996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Coolant Hose Falling Off??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 10:23 PM
Glacier is a jewel in the roughGlacier is a jewel in the roughGlacier is a jewel in the roughGlacier is a jewel in the rough
Coolant Hose Falling Off??

I have now had the coolant hose on the upper passenger side of the engine 'pop' off 3 times. When it disconnects from the water pump housing, the retention clip stays in place on the housing, but the hose (with it's metal end and o-ring) come off.
I replaced the hose and retention clips, but it came off again. Has anyone else had this problem? Any solutions?
The water pump housing side of the connection appears undamaged.
Help!!

Old 06-24-2011, 11:24 PM
VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Glacier
I have now had the coolant hose on the upper passenger side of the engine 'pop' off 3 times. When it disconnects from the water pump housing, the retention clip stays in place on the housing, but the hose (with it's metal end and o-ring) come off.
I replaced the hose and retention clips, but it came off again. Has anyone else had this problem? Any solutions?
The water pump housing side of the connection appears undamaged.
Help!!
I have a good friend going through this now and it appears as though the 996TT coolant hose is no lo9nger available. Only the 997TT which requires the updated engine side receptical as well. Interested to see your fix. I would suggest a silicone coolant hose setup. It is most likely the metal part of the hose retention fitting causing the issue.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:17 AM
Aerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant future
Have you gone through the following thread here?

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ark-werks.html

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:34 AM
Wolk's Wagon is infamous around these partsWolk's Wagon is infamous around these parts
Fyi the spring clips for the hose are not the same size on either end of this particular hose.

You might have them switched as the difference is very slight and the smaller one will not seat quite right on the larger water pump outlet. Only one ear will clip in place and the hose fitting would not be secure. I fooled with this for quite some time when replacing mine until i realized the size difference and swapped them back.

Old 06-27-2011, 01:27 PM
Glacier is a jewel in the roughGlacier is a jewel in the roughGlacier is a jewel in the roughGlacier is a jewel in the rough
Does anyone know if the smaller clip or the larger clip should be in the waterpump side?