996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Some Pics and Thoughts from my Infineon Track Day

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 10:01 AM
Aerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant future
Some Pics and Thoughts from my Infineon Track Day

You might have seen my earlier post on my first track event in a 996TT (previous track experience all in Miatas):

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...nto-track.html

Well, I'm pleased to report that I've done a second event up at Infineon. I was a little concerned (not really) that the luster would have worn off a bit -- but I can confidently say that it was even more fun. Uh oh -- this kind of trend means more events and more $$$ .

Infineon was definitely a more challenging track (now I know what folks mean by calling it a more "technical" track). For example, at Laguna, there are generally straight segments coming out of most turns where the line can be corrected if you weren't perfect in the previous turn. At Infineon, there are many more turns right after turns -- making it much more important to have the right line. I must say that the walls add a little something to the excitement as well . Guess I'm hooked .

I know that track pictures start to look the same after a while -- but here are a few from my day. After an event, you just feel like you have to share the excitement! (BTW, I like the way the camera caught the thermals near the back of the car in the last shot).

Old 05-29-2011, 12:32 PM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
Nice pics Eugene... sorry that I couldn't talk to you more today at the Wash n' Shine; heading out to S.F. now. see you next time.

Old 05-29-2011, 01:48 PM
Aerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by MY996TT
Nice pics Eugene... sorry that I couldn't talk to you more today at the Wash n' Shine; heading out to S.F. now. see you next time.
Good to see you there. Had I known you were going to get there so early, I would have dragged myself out of bed earlier too . We'll catch up next time. Have fun in the city.

Old 05-29-2011, 02:00 PM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Infineon is a great track. I saw an ALMS race there.

Old 05-29-2011, 02:57 PM
pat
pat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond repute
Very cool. Nice pictures.

Old 05-29-2011, 03:05 PM
Etchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond repute
This was my first track outing last year and yeah, agree very addicting! New brakes/tires and ready to rip it again.

Great pics- looks like a GoPro... How do you like it?

Old 05-29-2011, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by Etchhead
This was my first track outing last year and yeah, agree very addicting! New brakes/tires and ready to rip it again.

Great pics- looks like a GoPro... How do you like it?
Thanks. The GoPro worked great. I tried it inside the car, on top of the car, and on the front bumper of the car. All of the videos gave a different and interesting perspective of the track. The front bumper view gives the best sense of speed.

I was a bit apprehensive in using the suction mount on the outside of the car, but it performed like a champ with no problems at all. I've heard it's actually strong enough to pull dents out of your car. There's a sale going on right now if you're thinking about it. The $299 HD model is going for $239 pretty much everywhere. Just so you're aware, Contour is the other comparable camera. I've heard it's pretty good too.

Old 05-29-2011, 05:47 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Beautiful....

Old 05-29-2011, 06:26 PM
Porsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nicePorsche323 is just really nice
Looked like a great time, thanks for sharing.

Old 05-31-2011, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by landjet
Infineon is a great track. I saw an ALMS race there.
It's now my favorite track (out of the four I've driven -- Laguna Seca, Thunderhill, Buttonwillow, and now Infineon). Infineon also seems to have nicer facilities (race shop, garage, food, etc) -- although I haven't been to Thunderhill or Buttonwillow in quite a few years.