996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

New Pics : X73 & 18" O.Z Alleggerita

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 08:45 PM
SaMaS is just really niceSaMaS is just really niceSaMaS is just really niceSaMaS is just really niceSaMaS is just really nice
car looks great !

Old 04-27-2011, 09:15 PM
RiA
RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TekNiC3

Yes, 15mm in the front and 7mm in the rear.

Is the offset adjusted numbers using the spacers or did you add the spacers in addition to those offsets?

Old 04-27-2011, 10:42 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RiA
Is the offset adjusted numbers using the spacers or did you add the spacers in addition to those offsets?
A 15 mm spacer on a +38 front wheel giving you an effective offset of +23??? How are you not rubbing?????

Old 04-28-2011, 12:59 AM
TekNiC3 is infamous around these partsTekNiC3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by pat
Nice. but I am partial
Thanks

Originally Posted by nick49
Patiently waiting for my "mean-ness"

I bought some 19" Oz Ultraleggera matte black with 235 and 325 meats. Hopefully will have them any day. Can't wait to get the Harley chrome off my car. I do love my car but sometimes I'm a bit self conscious and a little embarrased to drive it with chrome wheels. Nothing wrong with them per say, just not at all me, I don't even wear a watch or ring and haven't worn a gold chain since the '80s.
Yeah, I'm not really into Chrome either. Those Ultraleggera will look great!

Originally Posted by Nikolas
I love my Alleggerittas!
Almost like twins

Originally Posted by SaMaS
car looks great !
Thanks!

Originally Posted by RiA
They have been adjusted for the spacers.
+53 fronts and +51 rears without the spacers.

Originally Posted by johnselli
A 15 mm spacer on a +38 front wheel giving you an effective offset of +23??? How are you not rubbing?????
Sorry, I should have been more clear. +38 and +44 offset figures were taking into account the spacers.

Old 04-28-2011, 01:06 AM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
The great thing about your setup is that it will fit any 996 wide (with or without spacers), 997 Wide and 997 Narrow.

Old 04-28-2011, 09:06 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Have you noticed any difference in handling with the lighter Alleggeritas?

Old 04-28-2011, 09:10 AM
AusRedNeck is infamous around these parts
Looks great, don't usually like black wheels on black paint, but that looks sweet.

Old 04-28-2011, 09:44 AM
RiA
RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TekNiC3

They have been adjusted for the spacers.
+53 fronts and +51 rears without the spacers.
Thanks for clarifying - your setup is within 1mm in the front, and identical in the rear in comparison to what I'm running with my GT3RS wheelset in 19".

I keep thinking about bumping the rear out 7mm more on each side, but I already have plated the wheel lug bolts black and don't want to go through the expense and effort of new bolts, plating, and rolling fenders just for a little wider stance.

They look great on your car and fit very nicely.

Old 04-28-2011, 09:56 AM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Nice looking black 996tt,nice wheels also...i like them.

Old 04-28-2011, 04:33 PM
TekNiC3 is infamous around these partsTekNiC3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ari
The great thing about your setup is that it will fit any 996 wide (with or without spacers), 997 Wide and 997 Narrow.
Guess these will be a little easier to sell

These will be on the market soon.

Originally Posted by landjet
Have you noticed any difference in handling with the lighter Alleggeritas?
Compared to the 19" Kinesis, the car feels more stable in corners. I think this mainly has to do with the tires having a taller sidewall.

The Kinesis I have on now are actually pretty light as well so the difference is not so significant with these Alleggeritas.

Originally Posted by AusRedNeck
Looks great, don't usually like black wheels on black paint, but that looks sweet.
Thanks! I tried a set of gloss black Forgestars but didn't like the look. The matte finish of these wheels go with the car much better.

Originally Posted by RiA
Thanks for clarifying - your setup is within 1mm in the front, and identical in the rear in comparison to what I'm running with my GT3RS wheelset in 19".

I keep thinking about bumping the rear out 7mm more on each side, but I already have plated the wheel lug bolts black and don't want to go through the expense and effort of new bolts, plating, and rolling fenders just for a little wider stance.

They look great on your car and fit very nicely.
I had a set of narrow body 997 GT3 wheels on prior. Had them on the rear with 30mm spacers, creating an effective offset of +38. I thought that was perfect.

But I hear you on the added cost and the added hassle. 7mm isn't a whole lot of difference.

Originally Posted by rdss
Nice looking black 996tt,nice wheels also...i like them.
Thanks!

Old 04-28-2011, 07:06 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Those look like great light wheels and they are available thru tirerack, nice bonus to know they can fit a bunch of cars if you sell them eventually

Old 04-28-2011, 10:53 PM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
car looks stellar well done

Old 05-01-2011, 07:28 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Damn, nice!!

Old 02-10-2012, 03:49 AM
sonicsearcher is infamous around these parts
Hi there,
nice pics and car!
I am planning on installing the same wheelset on my 2004 996 Turbo Cabrio.
Therefor I have a question. You write:
"Wheel - Tire specs:
18x8.5 +38 - 235/40/18
18x12.0 +44 - 315/30/18"
What´s the "+38" and "+44"? Is that the spacers that you use (divided by 2)?
What offsets do you use for front and rear?

Here in Germany I need to get all changes on the car approved by a technical inspection agency. For that purpose OZ has sent me a report stating a 40 milimeter offset in the front and a 45 milimeters offset for the rear. Is that waht you use?
Did you have to do any bending on the body?

Thank you for your reply and best wishes from ice cold Bavaria
Marcus

Old 02-10-2012, 07:09 AM
2K7TTMIA is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sonicsearcher
"Wheel - Tire specs:
18x8.5 +38 - 235/40/18
18x12.0 +44 - 315/30/18"
What´s the "+38" and "+44"? Is that the spacers that you use (divided by 2)?
What offsets do you use for front and rear?

Here in Germany I need to get all changes on the car approved by a technical inspection agency. For that purpose OZ has sent me a report stating a 40 milimeter offset in the front and a 45 milimeters offset for the rear. Is that waht you use?
Did you have to do any bending on the body?

Thank you for your reply and best wishes from ice cold Bavaria
Marcus
Welcome Marcus.
the "+38" is the effective offset in mm. the real offset initially was et53mm, then by adding a 15mm spacer, the result was a 38mm offset on the fronts. Remember, the front is also 8.5inches wide, which is non-standard; likewise, his rear wheel had an et of 51mm, then the OP added a 7mm spacer to create the effective et of 44mm, but on a 12inch wide wheel. the numbers are close to what you state which the technical inspection agency (TIA) may/ may not have a problem with.
being in Germany, they pry will have a problem, because they are aftermarket specs.

Also, the OP has increased the sizes of the tires to 235/315, so clearances may be a problem with the suspension, intercoolers, wheel wells, if your car is lowered.
If you are purchasing the same 8.5 /12 wide wheels, you may need to add spacers with this set-up, which changes the TIA specs. Add the spacers, AFTER the inspection.

Last edited by 2K7TTMIA; 02-10-2012 at 07:26 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Pics : X73 & 18" O.Z Alleggerita