996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Ferris Bueller's day off

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 07:46 PM
pat
pat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond repute
Ferris Bueller's day off

So my 25 yr old son in law needed a car for a day because he had to get a few errands run. What better car than the turbo. I loaned him the turbo for the day, what's ten miles or so. The next day and two hundred and twenty miles later I got the turbo back. Races were raced, rides were given, errands were run and many other things of that nature. The car was returned washed ( at my expense and with a full tank ). So Jordan has been asking for another ferris buelers day off, should I give him another.

Old 05-16-2011, 07:50 PM
NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !
You can't take 'em with ya folks.

Enjoy the car! Let the family do the same!

Old 05-16-2011, 07:57 PM
code7rpd has a spectacular aura aboutcode7rpd has a spectacular aura about
Considering he obviously has good taste in cars I would say YES!

Old 05-16-2011, 08:26 PM
Wolk's Wagon is infamous around these partsWolk's Wagon is infamous around these parts
Hopefully he didn't miss a shift while racing your car for you.

Old 05-16-2011, 08:28 PM
vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !
Being 25, I am required to help him out and say yes.

(As long as he knows how to drive, you don't want him out there smashing gears...)

Old 05-16-2011, 08:36 PM
Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pat
So my 25 yr old son in law needed a car for a day because he had to get a few errands run. What better car than the turbo. I loaned him the turbo for the day, what's ten miles or so. The next day and two hundred and twenty miles later I got the turbo back. Races were raced, rides were given, errands were run and many other things of that nature. The car was returned washed ( at my expense and with a full tank ). So Jordan has been asking for another ferris buelers day off, should I give him another.
Wow what a generous guy you are and it sounds like your son in law thoroughly enjoyed his time driving your car. Not really in a position to offer much insight on the situation since I am not much older than your son in law and I don't ever let anyone drive my car. Guess it's up to you. Sounds like he was up to quite a bit of shenanigans in the car. I would put down some specific rules if you let him take it again.

Old 05-16-2011, 09:37 PM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
You are a very generous guy. I'm a guy who honor "words are binding". To me, he broke the binding the first time, I would give him no second chance. If he wants to show off with a turbo, tell him to work hard, earn his money, and buy his own.

Old 05-16-2011, 11:49 PM
falcon7x7 is a splendid one to beholdfalcon7x7 is a splendid one to beholdfalcon7x7 is a splendid one to beholdfalcon7x7 is a splendid one to beholdfalcon7x7 is a splendid one to beholdfalcon7x7 is a splendid one to beholdfalcon7x7 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by my996tt
you are a very generous guy. I'm a guy who honor "words are binding". To me, he broke the binding the first time, i would give him no second chance. If he wants to show off with a turbo, tell him to work hard, earn his money, and buy his own.
+100!

Old 05-17-2011, 02:23 AM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Careful you could end up like Risky Business

Old 05-17-2011, 06:14 AM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
Let him ride! its only a car!

Old 05-17-2011, 06:14 AM
seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Duane996tt
Careful you could end up like Risky Business
"Are you the U-Boat Commander?"

Old 05-17-2011, 07:00 AM
buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !
depends if he knows how to drive it properly or not, if hes trashing your tranny and clutch for 200 miles i wouldnt be too happy, if hes driving it correctly and just having some spirited runs without neglecting the car then i would probably loan it to him again, if you dont want him exceeding a certain mileage amount tell him

i borrowed my uncles bmw when i was 25, he noticed a ding in one of the rims when i came back, i had not done it but he didnt remember doing it himself, i still think he thinks i did it, (i remember when he did it, i was in the car at the time, big pothole, not sure why he didnt remember)

Old 05-17-2011, 12:26 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by seth_horwitz
"Are you the U-Boat Commander?"
I'm sure he'll remember the parking brake.....

Old 05-17-2011, 01:06 PM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
depends whats important to you and how he treats it.
i cant trust people enough anymore noone fixes things they break or mess up. and with a highly modified car its usually a handful to drive, not for someone who doesn't already own a car as fast.

Old 05-17-2011, 01:20 PM
Tj Hunter is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MY996TT
You are a very generous guy. I'm a guy who honor "words are binding". To me, he broke the binding the first time, I would give him no second chance. If he wants to show off with a turbo, tell him to work hard, earn his money, and buy his own.
Ill third that, did he say he was only going to use it for errands, then used a whole tank or two? If you dont think he will mess anything up and respects your car, then its your call. I personally only let a FEW people touch my cars, mainly because I am VERY specific as to my warm up requirements. These are HIGH PERFORMANCE MACHINES, and like any thing that has a specific purpose certain precautions need to be taken to make the machine work and sustain its level of performance.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ferris Bueller's day off