996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

New Pics...got tint and headlight & tail lights done

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 09:48 PM
McSworley is infamous around these parts
tint

What did it cost you to do the front and rear lights ?

Great job.

Looks sleek and clean.

JIM

Old 05-31-2011, 09:53 PM
Nadurra2008 is infamous around these parts
Is that the RIO parking lot over off of 370? It looks familiar. I'm from MD.

Old 05-31-2011, 10:08 PM
vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !vr4henry Is a GOD !
Looks fantastic, I think.

I'll bring my video rig next Sunday if you guys are heading back that way. I can get a HQ external mic too if folks are really interested

-Henry

Old 05-31-2011, 10:18 PM
atisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by sunir
Is that Almo's TT just to the front right of yours?

Old 05-31-2011, 10:59 PM
Etchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond repute
thanks bud ...nope no spacers...what size would i get to make them look really mean as you mentioned? The car is quite low from the factory, and the GT2 has it's fender seams rolled from the factory so that would help with clearances...was thinking about getting a set of wheel studs at some point also maybe...
I went with a kit from Dan at Vivid that had everything, back is ~14mm and front ~8mm. This along with your GT2 spec adjustments looks sweet- pushes the wheels out and fills it in just right. They say handling improves as well.

Old 05-31-2011, 11:14 PM
floridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud of
First off your car is just spectacular. I'm not a fan of tinting taillights but it works well with the color of ur car. The matte hood = win also.

Ken

Old 06-01-2011, 12:06 AM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
love the tint not as dark as mine but looks good!

Old 06-01-2011, 12:15 AM
Gotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to all
I don't know but I kinda like the headlight tint. It grows on me now. Nice!

Old 06-01-2011, 02:20 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by atisvt99
Is that Almo's TT just to the front right of yours?
yup that's Almo...met him that day...real nice dude..

How's your car coming along?

Old 06-01-2011, 02:22 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Nadurra2008
Is that the RIO parking lot over off of 370? It looks familiar. I'm from MD.
nope this is in Fair Lakes in VA...

I know RiO pretty well....do they have meets up that way?

Old 06-01-2011, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by McSworley
What did it cost you to do the front and rear lights ?

Great job.

Looks sleek and clean.

JIM
the front and rear light treatments were done after the window tint job was complete...they were some ideas that we came up with to add some unique Euro styling to the car since it was traffic at the time and I had some time to kill to let traffic die down... they wrapped everything into pne package price for me and gave me a big discount since I'll have the car at a big show coming up and offered to put some of their business cards on my car for them as a favor...

Old 06-01-2011, 02:33 PM
Thanks for the comments guys, some of you liked the light treatments and some of you didn't but I am glad that you gave me your thoughts good or bad... looks like most everyone liked the tints and the car...color matched wheels, skirts etc...

keep 'em coming...would love to hear more of your thoughts, opinions, and suggestions...

Old 06-01-2011, 03:16 PM
atisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant future
yup that's Almo...met him that day...real nice dude..

How's your car coming along?
He is a good dude...

My car hasn't seen a lot of progress here lately... I'm leaning on Ivan a little now though and hope to see some real progress this week and next. And I've changed my plan 'a little' too... I've switched gears and am now going the blow-through route by way of the the BBI/IPD Y-pipe with Protomotive intercoolers, piping, Ford MAF, and fuel system... I need the damn car RUNNING so I'll stop spending money on it while I wait!

Old 06-01-2011, 03:24 PM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by atisvt99
He is a good dude...

My car hasn't seen a lot of progress here lately... I'm leaning on Ivan a little now though and hope to see some real progress this week and next. And I've changed my plan 'a little' too... I've switched gears and am now going the blow-through route by way of the the BBI/IPD Y-pipe with Protomotive intercoolers, piping, Ford MAF, and fuel system... I need the damn car RUNNING so I'll stop spending money on it while I wait!
Lol atleast U.S. Customs aren't holding your cams for ransom money!

But I can't complain too much I'm currently sitting ata bar in Italy drinking with some beautiful Italiano girls ;-)

Old 06-01-2011, 03:50 PM
Originally Posted by OS Inspector
Lol atleast U.S. Customs aren't holding your cams for ransom money!

But I can't complain too much I'm currently sitting ata bar in Italy drinking with some beautiful Italiano girls ;-)
F... U...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Pics...got tint and headlight & tail lights done