996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Shake your money tree! New EVO Venturi-style Air Intake

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 10:07 AM
Johnfromjersey is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by sharkster
It's crank hp... on the 600 kit (increased boost) it did 24RHWP.
how much time was allowed for adaption?

Old 04-04-2005, 10:14 AM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Power gains on a stock 996TT were in the 10-15 HP range. On a highly modified 996TT we have seen as much as 20-30HP. Power gains will vary depending on boost/power level and on other aftermarket components that are installed on the engine.

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds
Old 04-04-2005, 10:18 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Todd @ EVO
Power gains on a stock 996TT were in the 10-15 HP range. On a highly modified 996TT we have seen as much as 20-30HP. Power gains will vary depending on boost/power level and on other aftermarket components that are installed on the engine.
Thanks for the clarification

Old 04-04-2005, 02:48 PM
Paul2x is infamous around these parts
would having the whole pannel filter exposed "like on Sharky old set-up " actually have more surface area!?

I know what you mean about the "spot" on the flat pannel filters, but, with the exposed pannel your pulling air from quite a large area,

Sharky, did you dyno your's?

that would answer my questions.

thanks,

Paul

Old 04-04-2005, 03:05 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Paul2x
would having the whole pannel filter exposed "like on Sharky old set-up " actually have more surface area!?

I know what you mean about the "spot" on the flat pannel filters, but, with the exposed pannel your pulling air from quite a large area,

Sharky, did you dyno your's?

that would answer my questions.

thanks,

Paul
As Todd explained a while ago to me, all I was really doing was sucking in a bunch of hot air. The filter's surface area is larger than you think. The diameter of the cone is large even if it's not "long". It's as large as will fit there.... I'll dyno once the new motor is broken in a bit:P

Old 04-04-2005, 03:16 PM
Johnfromjersey is infamous around these parts
can anyone answer my question?

I ask about the time alllowed for adaption becuase this can provide much variance in respect to the output displayed on the dyno readout.

I think this should be addressed and graphs should should be provided with details in regards to time of install, time allowed for adaption, air temp, humidiity, what mods the car had, what year, etc.

Not doubting your findings, just interested in knowing more. Thanks

Old 04-04-2005, 04:36 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Some pros told me that what Sharky did (exposed the filter more) is not a bad thing... but should funnel it off and cut out and a hole on the inside cover lid.. so u dont get any engine heat. I have a Gembella wing and dont think i can use this new air box .

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 04-04-2005, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Johnfromjersey
can anyone answer my question?

I ask about the time alllowed for adaption becuase this can provide much variance in respect to the output displayed on the dyno readout.

I think this should be addressed and graphs should should be provided with details in regards to time of install, time allowed for adaption, air temp, humidiity, what mods the car had, what year, etc.

Not doubting your findings, just interested in knowing more. Thanks
Hi John,

Sorry it was late last night and I thought I had answered your q. I do not know how much "adaptation" was done in tems of miles before the dyno but knowing Todd I'm sure he put a few miles on it first and then dynoed.

I'll do a write up on the install (it's ever so simple and anyone can do it) soon but the time frame is likely 30minutes.

I have the dynos at the office so on Monday I'll post them. The 24RWHP gain was done on the EVO Stage IV kit (600hp) with K24s, headers and GIAC software (plus DV's).

I'll have more for you tomorrow....

Old 04-04-2005, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by MARKSKI
Some pros told me that what Sharky did (exposed the filter more) is not a bad thing... but should funnel it off and cut out and a hole on the inside cover lid.. so u dont get any engine heat. I have a Gembella wing and dont think i can use this new air box .
Yep you can use it:P Mike told me they're made it fit any wing Just make sure you let me know "which" wing first and then you'll get the right box....

Old 04-05-2005, 01:16 PM
RCH
Banned
RCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really nice
Has anybody but sharky tried this ?

and wants to have a rave as I already have a cut down airbox ?

Old 04-05-2005, 02:07 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Alex,
The box does not do me any good since my conventional cold air intake chute is no longer existent due to the 3rd intercooler.

My cold air enters the engine compartment through the two foward facing "snouts" on my wing. I think I can benefit from the larger area cone-type filter though. Can I get that separately???

Old 04-05-2005, 02:20 PM
Hmmm interesting point Ken... So when you close the lid does the intercooler completely cover the airbox? If not then what you could also do is still use the kit but remove the grill from the decklid and let cold air in that way also? Let me talk to Mike and see what's what

Old 04-05-2005, 03:34 PM
here's our product page for it for more info...
http://www.akkuratpgi.com/products.php?pid=19

Old 04-06-2005, 11:52 AM
RCH
Banned
RCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really nice
Still looking

for another user report after install

Old 04-08-2005, 01:10 PM
RCH
Banned
in reality the OEM

TT air filter ( at least in Europe) is far better than even a BMC item, which lies on my garage shelf. If you have a cut back airbock with the OEM filter, you will probably LOOSE power with this set up !!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Shake your money tree! New EVO Venturi-style Air Intake