996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

PCCB with red calipers. Would I be a wanker?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 09:05 AM
jspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond repute
PCCB with red calipers. Would I be a ******?

Or should I say, MORE of a ******.

I'm progressing on my negotiations for a new 997TT S.

Only thing is, I hate yellow calipers. They make me ill. Would I be out of line with some sort of P-Car history to get the Calipers in red? More correctly, I guess I would be redoing them red since I'm looking at a car in the showroom already.

Jim

Old 06-17-2011, 10:02 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
much better to to red vs. red to yellow

Old 06-17-2011, 10:40 AM
Former Vendor
ModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant future
I prefer yellow, red is way too common.
However I dont really believe that the color of your calipers is proportional to level of your wankerness

Old 06-17-2011, 12:07 PM
Gungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant future
Ha ha I think it would be funny to do so. A bit like the person with the AMG who rebadges with the lesser badge to make a sleeper.

Old 06-17-2011, 03:01 PM
Carbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond repute
It depends on the color of the car for me. I have slate gray and would prefer yellow calipers as it complements that color better.

Red and yellow are both loud colors, so you're not any more or less of a ****** with red or yellow.

Old 06-17-2011, 03:24 PM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Its your car and you have earned the right to do with it as you will. Let your ***** hang down, be a Man and do what you like and not what the masses think. After all its you that's got to look at the car.

Last edited by Frank ( Sunnyside ); 06-17-2011 at 03:30 PM.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:28 PM
ecudooberhead is infamous around these parts
I would argue it makes you less of a ******. Many people pay top dollar for PCCBs BECAUSE they are yellow...

Old 06-17-2011, 04:45 PM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
I am a fan of a Red Caliper opposed to the yellow myself.

Old 06-17-2011, 04:54 PM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
I've got yellow belts and stiching so I'm bias.

Old 06-17-2011, 05:25 PM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
As you wish. Its your car. I like the yellow on red and black cars but also like the body color on the calipers. Who cares if some thinks your a ******? Just show them your wallet

Attached Images  
Old 06-18-2011, 03:22 PM
jspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond repute
I like boring silver over black cars. I have 2 silver over black P-car Verts now and want a 997 TT S in silver over black vert too. I like the exterior of the car to be in the silver black and red theme or at least shades of those colors to match the paint, interior/roof and lights.

The yellow just jars the picture for me.

We'll see how negotiations go. We are 5.5K apart right now and of all things they are fighting giving up that money in the wheels which they added aftermarket and I don't like much. They put black wheels on it and I said I wanted either charcoal or silver or to put the OE wheels back on it. I think eventually they will come around to one of those options. But I'm wrong about something every day.

Jim

Old 06-18-2011, 03:40 PM
richgraham is a jewel in the roughrichgraham is a jewel in the roughrichgraham is a jewel in the rough
see if one of the Pcar salvage businesses would swap colors with you, perhaps for a small fee...

Old 06-18-2011, 07:01 PM
FLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud of
What color are the seat belts? I'd match that to the calipers....

Old 06-18-2011, 11:17 PM
Aerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by jspporsche
Or should I say, MORE of a ******.

I'm progressing on my negotiations for a new 997TT S.

Only thing is, I hate yellow calipers. They make me ill. Would I be out of line with some sort of P-Car history to get the Calipers in red? More correctly, I guess I would be redoing them red since I'm looking at a car in the showroom already.

Jim
Since it'll be your car -- you should paint them whatever color you'd like. The only issue is that you might have to convince a future buyer that they're really PCCB, even though they're red . But who worries about the next buyer anyway!