996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Ferris Bueller's day off

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 01:41 PM
Hayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to behold
"What country do you think this is?"

Attached Images  
Old 05-17-2011, 04:56 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
think how bad he will feel if he wrecks the beast.... think about his feelings (now theres a load of crap)

Old 05-17-2011, 05:15 PM
shtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud of
My vote is no, unless you really just don't car about your car that much. Here is the thing; If he damages something, sure you can repair it, but every time someone outside of the Porsche factory works on your car, you encounter the likelihood that it will never be quite the same. If it's just a daily driver of yours that you will some day replace and not look back, fine. If it's your pride and joy that you meticulously and obsessively maintain, I would think twice.

Old 05-17-2011, 06:03 PM
Aerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by MY996TT
You are a very generous guy. I'm a guy who honor "words are binding". To me, he broke the binding the first time, I would give him no second chance. If he wants to show off with a turbo, tell him to work hard, earn his money, and buy his own.
Agreed. Did he fess up to it or is he acting like there was nothing unusual about the day (i.e. just another normal 200+ miles worth of errands to run )? I'd be less concerned about any damage he could do to the car and more concerned about whether I was getting the straight scoop.

Old 05-17-2011, 06:13 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
I realize it's ONLY a car, BUT...it still cost money and/or takes time to fix. My rule to anyone that wants to drive my car: If you can fix it, (yourself OR pay for it to be fixed) you may drive it. No takers yet....except my tuner...

Old 05-18-2011, 08:16 PM
pat
pat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like 11 out of 19 in favor, but now my wife wants to drive it if Jordan can. Well that changes everything. Now what should I do . I better check with my insurance agent.

Old 05-18-2011, 09:05 PM
shtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by pat
Looks like 11 out of 19 in favor, but now my wife wants to drive it if Jordan can. Well that changes everything. Now what should I do . I better check with my insurance agent.
You opened the door, now slam is closed before it's too late.

Old 05-18-2011, 09:58 PM
Aerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by pat
I don't think insurance should be an issue (unless you need it as an excuse ). Typically, all licensed drivers in your household are covered (which is why the rates are so high if you have a teenager who is licensed, regardless of whether they have their own car). Also, any licensed driver that you loan the car to is covered as well. At least that's how it works in my area.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:09 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by my996tt
you are a very generous guy. I'm a guy who honor "words are binding". To me, he broke the binding the first time, i would give him no second chance. If he wants to show off with a turbo, tell him to work hard, earn his money, and buy his own.
+++++++++++++++++++++++1

Old 05-19-2011, 09:13 AM
Tj Hunter is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ttboost
I realize it's ONLY a car, BUT...it still cost money and/or takes time to fix. My rule to anyone that wants to drive my car: If you can fix it, (yourself OR pay for it to be fixed) you may drive it. No takers yet....except my tuner...
I am going to need to make a trip to CT then

Old 05-19-2011, 09:19 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tj Hunter
I am going to need to make a trip to CT then
I'm sure there are faster cars to joyride in, much closer to home!!!

Old 05-19-2011, 09:44 AM
AlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud ofAlexN has much to be proud of
to continue with the analogy from the cinema world, you should be more like this guy

Old 05-19-2011, 10:05 AM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
It depends on what your car means to you,there are two points of view.Someone said "it's just a car" but for many of us is NOT just a car.It is something very special that's part of us.

Do what you feel like it...................maybe later the gardener needs to go buy some plants in your turbo and for someone it maybe ok.BUT someone else may shoot that guy on the leg just for asking

Old 05-19-2011, 10:56 AM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
"Relax man, we're professionals..."

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 05-19-2011, 11:42 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
...professional what.....? :-)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ferris Bueller's day off