996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Shake your money tree! New EVO Venturi-style Air Intake

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 10:06 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
I ordered one from Stephen at IA. Stephen, go ahead and send it over to SG.

Craig

Last edited by Craig; 04-02-2005 at 10:36 PM.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:32 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Good one Craig

Old 04-02-2005, 10:33 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by MANA
I don't have any cool magazine lovin'

I also don't have a GHEY TIP ...
You will.. you will As long as you go Tip..

Old 04-03-2005, 08:16 AM
Porsche Rocks
maxjamie is infamous around these parts
any issues with mass air sensor/ CEL etc? (similar to the NA 996 conical filters) How often does the conical filter need to be changed? Is the growl with acceleration pretty noticeable in a relatively stock TT? Overall seems pretty awesome! I haven't seen these type of air intake for a TT before, why now are these available I wonder??

Old 04-03-2005, 09:58 AM
MANA is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by sharkster
You will.. you will As long as you go Tip..
I wonder if EVO could do a 6 speed to tip conversion ...

Old 04-03-2005, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by maxjamie
any issues with mass air sensor/ CEL etc? (similar to the NA 996 conical filters) How often does the conical filter need to be changed? Is the growl with acceleration pretty noticeable in a relatively stock TT? Overall seems pretty awesome! I haven't seen these type of air intake for a TT before, why now are these available I wonder??
The intake has been a long time coming but it is here now I remember Todd talking about how critical the positioning of the MAF was and hence they've made sure that it's in the same region as stock.

The filter is like any other filter, you'd clean/change it every 40k or so. Seeing as I can here it in mine with a super-loud exhaust I would say "yes" in answer to your question.

Old 04-03-2005, 11:54 AM
SilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud of
ooh!
30 hp? really?

any warranty issues if we change airfilters to the evo?

Old 04-03-2005, 12:07 PM
They'd be more worried about your ECU I would guess But not around here no...

Old 04-03-2005, 12:15 PM
schnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant future
I installed an Evo intake on my car - definitely makes a fun sound, as you can hear the BPV's blowing back into the intake piping (not like a BOV, much much more subdued). Makes the turbos whoosh more, if you will.

Not sure how it sounds on the Turbo, but 30hp is nothing to sneeze at (if it is indeed that high).

Old 04-04-2005, 02:07 AM
KJM3 is infamous around these parts
If my ECU is already flashed, do I have to get my car flashed again after installing the intake? Or is just a straight bolt-on part?

Thanks,
KJ

Old 04-04-2005, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by KJM3
If my ECU is already flashed, do I have to get my car flashed again after installing the intake? Or is just a straight bolt-on part?

Thanks,
KJ
Nope no need for an update and it's a bolt on, although my guess is that there could be another update soon

Old 04-04-2005, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by maxjamie
Hi Max, not at all. Todd was real careful to make sure of the exact positioning (includind the depth) of the MAF in comparison to stock. Last year when he saw my set up he explained the importance of that and after a lot of testing there are NO CELs or any of that. You can certainly hear more of a "whoosh" as well as more feedback from the DVs

It took so long before anything came out because of the reason I mentioned above and the inability of actually getting cold air in as opposed to hot air.

Old 04-04-2005, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by GoWide
I installed an Evo intake on my car - definitely makes a fun sound, as you can hear the BPV's blowing back into the intake piping (not like a BOV, much much more subdued). Makes the turbos whoosh more, if you will.

Not sure how it sounds on the Turbo, but 30hp is nothing to sneeze at (if it is indeed that high).
That's exactly what it's like on the TT...

Old 04-04-2005, 09:04 AM
Robert Linton is a splendid one to beholdRobert Linton is a splendid one to beholdRobert Linton is a splendid one to beholdRobert Linton is a splendid one to beholdRobert Linton is a splendid one to beholdRobert Linton is a splendid one to beholdRobert Linton is a splendid one to beholdRobert Linton is a splendid one to behold
I'm as bit confused. Are you saying that if I put this gadget on a stock Type 996 (GT2, Turbo, Turbo S), i.e., without any other modifications whatsoever, it will increase power by 30 HP? And, if that's so, is it 30 HP on an engine dyno or at the wheels?

Old 04-04-2005, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Robert Linton
I'm as bit confused. Are you saying that if I put this gadget on a stock Type 996 (GT2, Turbo, Turbo S), i.e., without any other modifications whatsoever, it will increase power by 30 HP? And, if that's so, is it 30 HP on an engine dyno or at the wheels?
It's crank hp... on the 600 kit (increased boost) it did 24RHWP.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Shake your money tree! New EVO Venturi-style Air Intake