996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

CEL P1250 and P0301

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 07:45 PM
ra996tt is infamous around these parts
CEL P1250 and P0301

So a while back I fixed a P0306 code by replacing the coil pack. Past couple days it's been insanely hot outside (100+). Yesterday while doing a WOT pull, another misfire code as well as a boost related code popped up P1250 and P0301. Are they related? Or should I just replace the coilpack again and see if it fixes the problems? I was checking the DV's and the vacuum hoses going to the wg's and no visible leaks. Will pick up a Mityvac tmrw and do a boost leak test. So do I just fit the rubber fitting into the WG connection and pump up the pressure or what? Sorry I'm a noob

Old 06-09-2011, 03:12 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
How many miles on the spark plugs???

Old 06-17-2011, 08:56 AM
Coilpack replaced and it fixed the issue.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:13 AM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Just one single coilpack? And no idea what the sparkplug life is?

(Not that I expect an answer...)

Old 06-17-2011, 09:15 AM
I replaced the plugs not too long ago, maybe 1500 miles? The plugs are fine, they are the BOSCH FR6-LDC ones that Tony recommends. This is the 2nd coil pack in 4 months that has blown. Previous owner put in eBay coils for some odd reason :unamused: I have 4 more waiting for when the next one blows to replace the remaining. I didn't have the rest on hand when I did this previous one. I know inefficient but I dd my car so....

Old 06-17-2011, 09:46 AM
ard
Go it. As you may know, generally the universal recommendation for coil packs is that once one shows faults, you replace all 6.

The potting in the coil ages with heat, and once one starts showing issues (due to heating/expansion/craking/age) you just replace all- otherwise you'll be back in there again, removing the bumper, intercoolers, etc,etc

Just fr the record...

A

ps Nothing wrong with buying coilpacks off ebay... I'd be suspicious that they were really replaced, and/or they were really new... was not aware of non-porsche coilpacks being available.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by ard
Go it. As you may know, generally the universal recommendation for coil packs is that once one shows faults, you replace all 6.

The potting in the coil ages with heat, and once one starts showing issues (due to heating/expansion/craking/age) you just replace all- otherwise you'll be back in there again, removing the bumper, intercoolers, etc,etc

Just fr the record...

A

ps Nothing wrong with buying coilpacks off ebay... I'd be suspicious that they were really replaced, and/or they were really new... was not aware of non-porsche coilpacks being available.
Agreed, but the coilpacks were replaced very recently as per previous owner. They're not OEM coilpacks, they have plain black connectors instead of the stamped ones from the dealership. I do hate doing them though, next time will be my last