996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

997 Sport Seats significantly more comfortable?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 01:37 AM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
997 Sport Seats significantly more comfortable?

I'm seeing that the 997 seats are a bolt in affair. For anyone that has done these? Are they at least a bit more comfortable?

BTW the fact that a 996/997 seats, roll cage an related mounting points are identical shows just close the cars are beneath the skin.

Old 05-03-2011, 03:52 AM
vshugo996 is a splendid one to beholdvshugo996 is a splendid one to beholdvshugo996 is a splendid one to beholdvshugo996 is a splendid one to beholdvshugo996 is a splendid one to beholdvshugo996 is a splendid one to beholdvshugo996 is a splendid one to behold
I have 997 TT Sport Seats in my 996TT. These seats are more comfortable and looks amazing.

Old 05-03-2011, 07:55 AM
DYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to all
997 Sport Seats are definitely a great upgrade both visually and ergonomically. If you have 996 Sport Seats they are a bit of an upgrade, if you have 996 standard seats they are a huge upgrade.

Old 05-03-2011, 08:18 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Plus 1 on the 997 sport seats. I found some GT3 take outs with the Alcantara seat inserts. Bolsters are much better for holding you in the seats. The airbag in the side of the seat will not work because there is no corresponding connection in the 996, but maybe your tech could do additional wiring to make it work, I didn't. The wiring connectors between the new seats and the 996 are different so have to be clipped off and a compatible connector installed. Other than that the seats bolt right in. I love these seats.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:35 AM
seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !
How's the lumbar support on the 997 Sport Seats? I have the regular 996 seats, and they're terrible. (The OO spent $15G in leather upgrades on the interior, but didn't get the sport seats. I don't get it.)

Old 05-03-2011, 10:41 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
It's good IMO. In my other vehicle I use a cushion in the small of my back but not in the Porsche.

Old 05-03-2011, 11:43 AM
turbo_banker is infamous around these parts
The 997TT I was looking at purchasing recently had the sports seats and they were almost enough alone to convince me to buy it! Really really nice, not sure where you could buy them though? Would imagine them to be prohibitively expensive from Porsche direct??

Old 05-03-2011, 01:54 PM
Carbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond repute
I love a good supportive seat, but the 996 sport seats dig into my upper back/shoulder area and are uncomfortable. I sat in the 997 sport seats at the dealer and was very impressed with them both from a support and comfort/ergonomic standpoint. I hope to upgrade to some 997 sport seats with alcantara in the future.

Old 05-03-2011, 04:41 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by turbo_banker
The 997TT I was looking at purchasing recently had the sports seats and they were almost enough alone to convince me to buy it! Really really nice, not sure where you could buy them though? Would imagine them to be prohibitively expensive from Porsche direct??
Several 997 owners, especially those who track their cars, have changed their seats for racing buckets. You can often get a pretty good deal on a used set.

Old 05-03-2011, 05:39 PM
Banned
porka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant future
i run them.. the only seat i would perfer would be the carbon fiber gt2 seats!

Old 05-03-2011, 06:48 PM
jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !
Do want ...

Old 05-03-2011, 08:25 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
I'm hoping to pick up a set of 997 Sport seats one of these days, so appreciate hearing all the continued positive feedback.

Old 05-03-2011, 08:48 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
My car has the stock 996 sport seats with painted seatbacks. No lumbar support however or heat.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:15 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Both the standard sport and adaptive sport seats on the 997 have much better lumbar support compared to the 996 seats. In fact, the adaptive sport seats are by far the most comfortable seats I have ever sat in...but they are very very heavy. Somewhere around 60-65 lbs each, if I remember correctly.

The GT2 carbon fiber seats, on the other hand, are by far the most uncomfortable OEM seats I have ever been in, especially if you are short.
bob

Old 05-04-2011, 11:11 AM
Carbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond repute
Will any 997 sport seats work with the memory function on the power seats of a 996TT?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 Sport Seats significantly more comfortable?