996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

School me on 996 TTS (search done...have Q's)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 05:31 PM
quick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant future
School me on 996 TTS (search done...have Q's)

Thinking about expanding my search and including 996 TTS as well.. Well the more i read about it the more i get confused... So far i have gathered the following info on this particular model and please feel free to correct me
a)- It has the same turbo K24 as the X50 but does it really makes 489 HP as
GT2 ? I was told TTS has the same power but is AWD ? Different sources say different stuff so what's right,heck who knows ?
b)- Suspension,is stance slightly lowered than the stock X50 ?
c)- PCCB is standard while it was an option in an X50 ..
d)- Guages could be different ?

So why the heck is TTS so expensive ? If one can afford it,is it worth the money ?

Please advice..

Old 06-16-2011, 04:29 AM
S4Drifter is infamous around these parts
I may be able to help a little bit. I assume you are looking at an '03-'05 Turbo S. In 2002 there was no turbo S, but instead there was the X50 option. The X50 option included K24s, GT2 intercoolers and some other bits all for a $17k premium (when new). In 2002, PCCB were an option. On the 03-05 S cars, I believe (dont hold me to it) PCCB's were standard. The X50 option went away as it became standard equipment on the Turbo S models. I cannot speak to the suspension (I have an 02 and quickly bought PSS10's) height between the two.

In terms of "is it worth it?". The concensus on the board that I have read, is that if you plan to keep the car stock with minor mods (flash, exhaust), it is worth the approx. $2k premium these cars usually get. However, if you plan on more extensive modding, then buying a regular TT and putting the money you save towards larger turbos and other mods is the better way to go. As always, buy the cleanest car you can find with full documentation and a thorough PPI.

Good luck!

Old 06-16-2011, 04:31 AM
S4Drifter is infamous around these parts
Oh, I forgot to answer the other question.

All the turbos are AWD. The GT2 is RWD. The X50 makes approximately 440hp. Not 489.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.