996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Does Porsche Still Offer the X73 Kit?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 07:23 AM
NineElevenLover is just really niceNineElevenLover is just really niceNineElevenLover is just really niceNineElevenLover is just really niceNineElevenLover is just really nice
Does Porsche Still Offer the X73 Kit?

Suncoast doesn't have it. I called them and was told that it had been discontinued by Porsche. I'm looking to replace my PSS9s with the X73 suspension kit, and I'd rather not mess with buying all of the parts individually and assembling things myself. I wonder if Carnewal or Sunset Porsche still offer this package? I will call Sunset once they open.

Old 07-07-2011, 07:26 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
You know the best places to start as those are the 2 I would call first. I'm not sure who else would be able to aquire it. Good luck!

Old 07-07-2011, 07:52 AM
c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !
Just started a similar thread on RL, since several of those guys run the X73. Yes, Carnewal still has it... one poster just ordered one. Sonnen's site also advertises that they carry it, but if you're ready to buy now you should probably just call (like you've already done with the others). Good luck; look forward to your results/feedback.

Old 07-07-2011, 07:59 AM
daytrip00 is infamous around these parts
Suncoast has it too. Ask for this part number: 000-044-500-37
There can be some lead time getting one.

Old 07-07-2011, 08:02 AM
NineElevenLover is just really niceNineElevenLover is just really niceNineElevenLover is just really niceNineElevenLover is just really niceNineElevenLover is just really nice
Originally Posted by daytrip00
Suncoast has it too. Ask for this part number: 000-044-500-37
There can be some lead time getting one.
Just called them and the guy said it was discontinued.

Old 07-07-2011, 08:19 AM
Carnewal said they don't have any in stock, but they could order one. Lead time is 2-3 weeks. I'll be calling Sunset once they open in 40 mins.

Old 07-07-2011, 09:01 AM
buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !
just curious, why are you changing ?

Old 07-07-2011, 09:22 AM
vv23 has a spectacular aura aboutvv23 has a spectacular aura about
Found u a set. Sent PM

Old 07-07-2011, 10:11 AM
Originally Posted by buzzm
just curious, why are you changing ?
Evidently I'm riding on and/or bouncing off the bumpstops, because the car feels like crap when I hit bumps while cornering hard. Here's a link to my thread describing my issues.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...dulations.html

Old 07-07-2011, 11:00 AM
buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !
that sucks, sounds like something is definitely wrong/needs adjusting, i have them and love them

Old 07-07-2011, 01:09 PM
JSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond repute
Seems like it may be cheaper to have it adjusted / aligned / corner balanced

rather than rip everything out, install new HW.

Front end on the 911 is LIGHT, I'm coming from a B5 Audi S4, and it took me awhile to get used to the 911. I'm certainly not saying that you don't have an issue.

BBI in SoCal adjusted my PSS9's, aligned, & corner balance, it certainly helped. Prior to this I had some of the problems you mention. I'm much more content now, when the time comes I will look at other options.

Good luck.

Originally Posted by NineElevenLover
Evidently I'm riding on and/or bouncing off the bumpstops, because the car feels like crap when I hit bumps while cornering hard. Here's a link to my thread describing my issues.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...dulations.html

Old 07-07-2011, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by JSBear
rather than rip everything out, install new HW.

Front end on the 911 is LIGHT, I'm coming from a B5 Audi S4, and it took me awhile to get used to the 911. I'm certainly not saying that you don't have an issue.

BBI in SoCal adjusted my PSS9's, aligned, & corner balance, it certainly helped. Prior to this I had some of the problems you mention. I'm much more content now, when the time comes I will look at other options.

Good luck.
It's already aligned and corner balanced. Did you see the pic of my mangled bumpstop?

Old 07-07-2011, 11:16 PM
TekNiC3 is infamous around these partsTekNiC3 is infamous around these parts
When I purchased the X73 suspension from Suncoast last December, they informed me that there was only 1 kit left in Germany.

Old 07-07-2011, 11:41 PM
daytrip00 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TekNiC3
When I purchased the X73 suspension from Suncoast last December, they informed me that there was only 1 kit left in Germany.
I was told recently by sunset that that only means they need to replenish the stock. It adds to the lead time to be sure, but doesn't mean they've stopped manufacturing them.

Old 07-08-2011, 04:49 AM
TekNiC3 is infamous around these partsTekNiC3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by daytrip00
I was told recently by sunset that that only means they need to replenish the stock. It adds to the lead time to be sure, but doesn't mean they've stopped manufacturing them.
Yeah, I hope so.

The X73 is a great suspension set up IMO.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Does Porsche Still Offer the X73 Kit?