996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Help I'm in big trouble...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 05:36 PM
code7rpd has a spectacular aura aboutcode7rpd has a spectacular aura about
I just did a clutch replacement on mine a few weeks ago. I elected to leave the motor in - what a pain. Did you go with a stock set up and dual mass flywheel or a LWFW? If the clutch disk for the LWFW is put in backwards (it is supposed to go in the opposite of the factory disk) it could cause this problem of start and cause some damage. Also with the LWFW set up the ring gear goes ona certain way and if it installed correctly I am not sure whether it would cause binding with the starter motor. You may want to pull the starter and then try to turn the engine to insure it is not binding. If this does not fix it, I am afraid you will have to pull the tranny off to see where the problem is.

It has to be binding quite a bit to cause the starter to not rotate. If the wheels are not turning then he input shaft could be stuck. If yuo went with the LWFW did you change the piece in the tranny around the input shaft?

Old 06-13-2011, 05:42 PM
I just read you used a LW flywheel. The bolts that go into the crank from the flywheel are shorter than stock so this would not cause the problem. The bolts for the pressure plate are different so hopefully you got the correct one's. The nose piece in the tranny around the input shaft (forget the name of it) has to be from an RS as well and the pilot bearing is different. Also, the clutch disk must go in the opposite way of the stock piece. If I remember correctly the stock disk has the hub toward the flywheel but the RS unit has the hub facing the transmission. If this was done wrong do not start the car! You may cause the input shaft to friction weld to the pilot bearing and damage a few other things.

Old 06-13-2011, 06:07 PM
emadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond repute
I got all the bolts, bearings and the guide tube with correct part numbers for use with an RS flywheel.

What you say about the disc is new to me....it may be a possibility.

FWIW the engine doesn't turn with the clutch disengaged either..

Thanks to all of you guys for the tips...much appreciated.

Old 06-13-2011, 06:18 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
you said you flashed the car... maybe something went wrong with the flash.... go back to stock program.... see if it works...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 06-13-2011, 06:19 PM
I'm not sure if putting the disk in backwards would cause it to bind but very well could. You may want to do a search on rennlist under the 964 forum for RS clutch install - they had a picture of the orientation of the disk. It definitely goes in the opposite way of the factory disk. Did you put the ring gear on with the stepped side facing out toward the pressure plate?

Old 06-13-2011, 06:24 PM
jspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond repute
It can't be the ECU upgrade if he really cannot manually turn the motor over in either neutral or in gear by attempting to rotate the tires in 6th or turn the crank with a breaker bar in neutral. This is a mechanical issue not an electrical one if we have all the facts.

Jim

Old 06-13-2011, 07:37 PM
Banned
ogomez79 is infamous around these parts
Did you say you tried putting a socket on the crank pulley bolt and rotating the engine over by hand? If that doesn't move its definitely mechanical.

Old 06-13-2011, 08:04 PM
jspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond repute
I guess we will find out in the morning since its Oh Dark Thirty in Italy now.

Old 06-14-2011, 05:00 AM
emadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm taking plugs off to see if a cylinder is flooded with oil (but I bet this is not the case). In the meantime I'm getting ready to take the trans out.. I'm trying to remember how I did what...but I can't recall a damn $hit! I did this one month ago and now with the extreme anger I'm feeling, it's hard to focus....

One thing is sure: if I disengage the clutch, tires spin freely.

Old 06-14-2011, 08:39 AM
racing 97 is infamous around these parts
The 8mm bolts that hold the pressure plate to the flywheel need to have a low profile head if you look through wilth the starter removed or through the opening on the drivers side you should be able to see it. Typiclally these are socket head bolts and specifically you need no washer and the correct bolt.

regards

Old 06-14-2011, 08:53 AM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
Sorry to hear that; I wish I can help but I'm not mechanically sound.

Maybe you can reverse everything that you can reverse and step thru the process of elimination.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:32 AM
Thumbs up

Problem solved guys!!

I took the tranny out and..........the clsure cap for the pulse sender (that rubber cover on the "rpm sensor") fell into the gearbox case and got stuck between the flywheel toothed ring and the case itself.....

Now it spins freely....

I want to thank you all for the advices and support...you rock guys.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:34 AM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
Happy for you!

Old 06-14-2011, 09:35 AM
Well that wasn't too horrible. You'll be on the road in no time.

Jim

Old 06-14-2011, 09:43 AM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Please Emanuelle,next time do everything slow and right.We couldn't sleep well yesterday because of you.I was thinking to call a mecanic......but you know much better CONGRATS MY FRIEND

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help I'm in big trouble...