996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Solid Motor Mounts = epic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 04:56 PM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by schwarz
so jealous of you for being able to drive your car for 5 hours dude.

i haven't even been able to touch my car for 2 months.
Haha Last night I went for anothe 2-3 hour drive...

Originally Posted by steve harris
how tough to install????
30-45 minutes. Very easy.
-Remove airbox.
-Losen 2 bolts for each side for top part of motor mount ( you remove them after you remove the bottom bolt)
-Jack the engine up ( I recm. to use some wood inbetween jack and motor)
-Get under, and look for where your exhaust box meets the cats and look straight up. You should see a 18mm bolt for each side. take those off.
-Remove the top 2 bolts we spoke about on second step, and your done.

I went for another drive, yup the car is epic in fast transition sweepers. I drove a 996gt3 last night as well. Meh, it didn't fancy me like it has before. Even my friend in his 3 was like " This is not a Turbo...a Turbo cannot be this good ! "

Old 06-17-2011, 12:18 PM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by f1crazydriver

30-45 minutes. Very easy.
-Remove airbox.
-Losen 2 bolts for each side for top part of motor mount ( you remove them after you remove the bottom bolt)
-Jack the engine up ( I recm. to use some wood inbetween jack and motor)
-Get under, and look for where your exhaust box meets the cats and look straight up. You should see a 18mm bolt for each side. take those off.
-Remove the top 2 bolts we spoke about on second step, and your done.
"
2nd on the easy installation. If I could do it, anyone can. I have heard that people breaking the bolts so torquing is important. I forgot the exact numbers; I think they are about 20 for upper and about 60 for lower.

Old 06-25-2011, 02:25 PM
jdiesel has a spectacular aura aboutjdiesel has a spectacular aura about
I went for a ride in f1crazydriver's car yday to see how the motor mounts were. I think the primary concern people have is with vibration and noise being emitted from the mounts. As far as vibration, there is zero vibration due to the mounts, and the noise is not that bad. Basically if you dont mind the noise a lightened flywheel makes when the car is at idle, then the extra noise from these solids won't bother you either. The solids make most noise starting at about 3k rpms then get drowned out as you go higher into the rpms. Now for performance, I think these mounts are a worthwhile mod if you like driving your turbo to the limit. For example, last night in a ten mile stretch of twisty road, f1crazydriver had the car oversteering through roughly four or five turns. Now, I personally havent seen too many people oversteer with a turbo as they tend to understeer in stock form. So if you are dealing with understeer issues then you probably wont notice too much benefit from the solid mounts. In that case you need to do other suspension mods to make the car handle more neutral. If you oversteer and are having a hard time bringing the car back into control due to the engine causing you to spin out then it is absolutely necessary that you have solid mounts because they make controlling the rear when it steps out a lot easier. With the stock rubber mounts, and the back of the car stepping out there is a room for energy to be transferred. The best example I can think of is swinging a bucket with water in it. The water makes it harder to stop swinging the bucket compared to an empty bucket since the water transmits waves. That's how the stock rubber mounts act. If you go to solid mounts its like swinging a bucket without the water in it, you have more control over it. I know its probably not the best analogy but it kind of explains why solids are a worthwhile mod for some people and others wont notice a difference.

Old 06-25-2011, 02:52 PM
emadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MY996TT
2nd on the easy installation. If I could do it, anyone can. I have heard that people breaking the bolts so torquing is important. I forgot the exact numbers; I think they are about 20 for upper and about 60 for lower.
+1...always follow torque specs...AND CHECK YOUR DYNAMOMETRIC WRENCH once in a while...

Old 06-26-2011, 09:36 PM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
JDiesel was it fun the ride with Enrique ? i heard he is a very good driver.

Old 06-26-2011, 09:56 PM
Originally Posted by rdss
JDiesel was it fun the ride with Enrique ? i heard he is a very good driver.
It was more exciting than riding on a rollercoaster, he definitely is a good driver. Although I knew that before this ride as I have been quite a few rides with enrique.

Old 06-26-2011, 10:01 PM
S4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really nice
Subscribed! Tks for sharing!

Old 06-26-2011, 10:06 PM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jdiesel
It was more exciting than riding on a rollercoaster, he definitely is a good driver. Although I knew that before this ride as I have been quite a few rides with enrique.
Yep i thought that,a lot of fun.

Old 06-27-2011, 12:15 AM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rdss
Yep i thought that,a lot of fun.
You should come up for a ride

Jdisel first rode with me about 5 years ago. He thought I was all talk, boy did he quickly retracted that statement I handle the 911 like a WRC car, that should sum it up.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:36 AM
Originally Posted by f1crazydriver
You should come up for a ride

Jdisel first rode with me about 5 years ago. He thought I was all talk, boy did he quickly retracted that statement I handle the 911 like a WRC car, that should sum it up.
Thanks man,i really would like to ride with some one who knows exactly how to drive a 911.

I imagined Jdiesel first ride with you,like he said,felt like rollercoster

You have few mods and enjoy so much your car,but like they say "the best mod is the driver"

Old 06-27-2011, 10:59 AM
pinoy911tt is a splendid one to beholdpinoy911tt is a splendid one to beholdpinoy911tt is a splendid one to beholdpinoy911tt is a splendid one to beholdpinoy911tt is a splendid one to beholdpinoy911tt is a splendid one to behold
he sure can drive i've been behid him on the twisties

Old 06-27-2011, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by pinoy911tt
he sure can drive i've been behid him on the twisties
if he didn't lose you after a few seconds then you must be a good driver too.

Old 06-27-2011, 06:40 PM
Banned
porka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by jdiesel
if he didn't lose you after a few seconds then you must be a good driver too.
i tend to be enriques ghost at the twisties.. always trailing him! hehe