996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

guys with evo intercoolers what hoses are you using? looking for solutions?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 08:32 PM
AdrianM5 is a name known to allAdrianM5 is a name known to allAdrianM5 is a name known to allAdrianM5 is a name known to allAdrianM5 is a name known to allAdrianM5 is a name known to all
guys with evo intercoolers what hoses are you using? looking for solutions?

guys using evo intercoolers what hoses are you guys using? I'm trying to source a set of evo hoses or try to find a solution. another brand of hoses that works? any of you using hard piping? if so from whom or where did you get the hoses or piping from? you can pm me if you want.

thanks
Adrian

Old 06-17-2011, 11:53 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
You need evoms hoses... the others will not slip over the piping on IC... you can come up with some aluminum transitions and silicone couplers.... you will need 2.5 to 2.25"

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 06-17-2011, 10:48 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
We make a Y-Pipe with 2.5" silicon hose connectors that is designed to work perfectly with the EVOMS intercoolers. It's a great solution to your problem because if you have the EVOMS IC's, you now have the beginnings of upgraded flow to your motor, but your OEM hose connectors and OEM Y-Pipe will become your restriction. If you go with a 2.5" Y-Pipe (like the one pictured), then all the bottlenecks in the airway are eliminated. IMO, it's the proper way to do it, if you are looking for maximum flow and performance.

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials facebook SpeedTech Exhaust Videos

Last edited by John@SpeedTech; 06-17-2011 at 10:53 PM.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:12 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
I use the EVO bottom pipes and Speedtech upper pipes. It gets rid of the coupling mechanism and the restrictive transitions for smooth airflow throughout.

If you're getting an "f" pipe, I recommend black. In fact if I had to do it all over again i would go with black all around. The car passes CA smog with flying colors (even with the GIAC Hitachi MAF), but the colored piping makes the smog checks guys very "curious" and I always have to search for a "friendly" place. If it was all black I think I would get no questions.

I'm not sure if evo sells just the lower pipes, but John's kit does includes everything you need for the uppers. Maybe stick with stock lower hoses and go with John's kit. John will know for sure.

Last edited by Turbo Fanatic; 06-17-2011 at 11:24 PM.
Old 06-18-2011, 06:09 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
+1. I had the same set up

Old 06-19-2011, 03:10 PM
FlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant futureFlyingGuy has a brilliant future
i just picked up a set of EVO clubsports also. looking at all options. getting the EVO boost hoses might be easier/cheaper than hard piping. but its all about flow, right? so i dunno yet.......