996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

It's FINALLY HERE!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 02:00 PM
shtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud of
Yes, pics please. Let's see those installs!

Old 06-01-2011, 06:59 AM
S4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really nice
Congrats! Enjoy!

Old 06-01-2011, 07:03 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by REOFL
On a side note - Another forum member turned me onto Porsche. He also sent me this car as a potential buy. I would like to thank him for introducing me to a true driving machine. 2MuchTime-- Thanks brother!!
Now we can have some fun Quit hitting the brakes when we race though

Old 06-04-2011, 07:41 AM
REOFL is infamous around these partsREOFL is infamous around these parts
Local audio guy gave estimate for latest Kenwood install at $3500 including parts. Speaker change is additional $1200.

Any thoughts on pricing?

Old 06-04-2011, 09:17 AM
X98boardwell is infamous around these parts
Not sure how comfortable you are with this sort of thing but you could install yourself. My unit cost $1,500 for the Kenwood DNX9980HD and another $300 in the hardware (sirius satellite box, special kenwood cable for sirius, ipod cable by kenwood and double din kit from EuroMotorSpeed). The amp was $350 and is a JL Audio XD400 (i think this was it).. no speaker change.

With that being said if you were buying the same units that would mean labor is a $1,300.. seems a little steep for me.

Old 07-21-2011, 03:29 PM
roseylv is a name known to allroseylv is a name known to allroseylv is a name known to allroseylv is a name known to allroseylv is a name known to allroseylv is a name known to all
Congrats on the purchase...I just pulled the trigger on an 01' white on black and my first mod is dealing w/ the stereo. REOFL, did you end of pulling the trigger? If so, what did you go with?
Thanks

Old 07-21-2011, 04:20 PM
Sam996TTS has a spectacular aura aboutSam996TTS has a spectacular aura aboutSam996TTS has a spectacular aura about
Only 6400 miles? That's amazing! Congratulations!

Old 07-21-2011, 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by roseylv
Congrats on the purchase...I just pulled the trigger on an 01' white on black and my first mod is dealing w/ the stereo. REOFL, did you end of pulling the trigger? If so, what did you go with?
Thanks
2004 911 TT - BUT I have very unfortunate news. I put 2,500 miles in 60 days. Can we all agree I bought a garage queen and have turned that around? It's obvious my 996 is not meant to be an every day car, at least not for me. The pocketbook doesn't allow for a second car so it's time to sell. Roger at Orbit Racing called this a true "virgin". I hope someone will appreciate her.

Orbit replaced the alternator, MAF, full service on the fluids, and replacing the power steering reservoir per Porsche TSB. All in, I am at $62.5k. This is what I want out of the car. Current mileage 9,001.

Anyone interested, please email. Professional pics to follow first of next week. I will repost in a separate thread.

FYI...The first owner was 78 and drove all of 6500 miles in 7 years-True garage queen. He bought a Nissan GTR because the 911 was too loud.

Attached Images    
Old 07-21-2011, 04:38 PM
By the way, left the stereo stock. My conclusion: You don't buy this car for a stereo. I do way too much driving to have this as my every day car.

Old 07-21-2011, 04:44 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Best of luck with the sale!!! I think you are crazy to sell it though! You could put 30K miles on the car and lose less than you are going to lose selling now!!

Old 07-21-2011, 05:31 PM
I do not want to sell it, but I caught myself getting upset when my daughter wanted to put her saddle in the back seat. It's just not practical for my situation. This isn't an every day car IMO.

You don't think someone would buy it at that price? It's the least expensive 911 Turbo with low miles I have seen. The car still has that new smell in it.

Old 07-21-2011, 07:19 PM
Aerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant future
2004 911 TT - BUT I have very unfortunate news. I put 2,500 miles in 60 days. Can we all agree I bought a garage queen and have turned that around? It's obvious my 996 is not meant to be an every day car, at least not for me. The pocketbook doesn't allow for a second car so it's time to sell. Roger at Orbit Racing called this a true "virgin". I hope someone will appreciate her.

Orbit replaced the alternator, MAF, full service on the fluids, and replacing the power steering reservoir per Porsche TSB. All in, I am at $62.5k. This is what I want out of the car. Current mileage 9,001.

Anyone interested, please email. Professional pics to follow first of next week. I will repost in a separate thread.

FYI...The first owner was 78 and drove all of 6500 miles in 7 years-True garage queen. He bought a Nissan GTR because the 911 was too loud.
Sorry to hear that you're already parting with the 996TT. I'd bet if you gave it a little more time, you'd find that it's a pretty good daily driver (with space being the only real issue). Another option you might consider is to get a higher mileage 996TT (around the $40K range) and take the remaining funds to get a larger utility car. Just a thought....

The best part of your story is the 78 year old guy who bought a GTR. I only hope I have the physical and mental capacity to do that when I'm 78 .

Old 07-21-2011, 07:37 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
congrats, your going to love every second behind that car....

Old 07-21-2011, 09:23 PM
c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !

From another thread:

Originally Posted by 2muchtime
FWIW - REOFL a member here just paid 54K for a 04' coupe with 6200 miles, very clean car garaged since new.
So, if I'm reading this right, you've put $8,500 in maintenance into the car in your first 6 weeks of ownership? For a sub-10k mile garage queen? That sucks, I'm sure you weren't expecting that. Sorry to hear you're selling so soon, but GLWS... hope you can get $60k+ out of it.

Old 07-21-2011, 10:27 PM
vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !
I bought a DD a few weeks after I picked up the 996TT....

I've driven it like 4 times in 4 months, haha.

I guess I like knowing I could give the P-car a break, *if I wanted to*

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: It's FINALLY HERE!!!