996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

cheap durametric?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 07-08-2011, 12:37 PM
USAF CRO is infamous around these parts
Thumbs down You owe a public apology.

Jspporsche:

"There's also a reason this country is toast. Like it or not, we are in a spiral that cannot be recovered from. No chance in hell.

With or without China, we are done because as a society we have given up on working hard and making the best product possible for the best possible price.

Cry like babies if you want, its as inevitable as death and taxes. The US of A is over.

Jim[/QUOTE]"

Jim, perhaps you need to change your venue and come to Iraq or Afghanistan...because you seem to have surrounded yourself with hypocrites. My men and I along with our nations armed forces are fighting for your and other's rights this very moment. Search yourself and ask "What have I done to serve America?" Now review your quote again. You should be ashamed at yourself. I will leave my name so you know who held you accountable for your childish rant. J. Harmon, combat rescue officer USAF. Kandahar, Afghanistan.

BTW: I made my first million by 25. I gave it up to serve you, you jack-wagon.

IMHO: to retain its market position, Durametric will continue to have to invest in security just like all other software producers. However, they need to remain competitive in a free market so as competitors emerge, they will have to innovate as they did in the first place. Simple supply and demand.

Last edited by USAF CRO; 07-08-2011 at 01:00 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:10 PM
jspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond reputejspporsche has a reputation beyond repute
I was in the Marines, so?

Have you thought about taking some reading comprehension classes? I agree with you. The nation however does not.

Please don't serve me. We are wasting lives in a useless battle that ended a month ago with Bin Laden. I hope you and everyone else makes it home in one piece. In the meantime, read some Roman history. Its amazingly enlightening.

Toodles.

Old 07-08-2011, 11:12 PM
calcareer is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jspporsche
People shouldn't fear China so much. Most of you should be able to remember the 80's when Japan was going to buy the world. They didn't.

China has a lot of its own problems too. The money is not real. You might think its undervalued. Its not. Its inflated like ours. They are going to have a problem sooner or later. They will stall like Japan.

When we were the hot sh** we didn't own England or France or Germany. We will definitely bottom out in the not too distant future too. But the baby boomers will eventually die and remove the Medicare burden. If we can regain control of the education system, we will be stars again because its how we think.

Ask yourselves why Durametric has the price strategy they do and why there is a unit that supports only 3 VINs. Its extremely easy to figure out. Its all about the snap-on truck and how those people sell to (or enslave) mechanics.

Jim
I like the way you think. You seem to understand the reality of how the world works. Being in technical education, you are correct in saying that we can become great again if we can regain control of our education system. Sad to say with Czar Duncan in charge, this will not be happening anytime soon.
Look me up when you are in OC.

Old 07-08-2011, 11:28 PM
wmiranda is infamous around these parts
I've spent 31 years in the intel community. 24 years of those in the military. I've been to 34 countries and a number of battle zones. I am also disabled because of it. Not sure why this matters in the court of opinion but for whatever reason it seems to.

America has most definitely lost it's edge and it's sense of pride. I personally am at times embarrassed when return from a job abroad and see the petty concerns of the people in this nation... The sense of entitlement. The attitude that simply through birth, you are owed something. I am also ashamed of he naïveté in relation to the res of the world.

As far as durametric, install security. Don't, and as far as I'm concerned you get what you deserve. As far as cheap crap made in China, yes... A lot is junk. But somehow I never see that stopping people like the Harley fans out there... Even knowing that this 'American icon' is about 30% foreign with most of those pieces coming from China.

There's actually a good chance that cable came from the same factory that makes the durametric cable,.. If durametric actually does outsource them. Seen that all over Asia. I've bought tons of pirated stuff from the same places that make the 'originals'. Charge a few cents more,.. Run a few more at the factory and sell that overage on the street.

You need look no further that the automobile industry, computer industries, Hollywood and our own military (there are very few weapons sytems that are 100% american manufactured anymore) to see that America got on that slippery slope of losing it's competitive edge a long time ago.

As far as being in Afghanistan, my prayers are with you but if you saw the intel briefs, sit-reps etc., you would see that being there has nothing to do with fighting for Americas rights and freedoms. We lost a lot of those all on our own because the sheeple here truly do not give a rats *** (read any of the top 50 legislative initiatives the last 20 years and preach freedom then).

Btw... A Chinese girl making 14 cents an hour would actually put her right in line with the average salary in china

Thank you for your service. Sorry you are there because I do not believe that action is worth a single American life. Especially after the death of the only reason we went in there.

Bmiranda

Last edited by wmiranda; 07-08-2011 at 11:53 PM.
Old 07-09-2011, 03:49 AM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Guys,
I have read through all the posts and your all missing something about "Durametric". once you have bought version 5 on cd and the cable you can down load and use version 6 Beta for free. I started with Beta version 6.0.1.0 , were now on 6.1.0.1 . Every few month Durametrics come up with new products, new Porsche models and variants , & modules that can be tested. The are regularly fixing any bugs in the Beta version and if you contact Owen at Durametric he will work with you and invite you to be part of the testing program giving your feed back on the new products.
There is no way in the world a cheep China knock off can offer such levels of support. If you send a log to Owen he will look at it ant tell you if there are any problems.
So come on there is no substitute for constant development and customer service.
I feel bad for all those who have the older version, but its exactly that. Buy the new version and that's that. Free upgrades and no need to worry about older versions again.
If you have never tried version 6 you must, its nothing like version 5. Totally new and modern, a must have. I also have a PST2 and i can tell you version 6 is almost as good.

Last edited by Frank ( Sunnyside ); 07-09-2011 at 04:32 AM.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:15 AM
VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !
I find the amount of emotion that has been expressed on this forum interesting. This topic got pretty heated and has gotten a little off. I was in Iraq in 04 and served my country for 6 years, but that is completely irrelevant to any of the points being made here.

I think their are a few facts missing here. This durametric knockoff is not a replacment for the real deal. The knockoff version that is available is so locked down that it is only really usefull for basic engine logging, checking and clearing codes. When I was in the Audi scene I was able to download VAGCOM for free off their site and use the very basic functions of the program with a basic generic cable. If I paid the $250 for the VAGCOM cable I got everything. If you can download the Durametric program for free and this chinese company is just making a cable to work with the free software, are they really guilty of anything? Seems to be about the same thing as making and selling an aftermarket part for a porsche.

In the end you are getting what you pay for. If you want to pay for the Durametric product you get the support and extended capabilities. Seems pretty simple to me.

Old 09-30-2012, 09:56 AM
xbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond repute
Funny discusion since I am sure Durametric reverse engineered all communication with the ECU from a Porsche service computer. And who cares if it is a US worker or a Asian one putting the cable together?

So ecutools.com made a copy of the Durametric cable and uses their software which is a copy of the Porsche software.

the only way to claim some moral supremecy here is if you actually bought a Porsche service computer. Though it is not made in the US

Old 09-30-2012, 10:30 AM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
i have the durametric but with my pea brain i still havent figyred out how to use it. plugged my dashdaq in and have 30 pids to log from. add a sd card and it stores the loggs for later review. much easier for me!