996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Help I'm in big trouble...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 02:18 PM
emadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond repute
Help I'm in big trouble...

Hi guys,

I'm really sad tonight....

Today I finish buttoning up all the stuff in the motor compartment....do I meticulous boot leak test....flash the ECU...fill all the liquids....bleed clutch and brakes and.......

time to turn it on......

........mmmmmmmmmmmh...is the only soud I hear...

Bad battery I think....but it is fine....well maybe the starter...I took it off but it is fine...

Long story short I find myself with the engine that seems jammed....it doesn't turn half inch...clutch in or out doesnt make a difference...trying to spin it from the wheels...nothing....

What the hell did I screw up??????HELP!!

PS: I'm feeling like a complete ******bag..

Old 06-13-2011, 03:09 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
Check the ecu

Old 06-13-2011, 03:11 PM
emadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond repute
Why?

It seems that it can't "phisically" turn...

What could go wrong with the ECU?Or do you mean check for codes?

Old 06-13-2011, 03:30 PM
jspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond repute
You mean you put a socket on the crank and can't physically spin the motor in neutral?

Flat bed it in. Ot start taking it apart in reverse order till you find it. But stay off the starter.

Jim

Old 06-13-2011, 03:31 PM
alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !
When you are trying to start the car there is no noise, like a clack or something??

Try to disconnect the battery for a few minutes.

Old 06-13-2011, 03:34 PM
jspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by alex55
When you are trying to start the car there is no noise, like a clack or something??

Try to disconnect the battery for a few minutes.
No, he said the motor is physically locked up. In gear he should be able to turn the drive wheels and get the motor to spin. At least in a two wheel drive car with a manual tranny it works that way. Same with using a breaker to spin the motor in neutral.

If its locked up its either filled WAY up with oil or something is jammed.

Trying to run the starter will only make everything worse.

Jim

Old 06-13-2011, 03:38 PM
Car is on the lift already....Just installed new FW and clutch, intakes etc...

I can't get it to turn whatever I do...trying to spin wheels in the air in 6th gear, trying to spin the cranck from the pulley....nothing..

Seems like something went wrong with the FW and clutch installation..??

Old 06-13-2011, 03:40 PM
Probably the clutch. Might be backwards clutch disk or a bolt thats too long went in a short hole in the flywheel etc. You didn't leave a locking positioning pin in it did you?

Jim

Old 06-13-2011, 03:40 PM
I thought about the oil too....but I drained it from either the crankcase and the reservoir, and then put 7 quarts in it.

Maybe pressure testing it caused some oil to get into a cylinder in its compression stroke and now the piston can't move?

Old 06-13-2011, 03:42 PM
the FW is an RS one, it has a pin on the back that has to match with a "hole" in the crank....

No locking positioning pin in, I'm "almost" sure..

I think I'm getting the transmission out tomorrow..

Old 06-13-2011, 03:42 PM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Enmanuelle IF when you turn on the key the car doesn't respond maybe the ECU. The new flash may have a little defect,like he told you "check the ECU".

Old 06-13-2011, 03:44 PM
You can check for oil by taking the plugs out.

I'm betting on backwards disk or a long bolt in a short hole.

Jim

Old 06-13-2011, 03:49 PM
On BMWs you lock the teeth on the flywheel to tighten everything. Are Porsche the same and did you do this?

Jim

Old 06-13-2011, 03:50 PM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rdss
Enmanuelle IF when you turn on the key the car doesn't respond maybe the ECU. The new flash may have a little defect,like he told you "check the ECU".

OOOOPS i was way out Enmanuelle,sorry.It looks like something tough,good luck my friend.

Old 06-13-2011, 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by jspporsche
On BMWs you lock the teeth on the flywheel to tighten everything. Are Porsche the same and did you do this?

Jim
There is a tool to lock the teeth to tighten the bolts yes...

Could you elaborate a bit on the "backwards disk"?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help I'm in big trouble...