996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Dealing with noise limits (San Diego 6 speeders)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 01:31 AM
daytrip00 is infamous around these parts
Dealing with noise limits (San Diego 6 speeders)

Hey, this is a question especially for the socal 996ers or anyone else that has to deal with pain in the *** noise limit requirements. I'd like to autox my car and I'd also like to get a free flowing exhaust. In San diego we autox at qualcomm stadium, and they have a strict 92db noise limit. Do any of you know which exhausts will meet the requirement?

I'm looking at getting a Switzer or even a europipe (quiet) if the Switzer is too loud, but I'd like to make sure I'll be in the clear before I drop a ton of money on an exhaust...

Any advice, especially from guys livin in socal?

Old 06-10-2011, 04:02 AM
jspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond repute
1. Stay far, far away from the rev limiter there.

2. Buy a Vette, you run the entire course in second gear from start to finish.

Jim

Old 06-10-2011, 07:52 AM
Etchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond repute
Miltek Sport runs under that DB on my car as Laguna Seca has the same requirement. Free flowing so has the power for you.

I would like it louder for allnother times... So you might want a flexible system that allows the configuration to change with events you do.

Old 06-10-2011, 10:49 AM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Etchhead
Miltek Sport runs under that DB on my car as Laguna Seca has the same requirement. Free flowing so has the power for you.

I would like it louder for allnother times... So you might want a flexible system that allows the configuration to change with events you do.
It will depend how they test. At laguna the shack is pretty far away from the track where the decibel reading is taken. It is also only at one location, so you just lighten on the throttle as you pass the shack. If they are measuring at the pipe, few to none will pass that requirement.

Old 06-10-2011, 11:23 AM
jspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond repute
Can't say about PCA but most of the other clubs I've run with at the stadium have the meter by the timing trailer or whatever they set up. Also, most test each car once as far as I know. I've never seen anyone hunkered over the meters with a black flag

Jim

Old 06-10-2011, 02:32 PM
daytrip00 is infamous around these parts
Thanks Jim. I guess I was worried about nothing... we shall see

Old 06-11-2011, 12:43 AM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by daytrip00
Hey, this is a question especially for the socal 996ers or anyone else that has to deal with pain in the *** noise limit requirements. I'd like to autox my car and I'd also like to get a free flowing exhaust. In San diego we autox at qualcomm stadium, and they have a strict 92db noise limit. Do any of you know which exhausts will meet the requirement?

I'm looking at getting a Switzer or even a europipe (quiet) if the Switzer is too loud, but I'd like to make sure I'll be in the clear before I drop a ton of money on an exhaust...

Any advice, especially from guys livin in socal?
Europe pipe quiet is prolly the best bet. It even looks factory.

Old 06-11-2011, 09:52 AM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Hi,Milltek would fit your needs and make power.....Good Luck