996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Is $54K High for a 2002 996TT?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 08:33 AM
bella1 is infamous around these parts
Price

For my 2003 Turbo Midnight Blue non X50 with Dealer Installed Aero and GIAC Flash and Diverter Valves 21K miles purchased from individual in Richmond VA Feb 2011 paid $49K

Old 06-03-2011, 08:50 AM
JSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond repute
I paid about 47k for my 2002 2 years ago, 19k on the clock HRE wheels (wheels needed refinishing), GIAC tune, DV's, short shifter, old radio XM standalone install and stealth radar detector. MaShaw GT2 decklid and stock decklid, also the stock wheels (no tires).

Car was single owner, some minor paint issues (rock chips front bumper, and a few minor scratches).

If this car is not CPO, I would offer around 43k, and don't go above 46k unless CPO or you really like the car for some reason. Like others have said, if I had it all over again, I wish I would have looked for a car with a few more performance mods, as I have definately dropped a few bucks on mods, turbo's, IC's etc. etc.

Good luck.

Old 06-03-2011, 09:06 AM
kennyPride is a jewel in the roughkennyPride is a jewel in the roughkennyPride is a jewel in the rough
Negotiate your deal

All great advise on the price point for your perspective purchase. But first things first. How about some pictures and history. Then comes the comps to support your price point. Using many of the posts here will help and having other comps to reference will support a lower or negotiated price point for you. Without the support then you're simply horse trading at the ranch (in the back yard).
I agree the asking price is high and should be in the mid to high 40s depending on its history/condition. I am also seeing a firm base and even a slight up tick in pricing as the worst is behind us all now (economy).
Good luck, kenny

Old 06-03-2011, 09:49 AM
03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future
Funny how these threads go. When we sell, we all want top $$$$$$, but when buying we all wan the least expensive pristine car.

Last year I paid mid $50's for an EXCELLENT 03tt with $20k in mods/xtras with 10k miles. While I was advised that I may have overpaid. To me, the car was worth the extra money as I had already paid for 5 ppi's on less expensive cars that had issues ranging from 18mil paintwork to leaking rads and oil leaks. While none of the required work was a deal breaker, I always feel that when someone sells a car with a few known issues, what else is hiding in the closet that the owner doesnt want to fix and is therefore selling the car at a lower price to get someone to move quickly.

I am of the opinion that $40-60k is the range depending on year, miles, mods, and condition. I spend over a year finding mine and raised my budget 20% from where I first started.

Good luck with your purchase. Remember the car is worth what your willing to pay on the day you buy. Of course, the same holds true when you sell.

Overall find a car you love, believe in, and has passed a ppi. You will forget about the few bucks you coulda saved when you hit boost and have a smile ear to ear.

Old 06-03-2011, 10:21 AM
Frissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud of
Take into consideration that the car is local, no shipping, no what if...

If everything checks out, you like the car and you want it, I say anything under $52k should be fine...

Old 06-03-2011, 10:54 AM
DYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to allDYL 911 is a name known to all
45-49 for a local dealership car sounds fair with those miles

Old 06-03-2011, 10:59 AM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Frissen
, no what if....
Not sure what that means....

You cannot trust a dealer...anyone that thinks "I am protected by using a dealer instead of a private party" is kidding themselves.

I know of a local car, heavily modded, that was demodded and CPOd by a P dealer...and if PCNA looks at the DME they will likely deny any major engine claim. Then what?

There is a lot that goes into the calculus, including the buyers' capacity for negotiation and intestinal fortitude... what is right for one buyer is wrong for another. Just make sure you understand the spread in market values and the value of what you decide you need to see in your deal.

A

Old 06-03-2011, 02:09 PM
kennyPride is a jewel in the roughkennyPride is a jewel in the roughkennyPride is a jewel in the rough
As Porsche owners we buy such a car based on Performance and Emotion, with little to do with practicality or getting a good deal. Sure no one wants to get ripped off, but if you're in the ball park and LOVE the car and had it checked out, buy it. Then the few here or there ($$$) means nothing and its all about the thrill of owning one of the most desired sport cars in the world.
kenny

Old 06-03-2011, 03:03 PM
Small Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to all
Just an FYI, 03 TT, 45k miles, Sport seats, Full carbon, Painted backs etc. 41k in Sacramento a month or so ago.

Old 06-03-2011, 03:56 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
depends on factors that OP needs to expand on...how flawless is the car? Is the OP emotionally attached to the car....yet??

I think that '09 was the rock bottom for these cars...they are making a rebound....a local dealership just flipped a 30K mile X50 yellow coupe here for $58K ... and they had 2 offers on the car...

I think mid fifties for a clean car is not at all unreasonable...the whole mind stuck in the 40s paradigm is now shifting guys, these cars are getting legs in the used car market...more and more people are realizing how much car they are for the money and guess what, demand is going up and up while supply drops...you know what that does!

Old 06-03-2011, 05:46 PM
tkuwaha is infamous around these parts
I'd say mid to high 40's would be fair, but there are buyers for these cars now so you'd better make a deal before someone else does.

Old 07-14-2011, 11:41 PM
Drew's 996 is infamous around these parts
Last year the wife paid 47k for my 03 with only 21k miles on her. The stealership was asking 55k!

Old 07-15-2011, 01:06 AM
Global Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to behold
One of our clients is asking $46K for a Blue/Tan - 2002 Porsche 911 Turbo for Sale in Amherst, NH 03031

Old 07-15-2011, 11:06 AM
regrossman is a jewel in the roughregrossman is a jewel in the roughregrossman is a jewel in the rough
Sounds way to high... Paid 45k for my 2004 6-speed Turbo Cab w/46k miles a few months ago. Don't be afraid of shipping a car for a better price.

Old 07-15-2011, 11:17 AM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ Market is creeping back up folks....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Is $54K High for a 2002 996TT?