experience to offer much of value. All I have is about a day and a half in the GT2. It's a little faster but much, much better handling. Ceramic breaks are awesome. As for the quality of the build though the 993 is far superior. I was going to sell the 993 to help pay for the GT2 but I've decided to try to tough it out and keep it. At least that's my present state of mind. With me, that could change in 24 hours; several times.

Old 04-24-2011, 08:02 AM
Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !
The price you pay to have 2 great cars, gf ahh who needs one.

Old 04-24-2011, 08:22 AM
shtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud of
So what happened with the girlfriend? If buying another great car was a deal-breaker for her, then it was not meant to be. None of my business of course, but you brought it up. Sorry about that, but congrats again on an awesome car. Chicks will never understand it. I am fortunate that I have a wife that at least tolerates my passions.... usually.

Old 04-24-2011, 08:53 AM
Originally Posted by shtfrbrains
So what happened with the girlfriend? If buying another great car was a deal-breaker for her, then it was not meant to be. None of my business of course, but you brought it up. Sorry about that, but congrats again on an awesome car. Chicks will never understand it. I am fortunate that I have a wife that at least tolerates my passions.... usually.
Yep, should not have brought it up.

Old 04-24-2011, 09:55 AM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by doscazadores
. Looks like it cost me a girlfriend though. Really high price motorcar in that sense..
Yeah,,,well still cheaper than a wife.

Old 04-24-2011, 07:39 PM
AlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud of

Old 04-24-2011, 08:36 PM
vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !
^^^ Fact.