996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Re-Wrapped wheel installed ..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 07:41 AM
Banned
Sql_pl is a splendid one to beholdSql_pl is a splendid one to beholdSql_pl is a splendid one to beholdSql_pl is a splendid one to beholdSql_pl is a splendid one to beholdSql_pl is a splendid one to beholdSql_pl is a splendid one to behold
Did you ever get the new leather match the rest of the interior?

My wheel has been redone by Mansory Germany and my new leather is just like yours in those pics above, visibly lighter than the airbag cover.

It annoys me.

Old 02-06-2012, 07:44 AM
Banned
Sql_pl is a splendid one to beholdSql_pl is a splendid one to beholdSql_pl is a splendid one to beholdSql_pl is a splendid one to beholdSql_pl is a splendid one to beholdSql_pl is a splendid one to beholdSql_pl is a splendid one to behold
Oh and could you please post some pics of your car with those black CH-R rims?

Old 02-06-2012, 08:14 AM
m3ntal Is a GOD !m3ntal Is a GOD !m3ntal Is a GOD !m3ntal Is a GOD !m3ntal Is a GOD !m3ntal Is a GOD !m3ntal Is a GOD !m3ntal Is a GOD !m3ntal Is a GOD !m3ntal Is a GOD !m3ntal Is a GOD !
Looks great. I will be getting mine done soon as well by DCT.

Old 02-06-2012, 11:22 AM
JSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond repute
Leather gets darker over time, my wife thinks I'm crazy as she

says the match is close enough. You could use some oil on it, it would darken it up, I haven't tried this yet. Need to research and choose the right oil, saddle oil or something similar. If you go this route let me know how it works out.

Originally Posted by Sql_pl
Did you ever get the new leather match the rest of the interior?

My wheel has been redone by Mansory Germany and my new leather is just like yours in those pics above, visibly lighter than the airbag cover.

It annoys me.

Old 02-06-2012, 11:23 AM
JSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond repute
Here you go ... Only pics I have :)

Originally Posted by Sql_pl
Oh and could you please post some pics of your car with those black CH-R rims?

Old 02-06-2012, 01:18 PM
HIX
HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !
Your car looks great man. I love the interior, wheels, wing, everything. Very well done.

Old 02-06-2012, 02:37 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Looks good. I re-dyed my steering wheel this past weekend using leatherique. I have graphite grey and the 9:00 position was getting spotty. After some trial and error it turned out almost perfect. Cost me about $50.

Last edited by deckman; 02-06-2012 at 02:52 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:42 PM
996TTCABX50 is infamous around these parts
JSBear - My interior is almost the same as yours. I have a cracked wood/brown leather wheel and need to replace it. I like the option you created, but am concerned about the color not matching. I know if it's not a perfect match to the airbag it will bother me every day. Would you do it again?

Old 03-05-2012, 11:27 PM
I would do it again .. Like the new wheel better than

the stock wheel. They added some more padding, so it's thicker. The leather seems to be getting darker with use, leather conditioner may have darkened it up a shade or two also.

There is no doubt I wish the match was perfect from the get go, but the leather in my car was 9 years old when I added the wheel, and leather does change color with age, sun exposure etc. darkens it up.

I don't notice it as much anymore. I will take a look at it in the morning and report back

Originally Posted by 996TTCABX50
JSBear - My interior is almost the same as yours. I have a cracked wood/brown leather wheel and need to replace it. I like the option you created, but am concerned about the color not matching. I know if it's not a perfect match to the airbag it will bother me every day. Would you do it again?